Updated AL scripts available

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 19:16

The readme file for the MK3 Trader software states that the old ship will get the --- name, this isn't a bug, just a limitation of the script. The old trading ship SHOULD have a pilot name Julian since that was the pilot's name of the new trading ship before you switched pilots.
I said the current ship pilot rename was using a fixed string of "Julian", the ships pilots name is the name of the player, that should be transfered to a string and applied to the ship NOT a fixed string, if a ship is owned / flown by the player it has the players name as the pilot, EG in my case Ziggy Nova NOT Julian, so yes its a bug.
The readme file stats:

Quote:
The new ship, which has to be "empty", i.e. no pilot must be on board, gets the name of the old ship, all important items are transferred, and the pilot is placed into the new ship with all his experience.

Special software most not be considered important and technically it isn't needed to be a universe trader so the pilot doesn't transfer it. This isn't a problem for me at all since I always outfit my new ships with Special Software automatically.

The only bug I've encountered in the script so far is when a trader ducks into a station when under fire and suddenly doens't think it has enough energy to do anything even with it has a full cargo bay of e-cells or is sitting in a full SPP (the nojumpfuel in range problem).
I agree to differ on that point :D but if the ship needs it to transfer the pilot it should be moved as well.

Ziggy

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 21:27

Ziggy wrote:
The readme file for the MK3 Trader software states that the old ship will get the --- name, this isn't a bug, just a limitation of the script. The old trading ship SHOULD have a pilot name Julian since that was the pilot's name of the new trading ship before you switched pilots.
I said the current ship pilot rename was using a fixed string of "Julian", the ships pilots name is the name of the player, that should be transfered to a string and applied to the ship NOT a fixed string, if a ship is owned / flown by the player it has the players name as the pilot, EG in my case Ziggy Nova NOT Julian, so yes its a bug.
You either need to download the latest version of it, or look more closely here. It was a problem that's been fixed.

Code: Select all

028      $Pilot.Julian = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get pilot name
029      $move.from -> set pilot name to $Pilot.Julian

CerebrusMagnus153
x3

Post by CerebrusMagnus153 » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 00:40

Beware, my Pest Patrol Software detects that is an mc_30 rat trojan inside :o

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 00:42

I think your Pest Patrol Software is getting a little over-excited.

CerebrusMagnus153
x3

Post by CerebrusMagnus153 » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 04:43

Could be but I have quarantined the file until further analysis :idea: http://pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/m/mc_30_day.asp

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 04:58

You either need to download the latest version of it, or look more closely here. It was a problem that's been fixed.
What script did you pull that from? I have the latest download of the MK3 from the downloads page at Egosoft. In the version for download from there in the "plugin.autotrade.movepilot" script that came with the MK3 software the following line is the problem.

28 $move.from -> set pilot name to 'Julian'
Ziggy

thanakar
x3

Post by thanakar » Mon, 16. Aug 04, 13:24

Ziggy wrote:
What script did you pull that from? I have the latest download of the MK3 from the downloads page at Egosoft. In the version for download from there in the "plugin.autotrade.movepilot" script that came with the MK3 software the following line is the problem.

28 $move.from -> set pilot name to 'Julian'
Ziggy
I thought a bug was when software didn't work as intended. It looks to me as if the script is running exactly like it was programmed to run, hence no bug. Just a difference of opinion by a user as to how the script should have been programmed.
Change is the only constant.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Mon, 16. Aug 04, 13:32

I thought a bug was when software didn't work as intended. It looks to me as if the script is running exactly like it was programmed to run, hence no bug. Just a difference of opinion by a user as to how the script should have been programmed.
The software doent work as intended, so its a bug. A difference of opinion? try reading the post.

Ziggy

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 16. Aug 04, 13:43

Since it doesn't actually relate to the AL scripts, could you take this discussion over to the scripting forum please?

Gracie
x3tc

Post by Gracie » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 01:15

does 'all users' really mean ALL users, or is it just for those who like a modded version?

My and myself personally ( we are unanimous on this) , I am perfectly content to have the plain vanilla original ( if you can call such a good game plain), but if this is something we all ought to be downloading, then I would like to know where that can be done

ta :D
mines the creaky little ship with the zimmer frame strapped on the back :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 01:18

All users, in this case, means all users. The AL scripts that come with 1.4 are a part of the core game and do not constitute a "mod". Having said that, the changes are minor and if you have no plans to capture any ships that are part of the AL feature then the update will make little difference to you.

The AL scripts are found on your personalised download page, i.e. the same place that you go to pick up updates such as 1.4.

Gracie
x3tc

Post by Gracie » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 01:23

thanks CBJ - just one possible problem for me; I have just reformatted my HDD and put the OS back on - will I have lost my personal downloads page, and if so, how will I get it back please?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 01:28

You won't have lost anything. Your personalised downloads page is based on your registration code, and that is stored in your forum profile on the server rather than on your PC. Just go to the site homepage and click on Downloads. :)

Gracie
x3tc

Post by Gracie » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 01:34

thanks again -night night for now :)

CerebrusMagnus153
x3

Post by CerebrusMagnus153 » Fri, 20. Aug 04, 04:09

Well I finished my analisys of the file and it was an false positive :D

Jha'dur
x2

Post by Jha'dur » Sat, 28. Aug 04, 16:31

Brianetta wrote:
moggy2 wrote:
How are passengers profitable? I've never managed to make a penny from them. Pirate bases won't buy them as slaves, and they seem to evaporate if ejected.
I put a bunch into a trading-station (my station, of course) once, and it seemed it could hold 10 000 of them, and they are worth 5 cr (or thereabouts). Odd.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Uncle Monkey
x3

Post by Uncle Monkey » Mon, 25. Oct 04, 19:14

erm!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Oct 04, 21:04

No point in digging up this thread to say "erm!".

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”