"No route available" when using ship navigation commands

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

"No route available" when using ship navigation commands

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 18:03

So I'm just a few hours of gameplay after unlocking the Xenon HUB and I'm exploring normal sectors. I wanted to send one of my faster ships out here to start laying down satellites, but it was telling me no route was available? It was in pre-HUB territory trying to come post-HUB territory. So I tested its ability to travel there via Fly through Gate and I manually commanded it to fly through each gate to the sector I wanted it in. It all worked, so I'm confused? Also a bit later on I had it use the Best Buys Locator to find more satellites and it flew all the way back to a sector near my SpaceLab in pre-HUB space and it flew there perfectly fine. So I clicked on it and commanded it to follow me to see if it would fly back through all those sectors and it gave me the same problem again? What's this mechanic all about, there's something here I don't understand. Also where's all the Rastar Oil? I haven't even come across it ever. I've got my Gate Hub and SpaceLab set to buy any Rastar Oil at max price from anyone travelling through and nobody's sold any to it.

https://i.imgur.com/27StnA2.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 21. Jan 23, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: "No route available" when using ship navigation commands

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 04:04

That usually happens when you order a ship to fly through a sector belonging to a faction designated as Enemy to you. Check the ship's and your global blacklists.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 09:58

Everything's set to Friendly except Xenon. Also I tried doing it again today and it seems to be working. . . for now.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 07:10

So I came out here to Void Gamma to see how far I can jump from this location and it looks like it's blocking me from jumping around here. In the picture below you can see all the sectors highlighted in white which is where it allows me to go, but several Void sectors and Holy Vision sectors appear to be off limits. What's the deal? I have advanced satellites in these Void and Holy Vision sectors, is that no longer the requirement? Throughout several hours it's been allowing me to and disallowing me, but I'm not sure what's triggering it.

https://i.imgur.com/K1dTRjC.jpg
and here's my faction alignment https://i.imgur.com/3GtTBNf.jpg
Void sectors are Boron controlled and Holy Vision paranid

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 08:37

ChuckyRocketson wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 07:10
So I came out here to Void Gamma to see how far I can jump from this location and it looks like it's blocking me from jumping around here. In the picture below you can see all the sectors highlighted in white which is where it allows me to go, but several Void sectors and Holy Vision sectors appear to be off limits. What's the deal? I have advanced satellites in these Void and Holy Vision sectors, is that no longer the requirement? Throughout several hours it's been allowing me to and disallowing me, but I'm not sure what's triggering it.
Normally you can jump to Gates only. Some sectors doesn't have them, they have Transorbital Accelerators (ToA) there instead. If you are OK with this kind of spoiler, you can check that X3FL Universe Map. It clearly marks some sectors as RSL (Remote System Location). Although it doesn't precisely match the official wiki RSL explanation, but according to that discussion it conveys the idea "out of the way, difficult to get to, away from major population centers". All Holy Vision sectors are parts of same system and are connected via ToA. Same for The Void. Long story short, if a sector has no gates (it has ToAs only), then you can't jump in without using Jump Beacons. All such sectors are marked as RSL on that map and have dark grey border. In addition, ToA color differs from the Gate color.

Another reason you don't have some sectors highlighted white, you probably don't have enough energy cells to accomplish the jump.

ChuckyRocketson
x3ap

Post by ChuckyRocketson » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 09:06

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 08:37
Normally you can jump to Gates only. Some sectors doesn't have them, they have Transorbital Accelerators (ToA) there instead. If you are OK with this kind of spoiler, you can check that X3FL Universe Map. It clearly marks some sectors as RSL (Remote System Location).
This was it. Thank you. I was not aware of this mechanic.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:47

ChuckyRocketson wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 09:58
Everything's set to Friendly except Xenon. Also I tried doing it again today and it seems to be working. . . for now.
This will only matter if you change your global blacklist settings.
The default is to use automatic race blacklist, which will block sectors based on your current notoriety.

You can switch it to Friend/Foe which will use the friend/Foe settings to block races instead. Otherwise you can manually set them or disable it completely

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”