The Ultimate X resource and guides list - last updated 28/02/2014

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 20:46

Both added.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 9. Sep 11, 11:48

My website is moving back to its old host after having a lot of trouble with the current host, in the process we are switching to different software. That means the links to my guides will break over the weekend.

I'll pm replacement links to the moderators once the guides are back up.

And yes, I'll make sure they can be cut and pasted Graph :)
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 01:24

Trading
[X3] X3R Trading Networks by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Complete Guides
[X3] X3R Strategy Guide by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Plot
[X3] X3R Reunion Plot Guide by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Complete Guides
[X3] X3R: Reunion: New Players Guide by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Trading
[X3] X3R Economy Guide by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Combat
[X3] X3R Combat: The Right Role by Giskard (14/09/2011)

Complete Guides
[X3] X3R Choices by Giskard (14/09/2011)
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Domiel

Equipping turrest

Post by Domiel » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 15:49

Can anyone tell me or direct to a guide on how to equip weapons on turrets...? I cant seem to figure it out :oops:

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 16:06

Hit weapon selection key - I believe G is default (guns) - there you click on turret and select available weapon, if you have it. Further more in ship command menu (c or shift+c, other ship or yours ship) select turret behavior, number of options there will depend on fight command software present.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 16:22

Assuming you're playing X3:TC and your ship has turrets at all: it's actually the same way you equip your front weapons. You open the ships weapons menu (standard key is 'g'), scroll to the turret and its bay you like to equip and press 'Enter'. If you have weapons in your cargo room that can be installed in that bay (and no weapon is installed) the first entry in the opening context menu should be "Install laser...". Pressing 'Enter' or '->' opens a list of weapons that can be installed in that turret bay. Selecting a weapon using the arrow keys and pressing Enter again will install it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 17:39

Ahh im so stupid......Should have realised that, but thanks!

1 more question tho:
If a ship has weapons in the cargo bay they seem to be installed automatically to the weapon bays. Is this true for turrets also?

Edit:
Also what are the rules for Ships on standby in space/at stations in connection with getting destroyed/booted from the station by the hosting Kingdom?
Just captured a pirate ship and as it was on hold next to me with no orders a boron military ship just shut it down, even after i claimed it:(

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 11:01

Updated.

Domiel you are better off posting a thread in the main forum to get questions answered than in here.
Graphil

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 02:40

Thanks Graph :)

I had some problems with my host provider, like they could not keep my website open because their servers could not handle the load of a mildly busy players website.

So I had to move to a better host and switched software in the process, hence the broken links.

alison22000
x3tc

Just wanted to ask if my guide will be made a sticky, or listed in guides list?

Post by alison22000 » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 02:57

I made a controls listings guide for X - Beyond the Frontier in March 2010.

I made the controls guide in order to help many players find and learn all the controls a lot easier, because in game during the tutorial, the game has a lot going on and many players miss key controls told to them, because they are focusing on an attack or something else.

In this Guides list there are absolutely no Guides or anything in reference to X- Beyond the Frontier PC game, so it makes me wonder, since I did make a very easy to understand and direct guide, makes me wonder why the guide has not even been considered as a guide in the list here, and I sincerely believe, that if my guide was listed in this guides list, then it will help a lot more players, and not to mention that it will also help the players locate the guide quicker, if listed in this guides page.

If you wish to contact me for any reason, please do so, with my registered email address. But I do ask that you please give my Guide another look over to consider the Guide to be listed here as I feel my guide has been missed and do believe the guide should reside in this list until a better one is created by myself or another player.

My guide can be found at this link

Thank you for hearing my request :)

Yours Sincerely

Alison Black
(alison22000)

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 09:49

Added.

A guide can only be added if we are aware of it. We don't go hunting around all the internet to find them.
Graphil

Canning_s
x3tc

Post by Canning_s » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 05:51

A question: Are there any AP guides released yet?

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:21

Canning_s wrote:A question: Are there any AP guides released yet?
games only been out since yesterday... people are still enjoying the game rather than writing guides and walkthroughs...

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 04:03

Spike's Walkthroughs for AP are going to come in a few days; they'll be tached onto the end of the existing core post (see sig) so no changes will be necessary in this resource thread. Just keep an eye on the X-Universe forums (or my sig link).

I've only just started playing a few hours ago, building up so that I can begin the plot.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 16:48

You might want to separate them out since people will likely look for them separately.
Graphil

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 19:51

Updated
Graphil

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 20:57

X3AP Universe map (PNG, ~580kb)

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 00:25

I've decided to add the AP walkthroughs to my original thread for TC. As such, that link to Spike's Walkthroughs is now covering both TC and AP.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 17:16

V2200 wrote:X3AP Universe map (PNG, ~580kb)
that map appears to show crate locations, but I was under the impression that the crates were randomised at game start. or am I wrong about that?

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 07:45

Wrote a quick guide on the new stock exchange:

http://x3ap.com/2011/12/19/how-to-use-t ... -exchange/

Thanks if you decide to add me to your list! I noticed the X3AP guides were a little rare.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”