To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coolio101
x3ap

Post by Coolio101 » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 21:40

Hmm let me see if i got this straight. Im playing mission 2, i pick up the scientists. Once i get back to Argon Prime, i dock at shipyard and sell all my stuff on the Express? Or just dump it into space?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 21:49

Just dock at TerraCorp, where the scientists are supposed to go. But before contacting Elena Kho, sell the gear from the ship. Terracorp is basically an equipment dock, and should buy everything you can sell. Remember, though, that you can't sell extensions or software of any type. You'll need to transfer those to another ship if you want to keep them. BTW, you can't sell equipment at a shipyard. Shipyards only buy ships.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:35

Coolio101 wrote:Hmm let me see if i got this straight. Im playing mission 2, i pick up the scientists. Once i get back to Argon Prime, i dock at shipyard and sell all my stuff on the Express? Or just dump it into space?
There's another mission later where you get an even better ship. Again this should be stripped bare before you give it back.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:35

More over if you're a good pilot and that you have the fully equipped Discoverer, you can try to cap a pirate Bayamon :roll:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:46

Or put an APSG in the rear turret of that Express, and try to cap a few of the 'super' pirates that attack you in that mission. If you're lucky, you can get some pretty awesome Bayamons and Orinocos. A 300+ m/s pirate Orinoco with 32 engine tunings is probably the best fighter you'll get in vanilla X2. A 412 m/s Bayamon is nothing to turn your nose up at, either. :D

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:54

Or put an APSG in the rear turret of that Express, and try to cap a few of the 'super' pirates that attack you in that mission. If you're lucky, you can get some pretty awesome Bayamons and Orinocos. A 300+ m/s pirate Orinoco with 32 engine tunings is probably the best fighter you'll get in vanilla X2. A 412 m/s Bayamon is nothing to turn your nose up at, either.
Yer true but a standard bayermon is good enough to us real combat pilots :P
As for the orinoco well thats good enough to take down Khaak M3's just capped one last night in my little oninoco.
Oh by the way new X2 game again due to system crash lost my hole empire but never mind am on my way to building another :twisted:
And having fun doing it, makes a change to be vunarable again.
No TL to run to when things start getting a little hot. :roll:
But that won't be for long. :twisted:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:58

Spaceweed Adict wrote:....
Yer true but a standard bayermon is good enough to us real combat pilots ....
But then again, it takes a 'real combat pilot' to cap one of those specials in a mere Argon Express. :P

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 00:20

TPs are only good for Borons I think :P
Well only in 1.2 I used TPs Boron as freighter, that's all :P

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 00:26

But then again, it takes a 'real combat pilot' to cap one of those specials in a mere Argon Express.
Yer right but with APSG's its bloody hard to miss now isn't it. :lol:
Nar couldn't be bothered with that never bother with those pesky pirates just let the dragon deal with them :fg:
Arr well as I said the Earthcorp empire is no more but what was will be again :twisted:
This time its strictly vanilla and extreme but am still going down the same road that is I'm going to run my empire solely on captured ships.
It worked once so why nock it. :roll:
Felt waird thou flying this bet up piece of junk bandana give me, God no weapons, wouldn't pull you out of bed, Corners like as if the wife's driving and as for cargo space well I could carry more on the back of my bike but well I suppose that was what they ment by extreme :lol:
But well I've now got an Orinoco fitted with just about everthing I can cram in it and My TS is now UT level 25.
So here we go again on the long road to restore the prestige and might of the the EARTCORP empire :wink:

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 00:43

TPs are only good for Borons I think
Well only in 1.2 I used TPs Boron as freighter, that's all
Yer True there adobis :fg:
You just give me a good idea there mentioning the boron.
Getting that bloody BBS message about the Boron princess needing to get stoned then pissed to cure this illness she has well I must be suffering the same thing becouse like a good boy that I am I take my medican too. :fg:
Right trusted friend the boron call me, well not for long :twisted:
guna wack some of there TS's and cap a few and just before they make me public enermy number 1 I'll give'em the booze and weed to sort out the princess then I'll be Queens Knight again :fg:
Cool aye :twisted:
Think it will work :?

Coolio101
x3ap

Post by Coolio101 » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 01:10

So let me see again, I should sell everything i can from the Express on TerracorpHQ and i also dump its systems outside the station, right?
I played through the 2nd misison, and i only sold the lasers and shields. I left the equipment on the ship...

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 12:46

Spaceweed, that's a great idea, especially because this greedy queen doesn't give you anything :shock:

Oh another thing I would prefer to keep the booze for me :D

Coolio, you should have transfered the software from the TP to your Disco :roll:
It's always a few credits spare, and you need it at the beginning :wink:

Coolio101
x3ap

Post by Coolio101 » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 15:04

But thats what i dont get, bydumping it into space and then picking it up or do it inside the station?

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 16:08

No you can transfer wares from a ship to another inside the station :wink:

You search through the menus your other ship, then you select it, and then you open the menu of the cargo freight :!:

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 15:42

I didn't see the 3rd quickstart path in this thread, forgive me if it's already been mentioned.

After stripping the Express head over to Seizewell and buy an "S" type Vulture with everything you need to start mobile mining (check out TD's guide to mobile mining for details). You can now mine Seizewell for silicon and ore and sell it in neighboring systems without worrying about pirate or khaak attacks. When you finish cleaning out Seizewell you should be back up to about $1 million credits in an hour or two.

KoshZdryh

Post by KoshZdryh » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 20:15

Hey man what was that for ?
You almost made me have a heart attack... :evil:

shiner421
x3tc

umm, doesnt work for me

Post by shiner421 » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 16:38

Dont know what I am doing wrong, but when you start an easy game, you do NOT egt the ship you say your supposed to get. is Neophyte X3 different thatn X3 TC? in easy mode you start out with the Normandy. I am trying to give this game a real chance, but the more I play it the more I hate it, far too difficult for the casual gamer.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 16:53

Sounds like you are playing a modified X TC game and trying to compare it with advice in an oldish thread about X2 The Threat.

Rholand

Post by Rholand » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 14:48

Thanx for the TuTs, Nanook. I've recently got out of EvE Online because i live in paraguay and don't have a credit card for the monthly subscription -and to tell you the truth, i don't want to go into all that trouble just for EvE- so i started looking for a game alike and i also found out that X is older than EvE so that kinda gives me motivation to want to play it.
I'm downloading the trial version of X3 Terran Conflict and i'm really looking forward to it.
I've been reading posts about how hard the game is and i've really started to like the game even before i play it. There's nothing worse in the world of gameplay than a game that's simple and lineal. And seeing all those tuts you've posted gave me more and more reasons to give it a full shot.
Thanx for the posts! I'll be giving my review of the game at least after i played it for awhile and tell you how i did.

Kabiz

Post by Kabiz » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 16:03

Thanks for the advice, I came across it a little late. Had finished the 3rd mission and dabbled in trading already. Bought the freighter and have 1.4m now. Time to figure out buying factories :) Thanks again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”