Disadvantage of owning Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

James Manson
x3

Disadvantage of owning Avarice

Post by James Manson » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 20:50

I can't remember anyone mentioning this, so I will.

I just bought Avarice for around 850 million I think. anyway, before I bought it, I had my headquarters about 10 km from the Teladi Trading station, and I could send any new ships to buy engine tunings and cargo bay extensions there. As soon as I bought it, the Trading Station stopped having these extensions available, and I am now forced to fly my ships probably to Light of Heart to buy these. This means that there is a chance of them getting blown up by pirates on the way there.

Whats that all about?

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 21:11

I seem to remember that the Trading Station becomes your property, and the game forbids player TSs to sell extensions. I suspect this is to avoid the player saving TOO much cash simply by buying a TS. ANother way would have been to require that a player-owned TS must be "restocked" with extensions, but that would have required extra code - it's far simpler to adjust the template for player vs AI owned TSs to block sale of those goods.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 21:14

The 'Teladi Trading Station' became 'Your Trading Station' and player trading stations cannot sell extensions/upgrades. Just another perk for being the player. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 12:41

Sorry to ask stupid question but i have completely missed the trading station in avarice. The bidding is still going on in my game. So is there a teladi station there now?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 13:35

Disadvantage of owning Avarice?

Spending credits for it.

Peter Wolfe
x3

Post by Peter Wolfe » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 15:44

Here's a sort of tangential question: Is it possible to script a player owned trading station to stock software and extensions? It would be incredibly useful to be able to 'licence' software and technology for sale or personal use at your trading stations/HQ. Obviously Terracorp has licenced jumpdrive technology from the goners, so why can't we?
Difficulty: Bankrupt Assassin
Trade: Opportunist
Military: Competent
Flying - Mamba
Time: 00 02:11:51

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 15:57

Avarice is a big waste of space
maybe it could be useful if it had a few silicon roids in there... but it's empty space...

for roughly ~700M cash you can build a megacomplex producing whatever you want
amen
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 16:55

In my book, Avarice is a crossroad with great potential and unsafe neighboring sectors as well. Whoever decides to even build in there, takes on the challenge to keep the nearby sectors clean of hostile activity too. Otherwise, whatever investment placed in Avarice is doomed to fail.

In terms of sector layout, Avarice is vast and empty, which is a good thing. Plenty of space to build in, as long as you keep the route clean.

Now, to buy Avarice or not, is mainly determined by two things:
  • 1) the way you want your interests to be: stationed, or mobile

2) how strongly do you really want to put the sector "formally" under your authority
The choice is yours ;)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 17:14

I'm planning on using it as an SPP base in my game as the sectors around it are severely power starved.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 17:56

Good luck securing those SPP transports. If you intend to have ai traders to buy from you only then you must press down price. I thought about this once too but those sectors are crazy. i got a titan parked in ianamus zura on fulltime blowing up spawning pirates.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 01:01

Why dont you just 'script' create a race friendly TS in the sector, may as well give yourself this 1 freebie... you did, afterall; pay nearly a billion credits for something that dosnt really do anything for you. :cry:

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 02:00

Try using an M1 or a Mammoth (or something like it) to take the ships from your HQ to where ever you are trying to get the engine tunings or take the goods that you need to make sure the ship will be safe and sound and place them in your HQ so that they may then pass from one sector to another with a lower risk of being killed
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 02:52

How long does the auction last? I am on day 18 and it is at 600 million... I have no intention of buying an empty sector devoid of any resources, save sun light and is in a pirate- free- for- all area...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 09:04

Atkara wrote:Whoever decides to even build in there, takes on the challenge to keep the nearby sectors clean of hostile activity too.
Lovely challenge. Pirates pouring from Ianamus and Xenons from X101 make life interesting. Big empty space, like Avarice is a good testing ground. There are patrols that can stop the red stream and patrols, which are not up to the task. Whether you pay for the sector or not affects only how you feel about it. Some prefer not to pay, other love the "official ownership". Up to you.

I have HQ, TD, and 2 ED in Avarice. Might add one more TD and ED, but that is about it.

There are scripts that can add tunings and upgrades to player ED/HQ.

Try hauling 65 fighters into NPC ED for buying tunings for each. One by one, manually. Fingers hurt after that. NPC TD that can dock 65 fighters simultaneously, and sell tunings is indeed be very valuable, even if it is in the other end of the universe.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 10:20

@akula...

it was still reported to appear after 45 days - so be prepared to have the message indefinitely.

i bought the sector at day 21 - to get rid of the two annoying bbs-entries
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 12:59

The "Seven Deadly Sins" : Lust (excessive sexual appetites), Gluttony (over-indulgence), Greed (avarice), Sloth (idleness), Wrath (anger), Envy (jealousy), Pride (vanity)

Curently at 10th Game Day... waiting for the stupid auction to finish... it's spamming the BBS
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 15:05

pulzarokkit wrote:The "Seven Deadly Sins" : Lust (excessive sexual appetites), Gluttony (over-indulgence), Greed (avarice), Sloth (idleness), Wrath (anger), Envy (jealousy), Pride (vanity)

Curently at 10th Game Day... waiting for the stupid auction to finish... it's spamming the BBS
Some X3 players work hard early in the game and spend 700-1000 million Gr to buy a sector that have no use (I restart just before 2.0.02 to buy this sector).
You can call them crazy, suckers, but not greedy.
I call my self collector. Some have stamp collection i have a sector in my X3 collection :P

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 16:34

Aye. and nobody is intrested about your stamps or your x3 sectors except yourself so go for it if thats your poison. :)

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 16:41

Some X3 players work hard early in the game and spend 700-1000 million Gr to buy a sector that have no use (I restart just before 2.0.02 to buy this sector).
You can call them crazy, suckers, but not greedy.
That would be myself :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 17:21

And the Teladi call them MARKS. :P :teladi: :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”