[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Did you find this of usefull?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 138

Balkoth68
x3tc

Post by Balkoth68 » Thu, 20. May 10, 02:55

Looks like thats got it fixed. Thanx Kor.

What made me put the goggles on them is where the guide(readme) mentions the goggles and what they do for a CAG pilot. Any other misleading things in the readme that I should watch out for?

I dont know how many others have ran into this but, it might be worth mentioning in the guide.

Either way, Thanx again. I was afraid I was gonna have to go back to an old save, considering how long it took to train that set of pilots. :D

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Thu, 20. May 10, 08:28

Nice idea... a lot cheaper than putting a trading station in each main terran sector and having 2 to 4 CAGs in OTAS Mistrals assigned to them to kickstart the economy. Took my 5 days in game to get it working.

cons:
huge investment

pros:
very safe
economy is fixed
coolness factor

Balkoth68
x3tc

quick ? bout CAGs and first complex

Post by Balkoth68 » Sat, 22. May 10, 03:53

I had a medium SPP runnin with a few trained CAGs runnin fine. Then I added 2 medium Crystal fabs to make it a small complex. Now Im having trouble with my pilots going and buying more intermediate products from other places, rather than either selling those excesses or buying more resources.

Im guessing it has something to do with them already being setup and running when I made the change to a complex. Im having trouble getting it corrected though. I have the intermediate product trading set to "sell" since I have an over production of both of those( ecells & crystals).

Right now Ive somewhat countered the problem with a combintaion of warelock and configuring the buy and sell options for each pilot individually. Im sure there has to be an actual fix for this though, that Im just overlookin.

Anyone wanna help me out on this plz ?

dbrowdy
x3tc

Re: [X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots

Post by dbrowdy » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 08:25

Kor'ah wrote:Setting up the way points:

1: Ship menu
2: Commands
3: Addtional ship commands
4: Add/remove intermediate stops
I don't have this option under additional ship commands. I'd guess this doesn't work anymore but it's still in your signature so I assume I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT - Errr, nevermind me. This is the X3:R version. Durrrr...

LemJukes
xr

Post by LemJukes » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 04:12

Sorry to necro after 13 freaking years but I cannot get past step 3...

I have the Discoverer set up with all the right equipment, i go to additional ship commands and... "None" that's all there is... No "add/remove immediate stops".

I realize im probably stupid, please help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 10:13

@ LemJukes: You have the official X3:R Bonus Package installed correctly, and have enabled the CLS and CAG elements?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 10:21

You realize this is a guide for X3: Reunion? While the steps might be similar in principle, the menus are different in X3TC/AP/FL. Here's a guide by the same author but for X3TC.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

LemJukes
xr

Post by LemJukes » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 17:46

I had totally not realized that, thank you both so very much, I was banging my head against this last night and got into a dumb rut.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”