Unable to dock at PHQ

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Unable to dock at PHQ

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 19:48

So this is just about broken for me. I have docked at my PHQ in Great Reef Alpha....and they WILL not LEAVE....2 NMMC and 2 Jonferco transports. One of those Jonferco has been docked since I put the PHQ there on about day 12, I am now on day 35 and he is still there.

I did notice them undock a couple times for about a half a second. But they re-dock immediately. I now have no use of "4" of my external docking points for M6, M8, TS, TP, TM etc.... This is now impacting my ability to bring supplies in through normal transports.

Beyond frustrated.....
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Unable to dock at PHQ

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:20

First, set all goods to Storage, so they can't buy or sell anything. Then set NPCs docking to no. After this, then we can see about kicking them out.
Check the info on each ship and note the name of the pilot. Then, Comm the HQ, look for that person and demand they surrender. Keep doing that until they undock and turn hostile to you. Then it's up to you how you want to resolve the situation. I don't know if you can talk them down, but you can certainly shoot them out of their ships.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 21:46

Only problem with demanding surrender is the fact that I am in a Boron Core sector. I have several Boron bombers and M6's not far from my station. Not to mention an entire squad of Teladi Police that spawned after I kept an M7. And that includes 2 Teladi Peregrine. It may piss them off. "Jonferco" is Argon and ally to Boron. And they will come to their defense. Same with the NMMC ships. If they were Paranid or Split, it wouldn't be a problem.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 03:27

That's what savegames are for. If you're concerned about aggressive reactions, ramming should destroy the ships before too many locals turn hostile.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 05:33

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 03:27
That's what savegames are for. If you're concerned about aggressive reactions, ramming should destroy the ships before too many locals turn hostile.
Yea that didn't work. All 4 would not undock. And I set the station hostile / enemy to there respective groups. One of the pilots did surrender credits though. Spawned 55k credits at the center of the map, but none of them undocked. Did it repeatedly. Watched my rep start to fall with all there races. I simply cannot dock anything at my PHQ anymore, which means it facilities are off limits to anything not a fighter, or capital ship. We need an option to force eject ships from it.

If you want to have a go, have at it. Here is a link to my save file.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19b1W87 ... sp=sharing
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 06:25

I just remembered, there's one other thing you can try. Pack up the station. You need a TL with Build mk2 and enough room for all materials in the HQ (or unload it onto other ships) then you can pack up the station.
The ships that were docked will try to follow the TL, even across multiple sectors, that gives you an opportunity to do something about them.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 16:08

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 06:25
I just remembered, there's one other thing you can try. Pack up the station. You need a TL with Build mk2 and enough room for all materials in the HQ (or unload it onto other ships) then you can pack up the station.
The ships that were docked will try to follow the TL, even across multiple sectors, that gives you an opportunity to do something about them.
Makem cross a Xenon sector. lol.... I now have 5 docked, with a queue forming outside the PHQ. One of which is same type that won't leave, and can only put wares in my station via TL. This also means my PHQ is effectively null as a trading station as no other TS/TP traders can dock.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 01:57

So moving from Great Reef Alpha to the unclaimed sector off unseen domain left those traders drifting alone in space. So far they have not begun traveling to my PHQ after placing it in the other sector. But I also have NPC trading off.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:45

The HQ is just badly designed, it only has 5 docking ports for TM/TP/TS/M6/M8 ships.
One option would be a mod that wont trigger a modified using the old TC/AP HQ scene instead.
Or if you are fancy like me another scene that matches your taste: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2693314609
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 04:13

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:45
The HQ is just badly designed, it only has 5 docking ports for TM/TP/TS/M6/M8 ships.
One option would be a mod that wont trigger a modified using the old TC/AP HQ scene instead.
Or if you are fancy like me another scene that matches your taste: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2693314609
5 M6 level docking is definitely not enough. The HQ will most likely have at least one TS, one TP, and maybe another M6 (hyperion/springblossom) regardless of playstyle, not to mention potentially TS ships from other complexes supplying the HQ. That's already 3-4 docked all day. I set the HQ to hostile to everybody just to prevent multiple NPC TP ships clogging the docks.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 07:40

fireanddream wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 04:13
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
5 M6 level docking is definitely not enough. The HQ will most likely have at least one TS, one TP, and maybe another M6 (hyperion/springblossom) regardless of playstyle, not to mention potentially TS ships from other complexes supplying the HQ. That's already 3-4 docked all day. I set the HQ to hostile to everybody just to prevent multiple NPC TP ships clogging the docks.
I'd do that except for I enjoy the Nividium Sales. It's like they dock, the ware is not there, so they don't know what to do next. I did get a kick out of getting a first delivery of energy cells from an NPC Energy Transporter. But I did claim the sector off unseen domain to use. The npc ships are starting to build back up though. This time got an NMMC and TerraCorp that won't leave. And I know it's not a pathing issue. Home of Light Alpha is only 5 sectors away via Hub.

For M6 sized craft, there is a work around for docking them somewhere. Boron Equipment Dock holds unlimited up to M6.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 07:18

Not sure if this issue is still of importance...

I took a look at the savegame, that BrigandPhantos had provided.
Docked at the Spacelab were 2x Jonferco-TS and 2x NMMC-TC. All running a job as 'free trader' (but no more intel why stucked).

I called each pilot (in sector) via Comms of the Spacelab and requested their Freight or Ship. After 1-5 calls each ship got red and undocked. Now they are no more ... and instead there are now floating around 4000 units of Nividium in space. Rep-Loss to ARGON and NMMC were minimal (-30% of the current rank).
Some Boron Police ship became red. I jumped out, took a look at the sector map - all ships are blue again.

Edit: No need to kill. In a second test I jumped away as soon as all 4 had undocked. They now seem to have resumed their free trade and are flying away...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 2. Feb 22, 00:32

DanKara wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 07:18
Not sure if this issue is still of importance...

I took a look at the savegame, that BrigandPhantos had provided.
Docked at the Spacelab were 2x Jonferco-TS and 2x NMMC-TC. All running a job as 'free trader' (but no more intel why stucked).

I called each pilot (in sector) via Comms of the Spacelab and requested their Freight or Ship. After 1-5 calls each ship got red and undocked. Now they are no more ... and instead there are now floating around 4000 units of Nividium in space. Rep-Loss to ARGON and NMMC were minimal (-30% of the current rank).
Some Boron Police ship became red. I jumped out, took a look at the sector map - all ships are blue again.

Edit: No need to kill. In a second test I jumped away as soon as all 4 had undocked. They now seem to have resumed their free trade and are flying away...
I moved the station by packing it up. They never followed. The problem has not as of yet re-occurred. I did when I tried demanding surrender have one of them give me a bunch of credits. That was actually kinda funny.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Wed, 2. Feb 22, 13:50

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
The model path is changed for the headquarter so a TC/AP version will need modification to work.
I made a FL compatible version of the old Super Player Headquarter V1.0 mod by Zeron-mk7.
This mod has 32 capital ships docks and internal docking for everything else, and is vanilla safe.
Regards.
Mark

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 09:41

Internal docks for the PHQ sound like a good idea... until you accidentally recycle the wrong ship. It's why I prefer to keep my small and medium class ships in a Boron EqD instead.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 22:30

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 09:41
Internal docks for the PHQ sound like a good idea... until you accidentally recycle the wrong ship. It's why I prefer to keep my small and medium class ships in a Boron EqD instead.
For that reason alone, I am soooo glad they added a confirmation. Too bad they didn't for RE. The Aran is also a decent place to store some ships. Also don't discount the Teladi and Argon Trading docks. They both have internal hangers for fighters.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 5. Feb 22, 07:12

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 4. Feb 22, 22:30

For that reason alone, I am soooo glad they added a confirmation.
If you have a few hundred ships docked like I do in the Boron Dock, even a confirmation won't help.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 5. Feb 22, 08:20

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 5. Feb 22, 07:12
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 4. Feb 22, 22:30

For that reason alone, I am soooo glad they added a confirmation.
If you have a few hundred ships docked like I do in the Boron Dock, even a confirmation won't help.
I have 80 fighters docked at my PHQ. And I have 4 Boron Equipment Docks. 2 of which have quite a few docked ships. I once made the mistake of recycling a Colossus in AP. Thankfully I had done it after saving my game. It was still a panic in the moment.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”