Unknown Object

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HiFish
x3ap

Unknown Object

Post by HiFish » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:19

I killed an Pirate and he dropped an unknown object which i can install in my ship. But wtf does it do??? Anybody knows?
Greets HiFish

hrett
x3

Post by hrett » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:22

I have gotten a couple, but they were all missles. They shot fine though. :D

Yours can be installed like software or a scanner?
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:24

Yaki disruptor missile, i assume you get the specs later, like with the Khaak in X2.

Not sure if its any good, but from what i hear in the storyline it might be ace. doesn't get flaged as illegal cargo though from what i can see, though its a while since ive been scanned.
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

HiFish
x3ap

Post by HiFish » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:25

in the fright screen i can choose install/eject but dont know if this r rockets or something else ?!?

hoaren
x3

Post by hoaren » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:29

If you install it then hover your mouse over the missile on the hud under the guns it will normally give its name

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:32

hoaren wrote:If you install it then hover your mouse over the missile on the hud under the guns it will normally give its name
but it'll just pull it off the ID in the cargo bay. And when you install it you get "Unknown Object...... Instaled"
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:36

Press 'M' to cycle your missiles. If the unknown object is indeed a missile the computer voice will say "Unknown Object. Installed." Then press 'L' to launch it.

One a related side note: has anyone ever had an Unknown Object become identified? I picked up an unknown missile after a pirate battle and a short time later the computer voice says "Update to computer database received. R----- Missile." I can't remember the name, but it starts with an R, sorry.

I've picked up quite a few unknown missiles and only once has this happened.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”