Construction Service issue

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Zeherah

Construction Service issue

Post by Zeherah » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 21:15

I tried out the construction service a few times. Mostly to do the jump beacon farming, but I was attempting to build a real complex with a smallish amount of stations in Mines of Fortune.

It wasn't many stations, just a number of crystal fabs + mines + food to start feeding into some Solar power plants.

I think the number was around 25 Crystal fabs with their required food, plus every silicon asteroid in the sector. When I started the deployment they gave me the cost, and deducted the money, roughly 400mil or so, and I was sent a blank message from unknown. Since this happened on the other times when I was jump beacon farming I think this blank message should be standard / fine?

But as I waited, no heph corp jump beacon m4 spawned and I got a message stating that I should take command over the stations that were successfully built in the sector. When I open the sector map no station has been built.

I figured this construction service is for large complexes. Is 100+ stations too large? I also tried various different sets of stations unsuccessfully. They were:
  • Boron Crystal, Boron Bofu, Boron BoGas, plus teladi mines
  • Boron Crystal, Boron Bofu, Boron BoGas, Boron mines
  • Teledi Crystal, Teladi Flower, Teladi Sun Oil, no mines
Each time it took my credits, but built nothing.

Are larger complexes required to be built with your own TLs? It's not like I don't have the cash to support getting build mk3 on a TL of mine. How does it manage the energy cells required if it takes 30+ trips to build the complex?

I can continue to reduce the size of the complex, but if I did that, what is the point of hiring the construction service?

Has anyone else had success / issues when using the construction service provided by the game? What about with their own TLs. Anyone built any super large complexes using this type of service?

What happens if there isn't enough "room" to place all the stations? Hows does it order the stations and how would it decide how to place them? I guess my next try can be extremely far from the jump point and various asteroids to see if this is the 'issue'.

edit: I seem to have generated several dozen TLs for the heph construction corp at a boron shipyard that sells one type of the stations I wanted to plant. What was weird is that I only need roughly 29 Bofu, 29 boGas, 25 Crystal Fabs, with the sizes it should be 13 for Crystal, 10 for BoGas, 10 for Bofu which is 33, but I generated 83 TLs. Perhaps each station generates it's own TL for this service? I can't attach a screenshot since it doesn't let me upload directly, I would have to link to a 3rd party site which I don't want to do at the moment. 83 is the number of stations I wanted to build that would come from that shipyard.

Anyone know if these TLs will auto self-destruct like the M4s that place the jump beacon? Otherwise that would be 80+ free Terran TLs that I could just cap and keep / recycle / sell. They probably have my stations that I already paid for as well, giving me back the credits that I already paid.

Plus 83 TL boarding operations would train quite a few marines to 100 fighting.

Edit2: I'm wondering if they will all explode if I go In sector since their coordinates are all exactly the same. I'm not sure if the engine would place them all around each other to avoid collision, or if they would just explode the moment I entered the sector. Can you do boarding operations OOS? :lol:
Last edited by Zeherah on Mon, 29. Jan 24, 06:42, edited 2 times in total.

Zeherah

Re: Construction Service issue

Post by Zeherah » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 05:07

Having successfully started this command with my own TLs, I realized that it is going to shipyards that don't have a direct jump gate to them. Perhaps there is an issue if the shipyard only has TOA access and no jump beacon / jumpgate?

I'll try again later after gaining some jump beacons and putting them into the sectors that have Teladi / Boron shipyards to see if this solves the 'issue'.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 06:55

Zeherah wrote:
Sun, 28. Jan 24, 21:15
.. I got a message stating that I should take command over the stations that were successfully built in the sector. When I open the sector map no station has been built.
You need to visit that sector in person. Only then will your newly build complex exist and be seen iS or on map.

Zeherah

Post by Zeherah » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 05:15

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 29. Jan 24, 06:55
Zeherah wrote:
.. I got a message stating that I should take command over the stations that were successfully built in the sector. When I open the sector map no station has been built.
You need to visit that sector in person. Only then will your newly build complex exist and be seen iS or on map.
I did do that. I tried both starting OOS then entering and starting IS and waiting.

Both resulted in no stations built.

Like I said, it did spawn almost 100 TLs though. so it attempted to do something but maybe got stuck.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 13:40

I have built complexes much bigger than that with the construction service. Are you building too close to a planet?
Scripts I use.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 2. Feb 24, 06:15

Zeherah wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 24, 05:15
DanKara wrote:
Mon, 29. Jan 24, 06:55
Zeherah wrote:
I did do that. I tried both starting OOS then entering and starting IS and waiting.

Both resulted in no stations built.

Like I said, it did spawn almost 100 TLs though. so it attempted to do something but maybe got stuck.
What coordinates are you trying to build it at? I'd suggest uploading your save to your google drive, then linking it and sharing it on here. Maybe someone like Cycrow can look at it and tell you why it's breaking. Or someone else.

Mines of Fortune is a huge asteroid field. Try having it built a ways off the ecliptic in an area with no asteroids.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”