Bala Gi Research Missions
The famous Boron scientist Bala Gi needs your help, and has some spectacular rewards available if you successfully complete the exciting missions that he offers.
- Own the new Player Headquarters, a unique new station which is the biggest single-station construction in the X Universe.
- Get hold of the exclusive (and unique) M7 class prototype battleship, once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself.
- Deliver the blueprints for a whole new class of ships, the M3+, and even get the chance to build them yourself.
- The Bala Gi Research Missions can be undertaken before, during or after the main plot, and even in non-plot games.
The Player Headquarters is a vast station equipped with an array of docking facilities, and a range of unique features to help you manage your trade empire or battle fleet.
- Gather resources and build your own ships from blueprints rather than having to buy them at shipyards.
- If you don't have blueprints then you can always create them by reverse engineering any ship that you own.
- Ships damaged during battle? Send them back to base and repair them yourself.
- Pimp my ship! Respray just about any ship you own for a unique look, or give your squads matching colour schemes.
The new features of the Player Headquarters are described in more detail in our FAQ section.
The update introduces a range of new ships. Some of these are available immediately, but others will only be found once you have completed the Bala Gi Research Missions.
- Get hold of the unique M7 class prototype battleship. This ship is lean and mean and can dock two fighter ships.
- The new M3+ class ships can be a real challenge if you meet them in combat, but of course you also have the chance to own these yourself.
The update also includes a whole raft of other new features and enhancements.
- Two new sectors, "Senator’s Badlands" (Yaki) and "Elysium of Light" (Goner) for you to explore.
- A new weapon, the "Concussion Impulse Generator", with a unique new effect on ships that are hit with it.
- Several new BBS missions to add a bit more variety. Keep your eyes open at Pirate stations especially.
- A Self-Destruct option, available on board all your ships and stations. You only have a few seconds to evacuate once it is initiated!
- A new "Software Signature Scrambler" to hide your "System Override Software" from police scans.
- Improved Tractor Beam functionality allowing you to pull more different objects, even through gates.
- A better chance to win the sector auction for "Avarice", available even if you missed out the first time around.
Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.
Select your download method: either http or a BitTorrent client (Guidance for using this can be found in this FAQ).
The update is available as cumulative patch (compatible with every version of X3) as well as a smaller update for X3 versions 1.4.03 (or later)
You can find all download options on our Download page.
Note for Steam users: You should receive the update via Steam automatically. It is recommended to let Steam update your game instead of downloading the update manually.