Ships not attacking while in sector

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Ships not attacking while in sector

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 05:30

The Borun Guppy gets the best repair drones due to them having more repair lasers than the rest. And you don't need me to tell you that boarding Xenon is the least efficient and most difficult method of obtaining jump beacons when there are far, far easier ways of obtaining them :mrgreen:

And the JD kits are definitely among the first things you should buy/steal the design for, along with the boarding pods which you can only get the design from trading in discovery points.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 08:30

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 05:30
The Borun Guppy gets the best repair drones due to them having more repair lasers than the rest. And you don't need me to tell you that boarding Xenon is the least efficient and most difficult method of obtaining jump beacons when there are far, far easier ways of obtaining them :mrgreen:

And the JD kits are definitely among the first things you should buy/steal the design for, along with the boarding pods which you can only get the design from trading in discovery points.
Ummm... he's on the unofficial patch. Cycrow patched getting them from the building group out. (Hah! The un-guppy. Is that like an un-puppy?) :mrgreen: :lol:
OrionTaltos wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 05:29

Hold up, drone frigates have repair drones? I know what I need now.

I did get an M7M from the Yaki. They were so kind when I made my first push into Weaver's Tempest to send one after me. It's not the most impressive, but it topped out my biggest expedition boarding expedition yet with my first couple of Yaki M1s and TLs. When I saw the icon coming for me, I was thinking I was in trouble. But I think there was an issue loading it because it had practically no missiles to launch at me. Or maybe it just spawned and hadn't had a chance to load up. I'm not sure how that works.

Those jumpdrive kits are why I always want to be friends with Terracorp. I had to guard a gate so my Marine Toucan could restock energy, jumpdrive kits, and boarding pods.

One weird thing I noticed with the M7 Carrack versus the M6 Acinonyx is the hotkey for Launch All Marines works for the Acinonyx to fire boarding pods. For the M7, I have to use the target interaction to launch marines to send a full group in one burst instead of individual shots. I wonder if that's because the Acinonyx has a spacewalking option.
Yep, though you don't get any from boarding one though. It will add a blueprint exclusive to each race when you add that races drone frigate either via purchase, or by reverse engineer. Then you can build your own. The drone ships are all unlocked via agent with special ships, with the exception of the Guppy for sale by Atreus, as is the drone that comes with it. (Drone Extended)

Oh, don't worry too much about the discovery points. They respawn infinite with the special discoveries / discoveries. It'll go from 14 / 16 at a time to 8 at a time once you've done it for soo long. You can find them with the all seeing eye or ej.findwares scripts.

If you use those scripts, the exploration crates are usually far off the map. And at least 10 above or below the ecliptic plane. (Haven't used that term in X for a while. :mrgreen: ) Cargo bay now contains, Teladi Buzzard! :lol:

Drones:
Spoiler
Show
Teladi- Mining Drone
Argon- Basic Repair Drone
Split- Recon Drone (Combat)
Boron- Drone Extended
Yaki- Drone Hauler
Paranid- (Someone else will need to fill in as I have not gotten it yet; or the Ariadne)
Selling points for frigates: (I do not have the Terran or Split special shipyard atm.)
Spoiler
Show
Argon - Griffon; Omicron Lyrae Alpha
Boron - Guppy; Great Reef Alpha or Ocean of Fantasy Alpha
Teladi - Cormorant; Ianamus Zura Alpha
Paranid - Ariadne; Paranid Prime Alpha
Split - Panther; I boarded mine.
Yaki - Kariudo; Senators Badlands
Terran - Maccana; I'll unlock that zone eventually. :D It'll be either Mercury, The Moon or Jupiter. I'll probably board one during the fight in Brennan's ahem.... :mrgreen:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 21:08

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 05:30

Time to send Atreus lots of gift baskets. I blacklisted their sector as they got to where they would shoot my ships. I've gone out of my way not to escalate things with them (the Boron don't approve).

I'm hunting for the boarding pod designs. I saw them like crazy early on when I had few points, but now that I want them... :doh:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 08:30
Yep, though you don't get any from boarding one though. It will add a blueprint exclusive to each race when you add that races drone frigate either via purchase, or by reverse engineer. Then you can build your own. The drone ships are all unlocked via agent with special ships, with the exception of the Guppy for sale by Atreus, as is the drone that comes with it. (Drone Extended)

Oh, don't worry too much about the discovery points. They respawn infinite with the special discoveries / discoveries. It'll go from 14 / 16 at a time to 8 at a time once you've done it for soo long. You can find them with the all seeing eye or ej.findwares scripts.

If you use those scripts, the exploration crates are usually far off the map. And at least 10 above or below the ecliptic plane. (Haven't used that term in X for a while. :mrgreen: ) Cargo bay now contains, Teladi Buzzard! :lol:
Time to collect all the drones ;)

Didn't there used to be an Ecliptic Plane Projector? That was a rather handy one.
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 17. Sep 23, 00:47

OrionTaltos wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 21:08

Time to send Atreus lots of gift baskets. I blacklisted their sector as they got to where they would shoot my ships. I've gone out of my way not to escalate things with them (the Boron don't approve).

I'm hunting for the boarding pod designs. I saw them like crazy early on when I had few points, but now that I want them... :doh:
Best method is to go system to system and com every Trade Station. Its always random, but they'll show up somewhere. Otherwise your stuck getting them from Military Outposts. If you got the credits, you can always use the Shipyard / Outpost connection in Ceo's Sprite to duplicate / increase your quantity. They weigh 20 a piece, but the shipyard there can accommodate TS in it's hangar. Equip all at once for the win right? :D Useful for hammers and flails, advanced satellites, and flak artillery. A few others as well. :D
OrionTaltos wrote:
Sat, 16. Sep 23, 21:08

Time to collect all the drones ;)

Didn't there used to be an Ecliptic Plane Projector? That was a rather handy one.
Yea, those vanished after X2, along with damage clouds and the need to lower shields to scoop up loot. I personally don't miss any of it (miss internal docking though), but the ecliptic projector would definitely be handy for when you lose your orientation.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 06:48

"Warning: Cargo Bay open, shields are down!" Good riddance to that! :mrgreen:

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 22:59

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 17. Sep 23, 00:47
Yea, those vanished after X2, along with damage clouds and the need to lower shields to scoop up loot. I personally don't miss any of it (miss internal docking though), but the ecliptic projector would definitely be handy for when you lose your orientation.
That was at least X3R because I've never played X2 and I remember most of those features :D
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 18. Sep 23, 06:48
"Warning: Cargo Bay open, shields are down!" Good riddance to that! :mrgreen:
The amount of things I destroyed by not remembering to open the cargo bay.... Though I will say it was intense to nab goodies in a combat zone ;)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 09:59

OrionTaltos wrote:
Mon, 18. Sep 23, 22:59

That was at least X3R because I've never played X2 and I remember most of those features :D

The amount of things I destroyed by not remembering to open the cargo bay.... Though I will say it was intense to nab goodies in a combat zone ;)
Damage fields are definitely X2. :D Herron's Nebula had one in the NE quadrant. Damaged your hull despite your shields. The entire system that is now Rhys Crusade was entirely a damage cloud and occupied by Kha'ak. It was just an unknown sector then. So is internal docking for stations. You entered the station, then flew to the docking birth. Or you could skip it with the escape key? I used to seta inside SPPs to stay safe. :D

Oh yea, and the amount of loot (and bailed pilots :oops: ) I still destroy by forgetting my cargo bay is currently full. Dropping shields to scoop cargo may have been X3R though. I don't remember playing Reunion much, but I spent many day night cycles on both TC and AP. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 16:10

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 19. Sep 23, 09:59
OrionTaltos wrote:

Damage fields are definitely X2. :D Herron's Nebula had one in the NE quadrant. Damaged your hull despite your shields. The entire system that is now Rhys Crusade was entirely a damage cloud and occupied by Kha'ak. It was just an unknown sector then. So is internal docking for stations. You entered the station, then flew to the docking birth. Or you could skip it with the escape key? I used to seta inside SPPs to stay safe. :D

Oh yea, and the amount of loot (and bailed pilots :oops: ) I still destroy by forgetting my cargo bay is currently full. Dropping shields to scoop cargo may have been X3R though. I don't remember playing Reunion much, but I spent many day night cycles on both TC and AP. :D
I wasn't sorry to see the back of shield and hull eating nebulae from X2, especially devastating to have a supply freighter fly through the latter. Complexes definitely make the whole thing easier instead of having every station needing its own fleet of ships just to run :mrgreen:

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:33

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 16:10
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
OrionTaltos wrote:

I wasn't sorry to see the back of shield and hull eating nebulae from X2, especially devastating to have a supply freighter fly through the latter. Complexes definitely make the whole thing easier instead of having every station needing its own fleet of ships just to run :mrgreen:
I'm glad I missed those damage clouds! I get the idea but that had to be unpleasant.

I have a few ships whose jobs are to clean up after me at times. I've I'm running an M7, loot is a bugger to pickup. I do make it a point to pick up every pilot whether bailed or from buying a ship.
Except um... when the pilots get marked as hostile for some reason. I've watched laser towers eat some like that at my secured gates. And others..... tempest missiles sometimes run out of other targets :oops:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:36

Sovereign01 wrote:

Agreed. The only hull damage you gotta worry about now from flying, is a bit of it happening on your remote miners from asteroid bumps.

You know, an SPP is a nice place to hide a small fleet of ships. Almost as much as a complex hub. I like that change.

God engine keeps going on a station deletion spree. Latest hit SPP-XL in Holy Vision Alpha. That one kinda steamed me :rant:. It happened once to a very active and needed on in Ianamus Zura once. And the fact only a small fraction of these ever get replaced by the engine is getting annoying. Akeela's Beacon is now the new void :o for no solar power plants. And it starts with 3 I think?

Most of my games systems are down to a max of 3 stations per sector. :rant: Getting kinda lonely. :(

I guess the bonus side, I get to make bank in station placing. But that is only if I want to tank my rep all around in doing so.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 26. Sep 23, 16:07

OrionTaltos wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:33
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I'm glad I missed those damage clouds! I get the idea but that had to be unpleasant.

I have a few ships whose jobs are to clean up after me at times. I've I'm running an M7, loot is a bugger to pickup. I do make it a point to pick up every pilot whether bailed or from buying a ship.
Except um... when the pilots get marked as hostile for some reason. I've watched laser towers eat some like that at my secured gates. And others..... tempest missiles sometimes run out of other targets :oops:
Hull eating nebulae were mean, especially if the stations the ships were supplying had inadvertently been located inside one and I wondered why the ships were losing hull. I think I had to retire those two stations, patch up the ships, and locate replacement factories in a safe part of the sector. In X2, energy cells always made huge profits. Shield-eating nebulae only became a problem if like in Wrath of Khan you fought a battle inside one, though the moment you left them your shields would recharge instantly.

I've had the occasional bailed pilot show as hostile, they're usually the result of a station defense mission. A couple of times I've had to turn off my turrets when hunting down an M5/4/3 that is plinking away at a station's shields because they cannot be trusted to avoid friendly fire and a hostile station which will subsequently be taken out by my ship's main guns :oops: :lol: Even when I fly an M6 I try to intercept as many as I can before they get there, and capital ships I have to keep out of range of the station, at least until the fighters have been eliminated.

It's bailed ships that I need to clean up, maybe I should make use of my Split rep to purchase a Raptor because it has the biggest hangar. Most of the ships I pick up will probably either be sold at a shipyard or recycled at the HQ, I have literally no use for fighter wings.

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 00:09

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 26. Sep 23, 16:07
OrionTaltos wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:33
Sovereign01 wrote:

Hull eating nebulae were mean, especially if the stations the ships were supplying had inadvertently been located inside one and I wondered why the ships were losing hull. I think I had to retire those two stations, patch up the ships, and locate replacement factories in a safe part of the sector. In X2, energy cells always made huge profits. Shield-eating nebulae only became a problem if like in Wrath of Khan you fought a battle inside one, though the moment you left them your shields would recharge instantly.

I've had the occasional bailed pilot show as hostile, they're usually the result of a station defense mission. A couple of times I've had to turn off my turrets when hunting down an M5/4/3 that is plinking away at a station's shields because they cannot be trusted to avoid friendly fire and a hostile station which will subsequently be taken out by my ship's main guns :oops: :lol: Even when I fly an M6 I try to intercept as many as I can before they get there, and capital ships I have to keep out of range of the station, at least until the fighters have been eliminated.

It's bailed ships that I need to clean up, maybe I should make use of my Split rep to purchase a Raptor because it has the biggest hangar. Most of the ships I pick up will probably either be sold at a shipyard or recycled at the HQ, I have literally no use for fighter wings.
I've had a Caravel usually doing the job of collecting loose fighters from unsafe zones. Though I did have to bring the Aran in once. But I brought my response fleet to protect it. I need to bring in a carrier to the far end of Yaki territory to pick up piles of fighters. I got a few out from captured ships, but there are around a dozen I haven't been brave enough to slow down close enough to grab. I was down to 57% on my Carrack after a few bad run-ins that netted me a few more vessels. I got a bit too confident and didn't expect a Shuri to jump through the gate with a swam of fighters. That was a death screen....

I do have a Raptor in RE now because I flew into Storm Arms territory to have a discussion about their whole 'Attack Enemies' default on their turrets.

Yeah, I've become really familiar with disabling turrets. I need to for close boarding passes and for that situation. My turrets are doing what I told them with dealing with the fighters.. but station owners get a little upset when capital ships slam into a shield that the fighters weren't even noticeable against. Or occasionally I send out a wave of missiles and misjudge positions... and they all slam into a station the fighters ducked behind.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 12:34

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:36
God engine keeps going on a station deletion spree. Latest hit SPP-XL in Holy Vision Alpha. That one kinda steamed me :rant:.
AFAIK GOD will never delete a station, that you have a ship docked at (or was that myth busted?).

OrionTaltos wrote:
Wed, 27. Sep 23, 00:09
Yeah, I've become really familiar with disabling turrets.
You know, you can set a Keybind to toggle turrets on/off?

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 16:38

DanKara wrote:
Wed, 27. Sep 23, 12:34
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:36
God engine keeps going on a station deletion spree. Latest hit SPP-XL in Holy Vision Alpha. That one kinda steamed me :rant:.
AFAIK GOD will never delete a station, that you have a ship docked at (or was that myth busted?).

OrionTaltos wrote:
Having a ship docked a station does still protect it, but that requires going through and putting ships at those stations. And there are a lot of stations if you're trying to protect every single one. It'll also not delete the last station in a sector. Though if you're in the sector, the Xenon will happily destroy it :shock: I've jumped out to keep stations alive.

Yeah, I'm aware of the keybind. As I said, I'm really familiar with it. I'm having to do it in combat, so it'd be hell resetting it without having a hotkey. Though in combat lulls I have occasionally manually adjusted the turret priorities :D I have a configuration I like as my default / defense and another for a bit more precision but less firing all the lasers.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 30. Sep 23, 21:12

DanKara wrote:

I guess i could go through all that work. It's not like I don't have a surplus of ships. I just went through and disabled all my factories so I can try the Terran plot "again" without being stressed out over the super speedy rep loss. I want to get at least up to an M6 via purchase from them for reverse engineering before I let it go. Plus a few Terran stations. Food and the M/AM warhead factory. From trading alone, when you are at 2 green, I was losing almost 10 / 20% of rep rank per sector crossed. Talk about frustrating.

They really should have put more thought into it, and a tier system for it. When you reach 2 red bars and 0% rep loss stops all around with gains as it is now. But trading shouldn't lower it past say 2 green bars. And missions could be tier by type as well. But oh well. :gruebel: Not gonna stop me from playing, or rage quitting on some days. :roll: :lol:
DanKara wrote:
OrionTaltos wrote:
Yea that's almost a first key set for me when it comes to a game start. I have it bound to the "/?" key. Easy to find without looking. Its a must have for when you hear the bailing script start. Start to hear; I do not feel as if luck :D I am here is "ahhhhhh - kaboom" :evil: . Talk about annoying. Especially when it's something rare like an Aamon. (I did get that one though. :wink: )
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 1. Oct 23, 22:27

Sovereign01 wrote:
I gotta say it. There is never enough space to store those things. :lol:

On another note, I spy a Valhalla in The Moon. :D

The question though, is it boardable. :gruebel:

Every Tokyo I've tried my marines couldn't breach and gave up. (All are 100s in all categories.) Even had a failed attempt with an Akuma- Mission one likely had marines too. (1st time ever.) Probably has to do with bein an Overlord rank. :gruebel:

Oh well, won't keep from trying. Lot's of ripe Terran targets, once I finish the final battle. Securing a source of warheads and specter missiles first. Then on to stealing prints for the other weapons I need. Shutting down almost 300 factories was a pain in the rear. But on the bright side, most will now be getting Hyabusa's :mrgreen: .

I can buy a Katana, but not a Fenrir, where is the fairness in that. lol...
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 14:40

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 1. Oct 23, 22:27
Sovereign01 wrote:
I gotta say it. There is never enough space to store those things. :lol:

On another note, I spy a Valhalla in The Moon. :D

The question though, is it boardable. :gruebel:

Every Tokyo I've tried my marines couldn't breach and gave up. (All are 100s in all categories.) Even had a failed attempt with an Akuma- Mission one likely had marines too. (1st time ever.) Probably has to do with bein an Overlord rank. :gruebel:

Oh well, won't keep from trying. Lot's of ripe Terran targets, once I finish the final battle. Securing a source of warheads and specter missiles first. Then on to stealing prints for the other weapons I need. Shutting down almost 300 factories was a pain in the rear. But on the bright side, most will now be getting Hyabusa's :mrgreen: .

I can buy a Katana, but not a Fenrir, where is the fairness in that. lol...
I don't see why it wouldn't be, I've boarded two :D The second one was completely motionless. Still wasn't the easiest ship to board- I think I parked my Sirokos nose to nose with it and had a Skirnir launch a missile volley to bring down its shields since other approach angles always got the pods shot down. I'm going to be getting it engine turning and rudder optimisation. At least that's the plan- the only upgrade currently available is for the rudder optimisation. However, despite going to the exact co-ordinates as shown in the all-seeing eye in Maelstrom beta there's no crate or indicator or anything. I don't know if those respawn like the special discoveries do or if it's a case of once they're gone, they're gone?

Also discovered something like 180 bailed ships with the eye, Raptor alone isn't going to cut it I don't think. Still I can recycle those ships, if they give microchips it would be nice- got a bunch of drones queued up for construction and they all need chips. Still, I got my Guppy back so repairs are free once again :mrgreen:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 06:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 2. Oct 23, 14:40

I don't see why it wouldn't be, I've boarded two :D The second one was completely motionless. Still wasn't the easiest ship to board- I think I parked my Sirokos nose to nose with it and had a Skirnir launch a missile volley to bring down its shields since other approach angles always got the pods shot down. I'm going to be getting it engine turning and rudder optimisation. At least that's the plan- the only upgrade currently available is for the rudder optimisation. However, despite going to the exact co-ordinates as shown in the all-seeing eye in Maelstrom beta there's no crate or indicator or anything. I don't know if those respawn like the special discoveries do or if it's a case of once they're gone, they're gone?

Also discovered something like 180 bailed ships with the eye, Raptor alone isn't going to cut it I don't think. Still I can recycle those ships, if they give microchips it would be nice- got a bunch of drones queued up for construction and they all need chips. Still, I got my Guppy back so repairs are free once again :mrgreen:
If the tuning still shows with the all seeing eye then yes it's still there. I had an issue with one in Maelstrom Beta. It did not show with LFL or when I got close to it. I literally had to spot it hidden against the backdrop of space. Its very difficult to see, but is still claimable. Write down the exact coordinates. The fly to within 1km of it, and use goggles to zoom in and examine very carefully. Mine wasn't targetable, but I did see and scoop it up.

It's a bug in the explorer script. I only ever had it happen with one. And it's at that point I went from 14 active items to 7/8.

And btw I saw 2 Valhalla. One in The Moon and one in Mars. I think it was the Woden you were looking for right?

Feels good to finally have a supply of Specter missiles. OMG I popped a Q in 1 v 1 combat very quickly. Did it in Teladi space of course. :D I had the theme for Mortal Combat playing in my head when I went toe to toe. I made a Titan go toe to toe with a K there as well. I put almost 20 Specter missiles into that thing personally. Got the final kill shot too. Now is the time to send many agents to obtain factory blueprints. Aegir is also fully armed. Used the duplication exploit to get 800 empc's. Very expensive. Spend like a half billion on them.

I did something funny. In the battle to protect the Maru. Blew up an Argon Centaur in Brennan's Triumph Alpha. Not thinking about the rep issue with the pirates. I toe the line with them. Keep restoring it to 2 red from 3 red. Did you know there is now penalty for bringing rep up to 2 red from 3 red? :lol: :mrgreen: You probably did. But I am enjoying the memory. :mrgreen: 8)
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 03:59

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 3. Oct 23, 06:58
Sovereign01 wrote:

If the tuning still shows with the all seeing eye then yes it's still there. I had an issue with one in Maelstrom Beta. It did not show with LFL or when I got close to it. I literally had to spot it hidden against the backdrop of space. Its very difficult to see, but is still claimable. Write down the exact coordinates. The fly to within 1km of it, and use goggles to zoom in and examine very carefully. Mine wasn't targetable, but I did see and scoop it up.

It's a bug in the explorer script. I only ever had it happen with one. And it's at that point I went from 14 active items to 7/8.

And btw I saw 2 Valhalla. One in The Moon and one in Mars. I think it was the Woden you were looking for right?

Feels good to finally have a supply of Specter missiles. OMG I popped a Q in 1 v 1 combat very quickly. Did it in Teladi space of course. :D I had the theme for Mortal Combat playing in my head when I went toe to toe. I made a Titan go toe to toe with a K there as well. I put almost 20 Specter missiles into that thing personally. Got the final kill shot too. Now is the time to send many agents to obtain factory blueprints. Aegir is also fully armed. Used the duplication exploit to get 800 empc's. Very expensive. Spend like a half billion on them.

I did something funny. In the battle to protect the Maru. Blew up an Argon Centaur in Brennan's Triumph Alpha. Not thinking about the rep issue with the pirates. I toe the line with them. Keep restoring it to 2 red from 3 red. Did you know there is now penalty for bringing rep up to 2 red from 3 red? :lol: :mrgreen: You probably did. But I am enjoying the memory. :mrgreen: 8)
I'm having that exact issue in Maelstrom Beta, even when I tell the ship to navigate to those co-ordinates (-12.748, -37.41, 17.751) via the autopilot. Didn't seem to like me entering the co-ordinates manually, whether it's because it's 3 decimal places or 2 of the values are negative so I had to use the map and tell the ship to move as close as it could. I thought with the sheer size of the Valhalla I'd have a greater chance of hitting it but no such luck. After this I should send it to Getsu Fune, seems it's missing some equipment :lol:

EDIT: Finally got it by again telling the ship where to go on the map since it hadn't gone to the right spot, and as it was turning I got the message "Cargo bay now contains: rudder optimisation" :lol:

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 07:39

Sovereign01 wrote:
Still I can recycle those ships, if they give microchips it would be nice- got a bunch of drones queued up for construction and they all need chips. Still, I got my Guppy back so repairs are free once again :mrgreen:
I wouldn't count on recycling of M5-M3's for such, but take a look at recycling a M7 Carrack (at 100% hull). Those give more than 500 chips, are easily obtained (marines training) from Station-Defense-missions and repaired (M7D).

Regarding Valhalla-Boardings. I have only done such with a single MARU (and 10 elite marines). Downing its shields mainly from friendly fire of its escort (takes bit of time). After sending the marines in, leading the escorts on a merry chase (away from the Val, so it stays untouched once green). Getting back in time to dock with the Val the moment it gets green and jumping it out ... oh what an adrenaline high :D

Regarding LFL-Loot not uncovered. Usually I fly to the given coord. via autopilot. When my ship gets near and starts to slow I start the 'Search for Target' [t-key for me] and it usually finds the crate with out to much trouble.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”