X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

I prefer ...

default map-color-scheme
66%
alternative map-color-scheme
34%

Total votes: 607

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 1. May 13, 22:59

Er, no, because this is a Windows application and you're apparently running Linux.

Kimdino

Post by Kimdino » Sun, 5. May 13, 18:05

Sorry, didn't realise add-on was for MS-Windows systems only.

ZeroHour
x3ap

Post by ZeroHour » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 23:17

Trying to install the map for Steam X3:AP:XRM.

Downloaded the reg file, linked it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon".

Ran the reg file.

Ran the X3_map_Setup_TCE.exe.

"Can't detect X3: Terran Conflict on your computer. X3-script is not installed in the game."

Also tried linking the reg file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict", still not working.

Most likely I did something moronic, but I've no idea what.

[EDIT]:
Found my first stupid mistake, the Map was installed to some random folder in the middle of nowhere.
Moved the scripts and bonus scripts into the addon folder, however it still only loads the default map, not XRM.

JackProject

Post by JackProject » Tue, 6. Aug 13, 17:29

Instructions if it still doesn;t work, im using x3 albion prelude with the x3 mod xrm.

The program is installed in (at least for me):
C:\Program Files (x86)\X3 map by Scorp

A folder name script is there, with an other folder named t inside it. Copy the content of the folder scripts, but not the t folder, to :
E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts

Then, whats inside the folder t to:
E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\t

Then follow the instruction from the read me file, make the search thing shift F2, go to space, press shift f2, a log file will be created, it will be located in my documents\egosoft and thats that.

Worked for me like a charm.

Good luck and have fun.

Arisk
x3ap

possible bug

Post by Arisk » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 22:32

First of all is the map is one of the best tools for x3 resources and ship locations.

I had a “major” problem using both regular and bonus scripts in X3AP v3.0 after I finished hub plot both the news plots Corporation troubles and Shady Business refused to proceed missing the dialogs at the beginning , I managed to finished them after removing the scripts and went to an old save before the end of the hub plot.

buddyslack

Post by buddyslack » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 22:12

any chance we can get a link to the Andrei[<>Ace] script we need. I did have it working for TC but just starting AP after a long break and don't have any of my scripts any more

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 15:59

buddyslack wrote:any chance we can get a link to the Andrei[<>Ace] script we need. I did have it working for TC but just starting AP after a long break and don't have any of my scripts any more
Which script exactly you are in need of? The one included with the official package worked for me in both TC and AP without modifications.

Download page: http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

buddyslack

Post by buddyslack » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 20:49

ah, forgot the scripts were in with the map installer, I still had the map installed from a while back so they weren't running on my fresh AP install

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 07:56

Hello, I'm having the same problem as the guy on the previous page. I go to the script editor to assign a hotkey, but the option «Activate search of objects» is not there to assign a hotkey.

I go to the script editor to find the scripts and run them manually and they are not listed in the editor. I have many modded scripts in my game that are listed and work fine, but I can not see these ones anywhere... not a single one is listed. I manually copied them to addon\scripts. Same with the t files.

I saw mention of running/installing as administrator. I tried this and it has had no effect. Does anyone know what could cause a script not to show up in the script editor at all? If desired I can upload a copy of my scripts folder and script editor at the same time to illustrate the discrepancy, but I'm hoping this is just something simple.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was something simple (got wrong version). Please disregard.

To AP users, use Notepad or Wordpad to edit the .reg file and point it at your Terran Conflict directory (then close and double click it/accept). It doesn't need your addon directory.

Also, get the 1.2.3.9 version that says (Terran Conflict) even if you're playing AP.

1.2.3.8 is for Reunion.

Lastly, after using your hotkey in game and then importing your log into this map program, point it at the log00001.txt in your Documents\Egosoft\X3AP folder (NOT the one in the map program's installation directory).

Hermisky
x3ap

Post by Hermisky » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 17:56

Thanks for the tip!

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Mon, 5. May 14, 17:13

So, I was wondering (I know, I've been told to stop doing that) if it were possible to design this app for use on an Android tablet then point it to the log file on my computer. My tablet can access any folder on my computer so it would be easy to open if this app were redesigned for tablets. If possible, that would be cool and useful because I wouldn't have to exit the game to look at the map. I could just stay in game and look at the map on my tablet. Now, how cool is that?!
-NavyAICS
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

Zero Tolerance
xr

Post by Zero Tolerance » Mon, 5. May 14, 21:55

That's why I have an old laptop connected to a rather large monitor and use the map that way.

Works brilliantly.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For thou art crunchy an taste good with ketchup.
Notice: My website is not always up and running - mostly during the day, but not always - will change soon.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 6. May 14, 21:49

I invested in a second monitor.

Just don't know how I managed all those years with just one.

rbibber

Post by rbibber » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 00:07

How do I get the map to run on a second monitor? I have X3 on my main monitor and want the X3Map on a secondary one but it will only run maximized on the primary monitor. Really stinks having to Alt+TAB every time I need to reference the map!

I tried the "2nd" button on the options screen but it didn't do anything.

Also the script that exports the data seems to get some details wrong. I wrote a program to parse the file for the trading data in hopes to make finding profitable trades easier but the prices are not matching up with actual in-game data.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 16:28

all I do is have the start icon short-cut on the second monitor and run it...But it is a long time since I have played X now.

I don't pair it with a running game though,so maybe that might make a difference.

prices are dynamic, so it could be that the prices you get in the actual game has changed before scorp's map has placed them?
If you run scorp's as a separate entity to the game, I doubt you will have the correct prices any ways, since they are always changing in game with supply and demand

rbibber

Post by rbibber » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 16:41

Figured out the monitor issue. The "2nd" button in options tells the game to start on the secondary monitor, not the X3Map application. I can't find any way to get X3Map to start on secondary monitor. I had to change which monitor was primary to get them on the correct screens.

I know about the dynamic prices. Been playing X3 since 2010. I installed the script that is supposed to export the map data and use that exported data for the Map.

Zero Tolerance
xr

Post by Zero Tolerance » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 21:17

The 2nd option normally moves the map to the secondary monitor.

This monitor Windows designates as "2" under "Screen Resolution"
Try the map without X running and see what happens.

Also, do you have 2 separate desktops - or 1 combined large desktop - this could also cause problems. (ATI calls this Eyefinity)

Did you assign a hotkey for the script and point the map to the correct location? That's the only way to get correct prices.

For more information read the readme.doc wich comes with the script.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For thou art crunchy an taste good with ketchup.
Notice: My website is not always up and running - mostly during the day, but not always - will change soon.

rbibber

Post by rbibber » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 22:16

For me the "2nd" button causes the game to start on 2nd monitor. X3Map always starts on primary (1st) monitor whether X3 is running or not.

I am using Win 10, Extended desktop in windows display settings.

Yes, assigned Shift+F5 and the map points to the correct file.

Read the readme file several times. I started all this a few years ago and dropped it because of all the difficulties. I was trying to use the map data to build a trading app but since the I couldn't trust the data I dropped the project. Now I am trying to build a "glass cockpit" that runs on a connected touchscreen and looking for ways to provide it with data.

TBH - I might just abandon X3 altogether once I get my new rig built this weekend and can finally get into Elite: Dangerous

dragonlord23
x3tc

Post by dragonlord23 » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 15:13

Im having trouble installing this and get following error:

"Can't detect X3: Reunion on your computer. X3-script is not installed in the game."

I know the reg file is supposed to fix this but it doesn't work for me.

ORIGINAL reg file:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Egosoft\X3TC]
"INSTALL_DIR"="D:\\Games\\X3 Terran Conflict"

changed it to this:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Egosoft\X3TC]
"INSTALL_DIR"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\X3 Terran Conflict"

any suggestions welcome

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 16:29

@ dragonlord23: If you are getting a message about X3:Reunion then are you using the 1.2.3.8 X3:R version instead of the 1.2.3.9 X3:TC version referred to in the opening post here? Just in case.

I don't know if it makes any difference but the Steam version X3:TC game folder has no capitals in its name.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”