Traders Ignoring Blacklist to Scavenge

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

Traders Ignoring Blacklist to Scavenge

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 18:17

Well this is weird when I am attacking ships in sectors that are added to the ignore blacklist and traders jump in to scavenge energy cells Ignore list is not set to yes in global :o :?
[" thank you "]

fireanddream
xr

Re: Traders Ignoring Blacklist to Scavenge

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 20:09

This is actually how I found out they can have a scavenger duty :)
Turned that shat off immediately.

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:03

I'm just using the auto global blacklist, so I have a bunch of races set to Block, but Station Managers and even Universe Traders just don't seem to care. I'm always catching them dying in pirate sectors. The best bit is when I'm killing things in a Xenon sector and energy cells drop, suddenly a bunch of my Station Managers come racing through the gate to pick stuff up and promptly get exploded. It's a shame because I think the auto scavenging feature is a really good idea.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 13:14

ITFUncleDave wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:03
I'm just using the auto global blacklist, so I have a bunch of races set to Block, but Station Managers and even Universe Traders just don't seem to care. I'm always catching them dying in pirate sectors. The best bit is when I'm killing things in a Xenon sector and energy cells drop, suddenly a bunch of my Station Managers come racing through the gate to pick stuff up and promptly get exploded. It's a shame because I think the auto scavenging feature is a really good idea.
It may help to set up a few commands to use the global blacklist. In the global blacklist menu you can see a tab called command chain or something. Pick a few commands related to trading, refueling and ware collecting and set them to use the global blacklist. I asked about this and from Cycrow's explanation it seems the commands issued by whoever will obey the blacklist chained to them. I also had traders flying through pirate and Xenon sectors in previous save, but not any more since I set this up.

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 13:27

I was assuming Global blacklist would apply to all commands automatically.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 13:34

ITFUncleDave wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 13:27
I was assuming Global blacklist would apply to all commands automatically.
LOL I always think of them as YOUR personal global blacklist. Station managers do whatever the hell they want.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:23

Station manager should follow the individual blacklists of the ships. So make sure the ships are selected to the correct profile and dont have the ignore blacklist option set

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 20:13

I've confirmed that Universal traders in 1.3 ignore the Global Blacklist and also Custom Blacklists. The only way I've found to keep them out of enemy sectors is to change their individual friend/foe lists.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”