Bailing mechanics changed?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Bailing mechanics changed?

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 03:36

I have a feeling something is wrong since I reached the Assassin fighting rank.

Yesterday, while I was ploughing through the entire Mercenaries' Rift, killing 50-100 pirate fighters, not a single one of them bailed.
Today, I found a lone pirate Blastclaw Prototype. Console confirmed that he only has 10 morale. After blasting its hull to 70%ish for 30 times on a PBE-wielding Agamemnon, I gave up.

Bailing works fine early since I capped all my Mule transporters. I also got an arrow while at fighting rank harmless. For some reason non-trader ships just don't bail that often it seems.

Deathifier
xr

Re: Bailing mechanics changed?

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 06:43

Whenever I go on a boarding operation I usually see a trail of abandoned ships behind me from bailed fighters chasing my M7 and being hit by flak.

I don't think anything changed with bailing in v1.3 and whilst I have not played v1.3 much I haven't seen any signs that the mechanics changed and when I was hunting down specific ships I had no trouble getting them to bail.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 09:44

The main change to bailing in FL is that you have a hidden Honour rank that effects your bailing chance.

If you kill or enslave the bailed pilots it decreases your chance of future bails.

Also if you comm to surrender freight and then kill the ship it also decreases the chance.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 11:51

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 09:44
The main change to bailing in FL is that you have a hidden Honour rank that effects your bailing chance.

If you kill or enslave the bailed pilots it decreases your chance of future bails.

Also if you comm to surrender freight and then kill the ship it also decreases the chance.

Interesting, I usually pick up the bailed out pilot and take him where he/she wants to go (I actually do that even when pilots bail out after they offer to sell their ship), is that by any chance seen as an attempt to enslave them?

I am asking as come to think of it, it looks as if less pilots are bailing out recently or maybe it is just a coincidence.

I wouldn't want the game to misinterpret my good intentions.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 12:14

if you pick up them and deliver them to their destination it should increase your honour, which should increase your bail chance

ArchmageFil
xr

Post by ArchmageFil » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 15:28

How curious, but what happens if I first catch it and then throw it back into space?
And what will happen if he suffocates afterward or is eaten by xenons? (for example, in an unclaimed sector near xenon sector 534 - there is simply nowhere to land)

How many interesting things about the game can be found on the forum. And the same amount is silent in the wiki or game encyclopedia. For example, the mechanics of the global blacklist, I thought that it just didn’t work well, but in the depths of the forum I found out that specific commands need to be configured. This is somewhat embarrassing.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 16:16

ArchmageFil wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 15:28
How curious, but what happens if I first catch it and then throw it back into space?
They'll head for the closest station. In a sector with no station, they'll just float in place. Pre-1.3, ejecting a passenger would reset their destination station, allowing you to pick them up again and deliver them to a more convenient station when desired. In 1.3 that got broken. If you ejected and recovered a passenger, their status remains "in space" and the destination remains the original station. I don't know if you can even deliver them to the original station after ejecting them.

I hope this gets fixed in the next patch. I hope there is a next patch.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 22:43

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 12:14
if you pick up them and deliver them to their destination it should increase your honour, which should increase your bail chance
Great!

It is good to be good.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 00:59

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 09:44

Nooooooooo, I KNEW it, I killed every single one of them bailed pilots! Right now my space suit kill count is sitting at 39 and nobody is bailing whatsoever.

Is delivering them to their desired station the only way to increase honor? And by how much (I assume by the amount of honor you lose by killing one, right?)

If I force a TP ship to bail and deliver all passengers to their destination will that help me gain more honor somehow?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 01:58

demanding ships to surrender and drop freight will also increase honour if you let them go after they drop thier freight.
but returning bailed pilots is the best way to increase it.

passengers dont count, only the pilots do.

there are other ways to improve your success chance however, like having more guns on your ship or the system override software installed increases your chances as well

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 02:16

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 01:58
demanding ships to surrender and drop freight will also increase honour if you let them go after they drop thier freight.
but returning bailed pilots is the best way to increase it.

passengers dont count, only the pilots do.

there are other ways to improve your success chance however, like having more guns on your ship or the system override software installed increases your chances as well
Good to know! Since I struggle to get anyone to bail now, I'll be terrorizing a lot of ships to drop freights.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 07:52

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 16:16
ArchmageFil wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 15:28
They'll head for the closest station. In a sector with no station, they'll just float in place. Pre-1.3, ejecting a passenger would reset their destination station, allowing you to pick them up again and deliver them to a more convenient station when desired. In 1.3 that got broken. If you ejected and recovered a passenger, their status remains "in space" and the destination remains the original station. I don't know if you can even deliver them to the original station after ejecting them.

I hope this gets fixed in the next patch. I hope there is a next patch.
If they start in a system with no station, ejecting them in a system with one should give them one. It works for me all the time.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 10:47

From my 1.3 experience, once you eject the pilots, their status remains "in space" even if you pick them up again. Previously, the status would say what ship they were currently on. It's like the game doesn't even recognize that you've picked up the pilots again.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 05:44

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 10:47
From my 1.3 experience, once you eject the pilots, their status remains "in space" even if you pick them up again. Previously, the status would say what ship they were currently on. It's like the game doesn't even recognize that you've picked up the pilots again.
Then there is a problem in your installation. I do it all the time. If a pilot has no destination when I pick them up, I simply eject them in a system with stations, pick them back up and then they give me a destination. Example of where I like to hunt is Savage Spur. No stations are present. I get frequent bails. I pick them up, go to Empires Edge, and eject. Then I scoop them back up. They then have the nearest station as there destination. The difference sounds like, when I scoop them up they don't have an information option present. Only eject. Sounds like something may be bugged for you.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:12

Did you upgrade to 1.3? That only started happening to me in 1.3.

Also, the big problem is when the pilots want to go to a station that's inconvenient for me. I can't reset their destination anymore. It's frustrating. I'm keeping them in the hopes that an update will fix the issue.

Speaking of which, I verified my files and nothing's changed.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 15:43

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:12

Also, the big problem is when the pilots want to go to a station that's inconvenient for me. I can't reset their destination anymore. It's frustrating. I'm keeping them in the hopes that an update will fix the issue.

I can confirm when you eject a pilot their destination changes to the nearest station. However when you pick them up it changes back.

I don't think it's a bug. It was unrealistic before how they try to travel 18 sectors in a space suit.

Now I go to the goner temple and release them there if they want to go to a station I can't dock at.

Come to think of it, I wonder if a pilot's destination will become one of the Xenon stations if I eject them nearby.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 17:38

fireanddream wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 15:43

I can confirm when you eject a pilot their destination changes to the nearest station. However when you pick them up it changes back.

I don't think it's a bug. It was unrealistic before how they try to travel 18 sectors in a space suit.
It is a bug. Once it changes to the nearest station, why should it change back to the original? Also, note the "Status" entry, it should show the name of the ship carrying the pilot. Once you pick them up after ejecting them, it still shows "in space".
Come to think of it, I wonder if a pilot's destination will become one of the Xenon stations if I eject them nearby.
They do try to go to the Xenon station. I forced a bail in a Xenon sector and that's what the pilot tried to do.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:58

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:12

I jumped on 1.3 as soon as it began beta. The only time they don't pick a new destination is if it is already set. So for that reason I do not scoop them up in sectors that are hostile to me.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 00:49

Cycrow wrote:
Where do you find your honor stat?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 02:14

johneh77 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 00:49
Cycrow wrote:
Where do you find your honor stat?
Hidden stat.... does not show even when you activate script editor. Of course, I may just be looking in the wrong place.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”