Argon colossus - Ultimate Weapon Loadout

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

evilnorris
x3

Argon colossus - Ultimate Weapon Loadout

Post by evilnorris » Mon, 22. May 06, 13:01

Hiya Chaps,

Although i've been reading these forums a little while now (great stuff by the way) this is my first post. And the subject tells it all. :-)

What would be "The Ultimate Weapon Loadout" for the Argon Colossus?
Now i've got 30 Nova Raiders as Wingmen for the ship, and i do love to fly round in the M1, dealing out Argon Justice (blowing stuff up) with the fighters, but i find when the Colossus is fending for itself against those pesky fighters and odd M1/M2 crazy enough to attack it, It or me is pretty useless.

So basicly i'm after a perfect loadout so i can deal with those attacking fighters while still retaining the ability to duke it out with the bigger M1's and M2's.

Now, i am stupid so the more detail the better. :-) As in what goes where (Top, Left etc.)

Thanks guys.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. May 06, 13:16

No "ultimate" nor "perfect". AFAA and BPAC are probably the best you can carry for anti-fighter role.

Carrier is not a front-line combat ship. It is supposed to "carry" fighters. And Colossus can carry 60 ships. That is its main weapon. Very potent anti-fighter weapon, and powerful against capital ships too.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 22. May 06, 13:25

My Gunnery Crews change weapons to battle it's foes... Although I went for the Zeus...

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 22. May 06, 13:56

jlehtone wrote: AFAA and BPAC are probably the best you can carry for anti-fighter role.
And like jlehtones already stated the best anti fighter weapon is the fighters you carry with the ship, i have PPCs loaded on mine to attack anything thats dangerous enough to damage it as PPCs can hit those (m1/2/6s)

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 22. May 06, 13:59

Bare in mind that there are different loadout for when YOU are in system (IS) versus Out Of System (OOS)... OOS you want BPPC's everywhere (I don't recall it being able to take GPPC's) If you can't Fit BPPC's then use APPC's if you can't use A's then use BHEPT's. In system put BFLAC and AFAC everywhere. Once you have reduced the fighters swap out the front turret with BPPC's and tear up the Priate base or Enemy cap ship...

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 22. May 06, 14:10

Black Gryphon wrote:Once you have reduced the fighters swap out the front turret with BPPC's and tear up the Priate base or Enemy cap ship...
Thats bad tatics though, if there is an enemy cap ship around that should be your first target, fighters can do damge but will do it slowly, an enemy cap ship can wipe your shields down in no time, prioritise your targets first then attack.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 22. May 06, 14:34

bladeuk wrote:
Black Gryphon wrote:Once you have reduced the fighters swap out the front turret with BPPC's and tear up the Priate base or Enemy cap ship...
Thats bad tatics though, if there is an enemy cap ship around that should be your first target, fighters can do damge but will do it slowly, an enemy cap ship can wipe your shields down in no time, prioritise your targets first then attack.
Remember you are fighting in a carrier NOT a destroyer. Going against a cap ship with the fighters still picking at your hull will get you killed.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 22. May 06, 17:19

Black Gryphon wrote:
bladeuk wrote:
Remember you are fighting in a carrier NOT a destroyer. Going against a cap ship with the fighters still picking at your hull will get you killed.
You said enemy cap ship which can also be a destoyer, was a misunderstanding

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 22. May 06, 20:16

Cap ships.. fighters.. hmm...

Since Carriers are much faster than destroyers I think I would use the speed to avoid the destroyers and take out the fighters first. Using AFLAKS since the carrier can indeed mount them for the fighters and then switch to GPPC's to finish of the cap ship.

Blade was generally right, you should prioritize your targets, but use your entire battlefield available. If you can seperate the enemy, then take him out a piece at a time, do it.

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: Argon colossus - Ultimate Weapon Loadout

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 13:53

I simply have to react, because a real life fleet carrier holds also a lot of fighters and helicopters, but it can defend itself very well, thus this is on a 2 dimensional plane and we fight in a 3 dimensional plane, so we need more firepower to protect our hide and being attacked by a destroyer, and no main battery is a miss, but this is my opinion. Can't even tell my turrets to shoot their weapons instead of the hull is also a miss, only fighters that you litterally tell each turret to destroy, is working. If you let them choose, more than 70% would not survive, lacking the thought processes we humans have. So far it is humans-AI, 1-0.
I miss those big guns, really.

(Sorry for bumping this up the ranks, but I found this thread through a Google search.)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Argon colossus - Ultimate Weapon Loadout

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 14:39

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 13:53
I simply have to react,
No, you don't. This is a 16 years-old dormant thread. The discussion is long over, and the forum rules explicity ask you to not dredge up such old topics.

*Topic locked*

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”