Reasonable way to achieve the 100b asset achievement

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Reasonable way to achieve the 100b asset achievement

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 02:40

v_make wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 22:45
iXenon wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:13
Btw, do you have such a bug with Complex Planner? Once I deploy a complex with Build Command Software MK3 the Complex Planner starts to show some non-existing resources in the complex and every time I have to delete the plan and add there the already existing complex. After that I cannot modify and tune it, but at least I see how it works.
One major bug is that Hephaistos company is not hirable when building large complexes (mine was a 436 factory one). The order price overflowed and it paid me 4b instead when the order is issued, but never started building. I had to reload the game and use my own TL to build the complex (which is inefficient because your own TL has to actually enter a shipyard to buy factories, and you also have to set up a jump fuel supply chain to ensure the TL always has fuel otherwise it will stop jumping for the rest of the order! And my complex sits behind a Xenon Sector far from any shipyard...). Cost 10 hours in-game to build it even with jump beacons deployed at every shipyard it would buy factories from...
What kind of complex was it? Weirdly the game started building a huge complex in consecrated fire Beta that I'd planned but hadn't given the go-ahead for- I think it was too big for the game to handle as things went wrong like placing a terran station at the end of a ~2,000 mile tube which was attached to a pancake stack of SPPXLs which was attached to the rest of the complex another ~2,000 miles away. Took me hours to sort that out, and fix the complex hub as the software had placed it inside an asteroid mine.

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 06:02

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 02:40
What kind of complex was it? Weirdly the game started building a huge complex in consecrated fire Beta that I'd planned but hadn't given the go-ahead for- I think it was too big for the game to handle as things went wrong like placing a terran station at the end of a ~2,000 mile tube which was attached to a pancake stack of SPPXLs which was attached to the rest of the complex another ~2,000 miles away. Took me hours to sort that out, and fix the complex hub as the software had placed it inside an asteroid mine.
Mine is just a factory for weapon production, mainly HHT but also some common stuff like shields.
Spoiler
Show
missile x32
25 A hht
5 A fbm
1 thm

missile General x3
1 A mm
1 typhoon m
1 wraith m

missile Terran x3
1 shadow m
1 ghoul m
1 phantom m

laser x15
10 A ppc
4 T faa
1 ibl

shield x7
2g x2
1g
200m
25m
5m
1m
I read somewhere the extreme long tube is a bug of the Terran Fusion Beam factory.
Regards.
Mark

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 04:08

v_make wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 06:02
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 02:40
Mine is just a factory for weapon production, mainly HHT but also some common stuff like shields.
Spoiler
Show
missile x32
25 A hht
5 A fbm
1 thm

missile General x3
1 A mm
1 typhoon m
1 wraith m

missile Terran x3
1 shadow m
1 ghoul m
1 phantom m

laser x15
10 A ppc
4 T faa
1 ibl

shield x7
2g x2
1g
200m
25m
5m
1m
I read somewhere the extreme long tube is a bug of the Terran Fusion Beam factory.
Yes, something I only became aware of when it happened to me. Took me a long time to rearrange the factories, they were so far out I couldn't even send a ship carrying a beacon there remotely, I had to do it myself in an adv. Kestrel so that the TL could jump to the right location (first the FBC fab, then the SPPs), pick up a couple of stations at a time, then jump back. Why the game also decided to separate out the Boron SPPs is another matter, and stacking them like pancakes makes no sense either, when I moved them I laid them out in a grid which probably actually made connecting them harder due to their size. That complex had 264 stations and Hephaistos struggled with the naming, when it exhausted the Greek alphabet it tacked on "Readtext12-125" for some of the identical stations after also creating a dozen copies that dropped the "your" prefix and call all those copies "alpha". It did that with all the resource factories, I only stopped expanding the complex when I exhausted all but two of the silicon roids, the remaining ones being too small to provide enough silicon for more crystals. Which is a shame because that sector has a LOT more ore.

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 22:13

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 19. Jul 22, 04:08
Which is a shame because that sector has a LOT more ore.
I calculate the production separately for crystals and ore. One part of the complex is crystal production, and the other part is weapon production.
The crystal production loop takes full advantage of silicon asteroids, and the weapon part takes full advantage of ore. Together these two parts will use up all asteroids in one sector.
Then I combine the two parts together, naming the complex like "[usage] -crystal44556 +ore11223", representing the crystal/ore hourly over-production/requirements.
Finally, I set up trade distribution between complexes to balance the over-production/requirements.
I choose crystal because it's the ware with maximum cargo density as an intermediate energy loop product, thus making it easier for transportation between complexes.

I also noticed the pancake layout of the SPP. 46 such SPP are stacked together in my complex and it looks like a skyscraper :lol:
Regards.
Mark

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 07:04

v_make wrote:
Tue, 19. Jul 22, 22:13

I also noticed the pancake layout of the SPP. 46 such SPP are stacked together in my complex and it looks like a skyscraper :lol:
"I'm movin on up, to the east side, to a dee-luxe apartment in the sky-high"

Sorry I couldn't help it. :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 15:57

While in theory I could ferry resources back and forth from complexes in separate sectors, the only other complexes I have in sectors with leftover silicon asteroids are the unclaimed sectors out past Getsu Fune and Xenon 534. Quite literally the opposite end of the universe from Consecrated Fire Beta :lol: Those complexes are producing my missiles! :lol:

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 19:45

Btw, just want to mention that I got this achievement without cheating on Jump Beacons. Sure, I got several JB from HephCorp but didn't use then for getting money. The 5 MJ Shield Complex provided third part of the needed amount, then I sold several Kyotos and Aran and it's been done. :)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 02:00

iXenon wrote:
Fri, 25. Nov 22, 19:45
Btw, just want to mention that I got this achievement without cheating on Jump Beacons. Sure, I got several JB from HephCorp but didn't use then for getting money. The 5 MJ Shield Complex provided third part of the needed amount, then I sold several Kyotos and Aran and it's been done. :)
I hope you got the blueprints before you sold the Aran, you only get one! :D

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 08:54

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 02:00
Sure, I loaded the game right after that :) There were also achievements like "Become an enemy to..." where you have to ruin your reputations too low. I had to destroy many NPC stations to reach such lower ranks, so then immediately loaded the saved game after getting these achievements :)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 04:20

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 08:54
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 02:00
Sure, I loaded the game right after that :) There were also achievements like "Become an enemy to..." where you have to ruin your reputations too low. I had to destroy many NPC stations to reach such lower ranks, so then immediately loaded the saved game after getting these achievements :)
I did that when getting the achievement for blowing up a Solar Power Plant. Admittedly it was kind of accidental because it was already under attack and badly damaged and I just finished it off! :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”