[X2] SPP questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcjomar
x3tc

[X2] SPP questions

Post by mcjomar » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 22:26

I've been using the SPP guide listed in the guides thread, and I've got a few questions.

Should I be using the SMS? (I'm guessing not?)

Should I use a Split Scorpion as recommended, or is there a faster/better ship in X2 that can carry M-class cargo? (I keep imagining the disco can do it, but I know it can't).

Should I try to build loops, or can I just make ridiculous amounts by selling the cells?

Should I be using a TS for selling, and a small M4 or something for buying, and will this make more profit over time than just letting the AI buy from the factories?

Did I miss anything?
I've got my SPPs in Kingdom End, Herron's Nebula, and Paranid Prime so far.

Thinking the next batch will be Red Light, Rolk's Drift, and Seizwell.
Thoughts?
tia
SHA Vice Admiral

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sat, 5. Oct 13, 01:46

The scorpion is probably the best choice for buying crystals, and the dolphin the best for selling energy sells.

Loops will not be as profitable as stand alone SPP's. Later, once you have saturated the energy market you can make them loops in order to squeeze more profit out of it, but the ROI on the loop is not as good as the ROI on another stand alone SPP elsewhere.

This is in stark contrast to the later X games. In X3 SPPs are not as profitable, it is better actually, because the economy is more balanced.

All of those sectors seem like good choices, but TD's SPP guide below has a longer list.

TD's Guide to the World of Solar Power Plants! -1.4 Update-

mcjomar
x3tc

Post by mcjomar » Sat, 5. Oct 13, 08:34

Thanks, I've been making use of that guide so far. :)
SHA Vice Admiral

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”