HQ Construction chart

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 00:47

Good idea. When my Starburst is ready I'll post the resources amounts. :)
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 03:19

Achatos wrote:Good idea. When my Starburst is ready I'll post the resources amounts. :)
No need - if you read a bit further down the first page, you'll see that Dave Toome (exogenesis) started writing an excel spreadsheet to calc resource amounts for any ship. Download is on page 2.

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Thu, 20. Dec 07, 20:55

does anybody else think that the microchips requirements are ridiculous? there probably aren't as many microchips available for purchase in the entire universe as required for a single hyperion (380 or so).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 20. Dec 07, 21:51

The requirements for Microchips have already been halved since 2.0.1, and if you're having difficulty finding some, build your own--a chip plant is hardly an expensive investment!

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Thu, 20. Dec 07, 22:06

pjknibbs wrote:The requirements for Microchips have already been halved since 2.0.1, and if you're having difficulty finding some, build your own--a chip plant is hardly an expensive investment!
i actually have 2 chip plants because that was the only way i could get enough microchips for my hyperion by the time it was reverse engineered (i had 15 hours left). in my game (2.0.0.2, only started playing after install latest patch and bp) i need to provide as many microchips as computer components and quantum tubes. a chip plant produces 0.1(6) microchips per minute, while a quantum tube fab produces 0.6 quantum tubes per minute and a computer plant produces a whooping 1.25 computer components per minute, so microchips are about 8 times harder to come by than computer components, as well as being 10 times as expensive.

tantanoid

Post by tantanoid » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 04:20

I'm going to make a sheet with HQ production costs fof XTM ships. Can I use this sheet as a base?
Last edited by tantanoid on Wed, 2. Apr 08, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 05:12

kotekzot wrote:does anybody else think that the microchips requirements are ridiculous? there probably aren't as many microchips available for purchase in the entire universe as required for a single hyperion (380 or so).
Tip: You only need 2 Microchip fabs.

If you own these fabs, you only need 1 ship with CLS MK1 to carry the Chips to the HQ.

If you need to buy the Chips from NPC fabs, use a TS ship with CLS MK2: doc at the fab, add intermediate waypoint "0, fab, fab, chip, 0, 1", start external commodity logistics. Then the ship will buy all chips produced until the average price.

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 05:15

thanks, but i already built a complex to supply my hq with materials, shields and weapons for the new ships :)

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 21:36

tantanoid wrote:I'm going to make a sheet with HQ production costs fof XTM ships. Can I use this sheet as a base?
Can't see any reason why not, good idea, not sure why that hasn't already been done.

It's a bit of a manual chore though, having to type in the NPC RelVals into column G,
also the value in column E could be replaced with a conditional switch:
i.e M1/M2/TL = 25000, M3/M3+ = 16666, M4 = 12500, M5 = 10000, TS/TP = 5000.

Plus if you're going to do columns AA to AG (profit / saving) accuratley, you'll need to get the actual
ship selling price at a shipyard in the game for column AA, and work out any 'built-in items'

good luck

DT

tantanoid

Post by tantanoid » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 09:39

Yeah, I already studied it a little and it appears to be much typing ahead of me. To minimize that I would like to put as many formulas as I can, for starters I tried to figure out how the buying price can be calculated.
For most of the ships it is INT(NPCRelVal*80.721263) plus the preinstalled equipment and the shield, though there's a variance of a couple of credits, probably rounding errors.
The trickiest part is the selling price. Seams that even if you sell a ship in a different race shipyard you don't get always the same price (for instance compare Mammoth and Orca in split and paranid SY at rank 4). What I did was to calculate the selling price for the same race as the ship (since this is also the most useful one). Early tests indicate that the formula is the same for all the ships of a race (with the usual exceptions of Collossus, Titan and Phoenix). Of course the coefficients vary between races.
I will try this new formula for different ships, races and ranks when I get some more free time and report my findings.

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 16:35

i have two questions. 1. how can you build ships? is it from the Xenon hub mission? 2. were did you get the shuttle from? ok so maby three questions.

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 17:11

You get the HQ from the mission after the xenon hub, and you get the shuttle from a different mission, but you cant reverse engineer it without mods.

Just please dont necro old threads :skull:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”