Gameplay Bugs and Issues List Tech Support Summission Discussion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 15:20

12. I still haven't been able to make an mine that's too big to tow, then again it REALLY wouldn't hurt to increase the range.

14. (homebase removal) is fixed by bonus pack if you havent noticed, though it's hidden in Additional ship commands menu.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 15:25

Geggo wrote: 14. (homebase removal) is fixed by bonus pack if you havent noticed, though it's hidden in Additional ship commands menu.
Thanks, as I havent installed it yet, I hadnt noticed.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 18:41

Please Add

1. Missile engine glow

to the list of things to fix.

Problem: When shooting missiles there is no engine glow or trail (that glows). This makes it extremely difficult to see the missiles. I personally find this a game stopper in combat situations. I have died so many times from running into my own missiles or having them shot when they are next to my ship because I can't see where the stinking things are.

There is a trail of smoke that follows behind them but you can't see it in dark sectors.

If this would be fixed so you can actually see where the stinkin things are after fire'n them I'd go back to using them.

Thanks
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 05:37

lazerath wrote:1. Missile engine glow
This would also be considered a change for devnet I think.

Personally I would like to see the missiles shown in a different colour on the radar display, so you can easily pick them out.

Its one of the reasons I go for heavy shielding and turrents, being unable to pick up missiles to shoot them myself.

As for the being blown up by your own missiles thing, thats a recent feature thats been added, so I doubt they will modify it. You just ahve to be more careful about when you fire your own missiles, which missile you choose etc.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 06:51

apricotslice wrote: As for the being blown up by your own missiles thing, thats a recent feature thats been added, so I doubt they will modify it. You just ahve to be more careful about when you fire your own missiles, which missile you choose etc.
Well I had an interesting experiment yesterday... I fired 5 or so Hammerheads at an asteroid from my Dragon while stationary, I shot down my own Hammerheads while they were at different ranges from my ship (0-1km) and none of them blew me up or even damaged my shields.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 07:17

The Tech Support Submission has now been made.

Can further discussion of issues please be moved to here :

http://www.circleofatlantis.com/X3forum ... c.php?t=40

This thread will likely now be locked to avoid it getting seriously off the plot. Its main purpose is complete.

If anyone does come up with any future bugs, let me know at the above thread on my forum, and I'll add them to the Tech support submission if appropriate. The thread above is where I can maintain it so that if it gets off the plot, I can do something about it to maintain its integrity and its longevity.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 10:03

Locked at the original poster's request.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”