X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

I prefer ...

default map-color-scheme
66%
alternative map-color-scheme
34%

Total votes: 607

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 09:00

Having some difficulty getting the application to load / load my logfile...

X3AP3.2+XRM+TCAP, GNU/Linux.

I can start the application (both in wine and in a Windoze 7 VM) and see the default map, but when I try to load my logfile I get a dialog box with a red cross icon, no text and an "OK" button.
Pressing the button gives me a map with a single sector (Kingdoms End) in the upper right corner and nothing else.
Something wrong with the logfile? It's somewhere around 950Kb and appears to contain valid data, at least as far as I can see. I'm searching in it to find stuff since can't get the map working.

I had thought perhaps this is a dos/unix line ending thing, so I attempted to run it through the 'unix2dos' script. This complains of binary characters in the file, and indeed, I see non-ascii characters in some of the ship names.
Dunno if that's a thing that's supposed to be there, I guess I could write a script to remove them...

On the whole though, this app seems incredibly flaky - there's the blank dialog, then there's the "not enough timers" (which appears to be fixed with a reinstall) and now if I try to load the log for a second time without closing it I get a stack overflow... :?
What gives? Any Idea why the script is generating a lg the application can't read? And why no error output?

Iñakifp
x4

Re: X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition !

Post by Iñakifp » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 15:24

Anyone making this map work with Xtended TC 2.2?

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 02:29

Iñakifp wrote:
Mon, 3. Feb 20, 15:24
Anyone making this map work with Xtended TC 2.2?
It should already.

It comes with a script that you can run from a hotkey (once you've defined the hotkey) that exports all the relevant map data to "log0001.txt" (IIRC) in your X3TC folder under My Games, which you can load into the map program for a "Custom Map".

I believe it's original intended use was to let you generate maps later in the game when stations have been added & removed, or you've started connecting The Xenon Hub, but it should also work for modded maps.

Iñakifp
x4

Post by Iñakifp » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 22:19

Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately I get errors when trying to open my log file. I used this map with x3 reunion/Xtended mod and x3tc/xtended mod 1.2. But I updated the mod to its last version 2.2 and it doesn't work.
It seems in version 2.0 of the mod a file must be modified. But the server hosting the file is not online anymore :(
The file is this one: 7211-L044.xml

Anyone has it?

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 03:10

Want the best maps with the best map generator/editor ever and the best mod ever?

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=449012

enjoy
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Dunai

Getting scorp map to actually work

Post by Dunai » Sun, 25. Dec 22, 21:08

Hi, I'm playing X3TC and wanted to install a script from scorp, which shows you detailed map of your universe. Can't get it to work whatsoever, so this is a question to those, who might've played with this script or just generally could help me out.
So, script comes with its own exe installer, but it can't find the location of my game, despite me adding entry to regedit as stated on scorp's website.
Then, manually adding files to /script and /t folders in x3tc root doesn't do anything as well, as in script doesn't show up in extensions menu in settings while in-game.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Getting scorp map to actually work

Post by N8M4R3 » Fri, 30. Dec 22, 23:47

Dunai wrote:
Sun, 25. Dec 22, 21:08
... script doesn't show up in extensions menu in settings while in-game.
Does the script set your game to modified after loading?
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”