NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:07

Indeed. The day I see it in the store is the day it goes home with me...

That said, I wonder if current mod tools will still work with it. Muhahahaha.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:31

I think there moving scripting into a external application or is it just mission director that's external?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:37

xeon_1 wrote:
Poacher886 wrote:Yea, but random battles from Xenon just because their racist with no real strategic or meaning on their part loses any reason behind the battle itself!!

If a rival faction / cartel wanted 'your' sector to expand its joined Empire and started a personal war against you for that reason, then you would have a cause, reason, and meaning to gaining an Armarda and battling for the sector!!

Thats what i would like to see...
The problem is when do they start attacking you.
I mean some people go for destroyers first chance they get others build cash and empires first and then invest.
For the others to start attacking you the parameters shouldn't be gamedays or money alone but how many fighting ships you have.
I mean if somebody has 100 freighters and they start the attack that person is toast.
If he has 50m3 he has a chance

They start attacking you when you become a nusiance to them, i.e you are in the way of their plans and empire....

If your in the way of their empire, you must already have some significance.. Also diplomicy with them, would warn you off this!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:38

The MSCI will not be moving to an external application. The MD uses XML files that can be edited in any XML editor, but preferably one that supports XML schemas.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:40

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

http://www.kochmedia.de/haendler/shop/p ... 08445D.jsf

Translated bits from German page:

Publication date: 26.09.2008 (without obligation)
Not yet available. Order now, we supply, as soon as the commodity arrives with us.
CONDITION FOR SYSTEM Operating system: Windows XP/Vista CCU: 2.0 GHz Pentium od. 100% compatible processor
Memory (RAM): starting from 1 GB RAM
CD-ROM: DVD drive assembly necessarily
Diagram map: 256 MT 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (emergency onboard) with pixel Shader 2,0 support
Additive: Windows XP (SP-2)/Vista (FR 1), 5 GB of free fixed disks, Mouse and key board or Joystick or Gamepad
Last edited by em3e3 on Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:45

Not sure what a schema is tbh but i use notepad ++ for editing xml files for star trek legacy and it can import and export most coding formats including xml etc.
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:52

xeon_1 wrote:The problem is when do they start attacking you.
I mean some people go for destroyers first chance they get others build cash and empires first and then invest.
How many of us remembers what happened when X3:R patch 1.3 was applied? Empires were crushed by that. Myself, I did not start playing until patch 1.4, where those attacks were tamed (a bit too much, IMO). Choosing "when" is difficult.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:53

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_schema

basically makes it easier to know what commands are available, etc

u know, the MD is available for X3 already, so you can already check out how it works

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:56

From the "THINK" trailer, "starting with X3: Terran conflict...introduced to the X series".

Maybe this is a way to imply that they aren't planning to end the X series?

naritius1
x3

New 'Think' trailer - looks pretty damn fine to me....

Post by naritius1 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:57

Though I realise that this will probably be in the news section at some point, I just thought everyone should know that the new 'Think' trailer is available to view. There's more than one source there so I haven't listed the sites, but just search 'terran conflict' and you'll see what I'm talking about. Whilst not quite as revealing as the 'Build' trailer, there are some pretty fantastic space stations to look at, including the inside of some sort of sphere - looks fantastic. That said, it's the line of 'the galaxy will react to your every move' that I find provocative...

On a different note, how cool is that guy's voice who does the narration, I don't know how much they'd have to pay him to be in the game proper, but I'm sure it would be worth it! Anyway, I for one can't wait for this games release so can we have the final two trailers ASAP please!!! :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:58

its already in the sticky, which is also where this post should have been ;)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:06

Bit off topic but im curious. Has egosoft worked on the codec compatibility problems as they don't seem to know how to make the game work with a variety of popular codecs. As i am a keen gamer i can say in my experience only egosoft games have this issue no other game i have has problems with audio and video codecs. And the amount of responses to various tech topics always says codec is wrong or somit sooner or later when its very much doubtful from my experience.

Even when i got support for codecs here which the team said was probably why i had issues with various things, nothing they said helped and i know computers well enough to know if i did it right. So even tho they say codecs are the issue for this and that i bet its not and use codecs responses when they dunno what to answer with. I could be wrong as some ppl may have codec issues but i never did but still had the probs and it was obvious to me it wasn't a codec issue but a game issue which never was fixed in patches if i recall.

I really hope they have learned better ways to use audio and video this time around and fixed it by using different more wide spread codecs instead of what they usually use.

Anyhow i do want to know if they have made changes to avoid the problems of past x games with X3 TC. Be nice to see a tech forum not littered with "its a codec issue" with this new game.

Sry if it sounds like im having a dig but it just annoyed me a bit the whole codec stuff for x games when no other games have ever had these issues or no other dev says its a codec issue to ppl.

So hence the post asking about X3 TC audio and video.
[ external image ]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:18

Skeeter wrote:Bit off topic but im curious. Has egosoft worked on the codec compatibility problems as they don't seem to know how to make the game work with a variety of popular codecs. As i am a keen gamer i can say in my experience only egosoft games have this issue no other game i have has problems with audio and video codecs. And the amount of responses to various tech topics always says codec is wrong or somit sooner or later when its very much doubtful from my experience.
if that is the case then either u've been very lucky or you dont play that many games. I've seen lots of games that have problems when the wrong codecs are installed. Freelancer was much worse than X3 was in that respect, lots of ppl found that thier voices didn't work correctly in game, and this was also down to a codec issue.

Besides, im sure most games dont create thier own codec libraries, but simply use DirectSound to do it for them, afterall, that is what its there for.

But, if a game uses a certain codec to play the sound files, and that codec is either replaced or broken on the computer, then how do you expect a game to be able to play it. Its the codec that tells the computer how to play the sound, and if thats not telling it the correct way, then its simply not going to work

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:27

This new trailer has completely disbanded all the thoughts I was having about how much it would actually have changed and evolved from The Reunion. The new mission interface looks (and sounds) fantastic. No more scrolling through the mile-long message log to see that one message you got from Ban Danna, copied from his monologue in the unreplayable briefing video. And the flight groups will give me a nice way to organise my ships and stuff.

Also does anyone else love the music in the original Terran Conflict trailer?

Is there a full version I can know about, or is it just that 47 second long thing made specially for the trailer?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:28

Never had a issue with freelancer. And i have played literally hundreds of games over the past 8 years on pc (before was consoles and spectrum's etc)

So i am a avid gamer and as i stated i only ever see nothing but codec this or codec that in the tech forum here. Even when i was after help for things i was told codec this and that but i assure you all it wasn't and my guess was within the game itself.

--

About TC i wonder if they have made it possible when buying lots of ships to use a name and it automatically numbers them for you so like Harrier 1, Harrier 2 etc. As i have always hated the long process of buying ships in bulk for to use as station defence wings. Also i wonder if the wing group stuff can be useful for upgrading all ships at once if there the same type which would be damn good.
Last edited by Skeeter on Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:30

Demotruk wrote:From the "THINK" trailer, "starting with X3: Terran conflict...introduced to the X series".

Maybe this is a way to imply that they aren't planning to end the X series?
I'm afraid they are.,

"Now almost 10 years after the first game was released, we are close to the release of the final chapter of this series: X3:Terran Conflict."

Looks like X will get the best sendoff of any space sim series.

I wonder what's next for Egosoft? I hope they stay with space sims, or at least a space theme.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:35

final chapter of this series
Clue is there and i think it just means the last chapter in the earth and experimental ship and kyle story. They will probably start a new story within the universe and do another 4-5 games of that.

I would actually love for them to do a new space game and see if they can make a new ip for themselves and grow so they dont just have one game type thats known by them. Hopefully in the future they will have made a string of diff games so they can prove they can do new ideas instead of reusing x forever which in all honesty is getting dull the universe imo and i bet many others who have all the x games and are craving the same style sandbox game but new story, races, space setting etc.
[ external image ]

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:44

call me a fool but i don't see this trailer anywhere :(

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:47

Last time i looked it was only in a post made by a moderator with the word "think" made in to a url to a youtube version of the trailer. And last time i looked the first post of the blog sticky topic didn't contain the link or mention of it and its not on the homepage in news section of egosoft site. So its not noticeable and only ppl who look in that blog topic would find it.

For easy finding Here it is
[ external image ]

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:48

MegaJohnny wrote: Also does anyone else love the music in the original Terran Conflict trailer?

Is there a full version I can know about, or is it just that 47 second long thing made specially for the trailer?
I also think that music is awesome, and would like to know if there is a longer version (and whether it'll be present in TC!) :D

I think it would make good combat music. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”