NEWS: X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.04 [updated-13-10-06]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 9. Sep 06, 00:59

is thier a planed version to be in spanish? (text and voices)...my friend who is hispanic loves the game but is a bit dissappointed that its not able to be set in spanish...but other then that nice work and i hope more stuff is added to it :)...and i also wish thier could be a patch that removed that starforce thing...really annoying since i dont wanna take my cd every ware and risk looseing it on the plane or worse...i just like runnin it off my hd where i know its all safe...any possibility that somthin could be done about starforce?? (yes its really pointless to have)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 9. Sep 06, 01:27

any possibility that somthin could be done about starforce?? (yes its really pointless to have)
Try reading the other announcement thread :roll:
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 9. Sep 06, 05:15

ok...link to it...*goes to find post on starforce*...

Holeoe
x4

Post by Holeoe » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 03:33

The Dockware Manager is linked wrong it goes to the german forum

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 04:22

i ment link to other announcement that pertained to starforce (as ESD said i should go read...i was asking for that link so i could just read that post)...:P

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 04:32

Addy_Billi wrote:The Dockware Manager is linked wrong it goes to the german forum
fixed.

thank you for pointing it out.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 04:37

u still want me to read that link...cus if so then please post or pm me the link to the proper thing i should read reguarding the starforce comment i made...thanks...

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 04:45

:roll:

it's the post directly below, (or maybe directly above this one); marked: you can't miss it.

actually, you've posted in it already :roll:

SMANGUS
x3

Post by SMANGUS » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 13:44

Hi

Having trouble installing the latest bonus pack, the 1st on and update set up fine no problems, when i try to auto install on the latest it looks at the file path and gives a message saying thet there is no installation of x3 present. Have checked and it is the correct file path and the game runs ok. As i said the 1st 2 bonus packs installed no probs , any ideas?

Thanks.

Ps had to use the SF update thing but had no probs with it since then

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 16:48

you're pointing it to a directory that doesn't contain X3. The first BP didn't complain about this problem but the latest does.

you should be installing to something like C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 REUNION\. if that's where X3 is installed you shouldn't have a problem.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 13:59

Anyone else using Commercial Agent extensivly please check the CA thread.....

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=45

Encountered a problem that needs verifying.

Gunslinger_000

Station manager dropping ships?

Post by Gunslinger_000 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 03:15

The station manager software (in the bonus pack) is great! Makes the running of stations and hubs much simpler and increases efficiency.

However, I have quite a few stations and hubs (some 650 factories), and I have noticed that sometimes the station manager stops using ("drops") ships assigned to the station. Like there are 2 ships assigned to an ore mine, and it stops using and drops one of them. Or just parks it somewhere. To make it start using them again, I have to "add" them to the station manager again.

Now, this would be fine if the station manager noted that one or more ships were unecessary, and decided to drop them. I think I have a tendency to assign too many ships to stations and hubs - I want them up and running fast, so this would actally be very helpful. And, indeed, sometimes I think this is the case.

However, sometimes I've also seen it drop "essential" ships - eg fast traders that were the only ones with range long enough (# of jumps) to reach buyers. Or simply dropped traders and gotten into a shortage situation shortly afterwards.

Ok, so my question is - is this a bug or intentional?

Also, there is a problem where I have to manually restart everything every time I add something to a station/hub running the software manager. Ships seem to be ordered to return to their home station, and when they get there, they just sit around, even when they have been assigned to station management.

Is this a bug?

Sincerely

Gunslinger

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 06:11

Defeine 'Drops'.

Do they stop being assigned to the station? Or just lose command?

If they've lost command, open the Trade menu for the ship and see if a NEW command has shown up. If it has, use it and the ship will resume.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Gunslinger_000

Dropped traders

Post by Gunslinger_000 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 22:25

Two tyoes of dropping: One is where they just sit somewhere, but are still under management by the trade management. When asked for status, it turn out they need a manual command. Why this occurs, I don't know.

The second case is where the traders remain traders with the station as home base, but are no longer under the management of the station manager.

Gunslinger

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 22:35

you`re better off asking this sort of thing in the Station Manager Thread (see first post for link) The author of the script might see it there and be able to help.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 18:17

go on then whats been updated in this version then??? 3.01.03

By the way, i cant get the download link to work, it gives 404 page not found error!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 18:54

apogee wrote:go on then whats been updated in this version then??? 3.01.03
See the thread in S&M forum. They probably fixed couple major bugs, but I hope 04 is already planned.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 19:17

jlehtone wrote:
apogee wrote:go on then whats been updated in this version then??? 3.01.03
See the thread in S&M forum. They probably fixed couple major bugs, but I hope 04 is already planned.
indeed, see the link in first post that says something about more information... for the change log.

@jlehtone so what are you hoping for from .04?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 20:16

Ah, I had just mailed a savegame to Lucike for potential error in CLS when I spotted this .03 announcement. In fact I was surprised to see out .03 so soon, since you (the signing team) apparently are still working hard on some teething problems. So I got the feeling that the latest versions from Lucike may not be in the pack. I have to look at the package.

But looking at the list of changes, they are major fixes and deserved to get out ASAP. Thank you! :thumb_up:

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 21:03

That batch of fixes doesn't atleast address the Commercial Agent bug.....

the one that makes Com agent ignore all other things and just keep on selling few pieces of rastar oil to 2 of the nearby 4 trading stations that stock it. (which it should NOT do, but anyway this I let lucike know week or so back in german forum after I noticed that nobody reads the english one....)

I'm guessing it would affect all items being sold to trading stations....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”