Sanctuary of Darkness / moving complex elsewhere

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

aiedculedsul

Sanctuary of Darkness / moving complex elsewhere

Post by aiedculedsul » Tue, 23. May 23, 06:55

Hi all,

Since starting with X3 years ago this forum has been an incredible source of information, so thank you all for that. I have now run into an issue that forces me to ask for your advice directly.

My 3 main complexes (100+ factories) are located in sanctuary of darkness, however I need to move them to another sector
Spoiler
Show
due to xenon invasion, I presume after Boron build TOA in depths of silence
. I have a trading dock elsewhere and a Mammoth with build software Mk 3.

Do you guys know of any way to (semi) automate this process? Or would the only way be to break up the complex, manually pack every factory and load them onto TL and dump then at trading dock/HQ? (I know the rebuilding part can be done with build software mk 3)

Furthermore, is there a way to prevent the building of the TOA I'm depths of silence without breaking the game?

Thanks for your advice!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Sanctuary of Darkness / moving complex elsewhere

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 23. May 23, 07:44

You cannot haul the asteroid mines across sectors. Automated complex relocation is limited to intrasector only too.

aiedculedsul

Post by aiedculedsul » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:24

I spent 2 days breaking up the complex, manually removing all the wares from the individual factories (other way around would've been easier :sceptic:), packing up the factories, moving them to player HQ so as to build the complex again elsewhere with the planner+build software Mk 3, only to find out that its bugged. The HQ fills up and it seems it can only fit a certain number of different factories. Furthermore, the planner will not add individual existing factories to an existing complex. Lastly, the planner does not recognise factories I have in stock in the HQ. This could be in part due to them being upgraded (chip factory XXL) but onze packed there is no way to see the size of the packed factory.

So I have decided to load an older save and park a frigate on the exact spot of the HSAP, in depths of silence, I hope that prevents to Boron from building a TOA on it.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 29. May 23, 16:35

aiedculedsul wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 16:24

So I have decided to load an older save and park a frigate on the exact spot of the HSAP, in depths of silence, I hope that prevents to Boron from building a TOA on it.
That's not going to work. OOS, there's no collision. If IS, the frigate is the one most likely to get destroyed. Had you a savegame when you claimed the previous sector, you can see if the Borons claimed Depths. Then you can reload and force a different sector to be claimed.

aiedculedsul

Post by aiedculedsul » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 08:57

Unfortunately they have already claimed the HSAP in my oldest save. However, I've been playing for days now and they haven't built the TOA. My theory this is die to me not advancing the Terran plot like last time.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 07:01

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 16:35
aiedculedsul wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 16:24

That's not going to work. OOS, there's no collision. If IS, the frigate is the one most likely to get destroyed. Had you a savegame when you claimed the previous sector, you can see if the Borons claimed Depths. Then you can reload and force a different sector to be claimed.
I believe it'll just move the ship when the TOA is placed. Even in system, kind of like when it moves you when you place a factory.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”