Terran Plot Mission Bugged?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

ChuggzBiggums

Terran Plot Mission Bugged?

Post by ChuggzBiggums » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 05:48

So I recently just managed to get to the Terran plot and decided to try getting on the side of the Terrans just so I can quickly get a hold of their ships to reverse engineer. I got to the point where the big fight out happens and the Terrans are expected to win and they just... didn't? All of the Terran ships got wiped out, including the Kyotos that spawned that I thought were supposed to be invincible. Now I'm stuck with a sector full of hostile M2s, at least 12 whereas I have at best 3 M2s and a handful of M7/M/Ds to deal with them and both the entirety of Argon and Boron have become hostile to me even with positive relations. Luckily I had a save before the choice to pick sides but I want to know if there's a way out of my current situation?

DanKara
x4

Re: Terran Plot Mission Bugged?

Post by DanKara » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 07:16

Be patient ... and wait (out of that sector).
Eventually the Terran 'Victory' will be announced...

I think it was said, that killing the Commonwealth M5-M3 would be sufficient...
Can't say for sure, what action has what impact. I have done Nothing, Killed every Small and killed every Capital - and then had to wait (quite a long time) each time.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 20:30

ChuggzBiggums wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 05:48
So I recently just managed to get to the Terran plot and decided to try getting on the side of the Terrans just so I can quickly get a hold of their ships to reverse engineer. I got to the point where the big fight out happens and the Terrans are expected to win and they just... didn't? All of the Terran ships got wiped out, including the Kyotos that spawned that I thought were supposed to be invincible. Now I'm stuck with a sector full of hostile M2s, at least 12 whereas I have at best 3 M2s and a handful of M7/M/Ds to deal with them and both the entirety of Argon and Boron have become hostile to me even with positive relations. Luckily I had a save before the choice to pick sides but I want to know if there's a way out of my current situation?
Check your ships (shift+c; scroll down) Friend / Foe settings. The game will toggle it to mark them as enemy so you can target them easier with things like tracking missiles, etc... This will make everything show as enemy even if it isn't.

Only 1 Kyoto is invincible, and that's the one you meet at the start. It does wander off.

A bomber or missile frigate is extremely dangerous to other capital ships. So if you decide to go that genocide route, tank it for real with there rep, that is an option.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ChuggzBiggums

Post by ChuggzBiggums » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 00:58

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 20:30
ChuggzBiggums wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 05:48
Check your ships (shift+c; scroll down) Friend / Foe settings. The game will toggle it to mark them as enemy so you can target them easier with things like tracking missiles, etc... This will make everything show as enemy even if it isn't.

Only 1 Kyoto is invincible, and that's the one you meet at the start. It does wander off.

A bomber or missile frigate is extremely dangerous to other capital ships. So if you decide to go that genocide route, tank it for real with there rep, that is an option.
The shift-C change worked, thanks for that. It seems the invincible Kyoto wandered off to another sector so I'll turn off the guidance on that mission and just play the game normally. My relations with the Boron and Argon are still pretty good but not enough for me to be killing dozens of their M2s. Hopefully enough of the Argon/Boron ships wander into the sector with the Kyoto that the mission will complete itself down the line, but this seems like another oversight by the devs.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”