Miners in early game (story mode)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

johneh77
xr

Miners in early game (story mode)

Post by johneh77 » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 02:57

Hey I bought a Demeter miner while still in the initial sectors I started multiplying it and ran into the trouble of them loosing hull since I don't have access to shields yet.

Is their any fix for this? I was wondering if maybe they could use transporter device or would that be a waste of money?

fireanddream
xr

Re: Miners in early game (story mode)

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 06:39

From what I heard mining is better done remotely to skip the all the collusion avoidance and accidental ramming into a rock that has not been broken down enough times. I've done player ship mining with a PSG-mounting Agamemnon and found it a chore.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 08:13

johneh77 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 02:57
Hey I bought a Demeter miner while still in the initial sectors I started multiplying it ...
Hope you already built your first station (not HQ) or else still have some QuantumTubes (15) and RastaOil (32) for (later?) plot-missions...
You can repair your TS's with the repair laser (part of your spacesueit and later of drones) for free or in the HQ or (later shipyards) for ressources and/or credits.
Let them mine Out-Of-Sector (OOS) your are in to minimize the damage they incurr.

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 04:26

I knew to mine OOS but they seem to get damaged anyway. I told them from the release day you need access to shields in the early game at least 5 and 25mj. Really think They should give you a blueprint for them for building the new gate thing.
I just decided to start over and see if everything is fixed yet. I hadn't done ay mining in FL so was wondering if that had been fixed from earlier games.

Edit: Yes sent three to the Void Eta 2 now have 2% hull they definitely lose hull even if you aren't in sector!
Last edited by johneh77 on Sat, 15. Jan 22, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 06:59

So collisions are calculated randomly for OOS mining. This is intentional and is unlikely to be changed. I can tell you that even with shields OOS miners still take damage. The best mining you can do is to do it yourself. Or get lucky and purchase a mining capable ship from a random seller which has full shields. There rare, but do appear for sale in early game. Question is, is do you have the necessary credits to pay. Your looking at likely 5 million credits.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”