NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Sun, 2. Sep 07, 12:58

Spoiler
Show
Bit of a silly question but the "Place an Adv. Sat in Xenon Sector" mission I went in there and eyes went wide from the massive number of Xenons in there including capital ships. I noticed some hapless NPC trader had wandered in there too, which promptly got blown to bits which got me wondering; would there be any reason for my UT's to go into this sector or through it? I have an explorer ship exploring the sectors to the north...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Sep 07, 17:19

Generally your UTs wouldn't go into such a sector unless they were (a) below level 12 and thus not using their jumpdrives or (b) they ran into problems trading in, say, Scale Plate Green, and jumped to escape to Eighteen Billion--they always fly through normal jumpgates back to their original sector when they do this, and guess which sector is right inbetween those two?

jfkefferson
x3

Post by jfkefferson » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 12:55

but dont your traders not venture into enemy sectors no matter what?
ie set Argon to enemies in their comands and they wont go there
or are UTs really that stupid????

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 14:26

jfkefferson wrote:or are UTs really that stupid????
Yes, they are.

Various scripts can make them less stupid though.

marte05
x4

Post by marte05 » Mon, 17. Sep 07, 15:34

I was wondring, can enyone tell me what are the conditions for the Bala Gi Research Missions to kick in? thanks a lot, sorry for the disturbance :D

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 17. Sep 07, 17:33

Hi Marte05,

From the FAQ:-

"To be able to start the Bala Gi missions, these conditions must be met:

You need to have played at least 10 game hours.

You need to have a good reputation with the Boron and must not be an enemy of the Split or Paranid.

You need to own at least one station.

You need at least 5 million Credits.

Note that once you meet the above criteria, the missions will trigger the next time you dock or change sectors. "

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Levoc
x3

Post by Levoc » Tue, 18. Sep 07, 23:40

I seem to be having a problem with even getting the first mission to start. I've met the requirements and I have the reputation with the needed races. I've been told to go to the shipyard in Kingdom End. So I arrive and dock. And its like a bad date that bailed. Nothing happens. Is the mission broken / bugged or am I doing something wrong?

RichieNL

Post by RichieNL » Tue, 18. Sep 07, 23:58

Did you check your personal messages? The first time I got the Bala Gi missions, I thought I would get a story line like the plot, but Bala Gi uses messages.

Levoc
x3

Post by Levoc » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 00:46

Nothing in my messages either after visiting the shipyard. So I'm miffed.

vuohi
x4

Post by vuohi » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 01:20

Quick question: (well 2 actually)
Spoiler
Show
it seems i am having trouble finding stuff in the clouds. I posted a question about one of the main story line missions (the one with the pirate who jumped around and ended up in The Hole) and I flew around for what seemed like an eternity (prolly 10 minutes) and could not find him. Now it seems I am having the same problem with the unknown sectors behind maelstrom. I went for quite some time trying to find the gate for the first unknown sector before finally breaking down and looking for a hint guide. Problem is the hint guide does not mention where the gate is for the second unknown sector is. I have flown around for quite some time and can not find the gate.

a) Is there some setting i can adjust to make things easier to see in the clouds?

b) does anyone know the coordinates of the south gate in the first unkown sector?
Thanks!

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 01:38

vuohi wrote:I went for quite some time trying to find the gate for the first unknown sector before finally breaking down and looking for a hint guide. Problem is the hint guide does not mention where the gate is for the second unknown sector is. I have flown around for quite some time and can not find the gate.
try using your 'jump and fly to position' command (think thats what its called?) when your given the sector to jump to, move the crosshairs to roughly where you think the gate is (for the second sector its a south gate). then hit enter and wait till you jump, you should jump in thru the south gate!

vuohi
x4

Post by vuohi » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 01:49

Spoiler
Show

put an Adv Sat at 0,0,0 and did a move to position due south -225km (the furtherest south the command would let me go) ... flew for quite a while and it stopped at the postion with nothing. I have flown from the left to right edge of the map couple of times along the southern border. i have a triplex scanner so I should see it if it was close.

Oh well, I'll keep looking.

vuohi
x4

Post by vuohi » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 01:54

okay found it...

shoulda looked there earlier. :oops:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 02:28

Be advised, using that South Gate may be a BIT hazardous. :twisted:

Just call it a dev's little 'supprise' for the unwary. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 18:26

Is an M3 good enough to start the Bala Gi research missions?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 19:28

You can start it in a TP, if you want. Just at some point you'll need to 'tow' something.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Pitchblack01

Post by Pitchblack01 » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 05:35

currently i have been paying x3 for almost 2 weeks, and i have about 12 ships running around trading for me and a single m4 ship as my current ship equiped with some missles and 6 impulse ray emitters (is that correct?) I also own a m3 fighter but i cant find weapons for it, but what i want to know is do i have enough to survive and get the Hq?

Also after playing for a few hours my game slows and loading sectors and fighting starts to lag.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 09:55

Pitchblack01 wrote:currently i have been paying x3 for almost 2 weeks, and i have about 12 ships running around trading for me and a single m4 ship as my current ship equiped with some missles and 6 impulse ray emitters (is that correct?) I also own a m3 fighter but i cant find weapons for it, but what i want to know is do i have enough to survive and get the Hq?

Also after playing for a few hours my game slows and loading sectors and fighting starts to lag.
You would want more then just m3 fighter at least.

Criminal_Colt
x2

Post by Criminal_Colt » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 14:02

BlackRazor wrote:Also notice that if you have problem with the new missions there's a walkthrough to help you :D
Thanks, best post so far.

Please be advised the walkthrough has moved to here.

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Mon, 14. Jan 08, 22:57

I really need some help with this quest. I have the M7 yacht and have been told to bring the blueprints to the Kingdom End Shipyard. First of all I went in the Nemesis I had been using but had no message on docking with the shipyard. I then thought it wanted you to fly the yaucht itself there as I then did but still nothing, no messages on the bbs just zilch. I hope there isnt a gamestopping bug as I gave up for a while and just whizzed around in the yaucht blowing up pirates in the Cyclones Fury area and have prob overwritten any saves prior to me towing the yacht back to Grand Exchange. Can anyone please help?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”