Am I supposed to put Satellite Network (enemies) on YES or NO?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Am I supposed to put Satellite Network (enemies) on YES or NO?

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 09:26

It's on YES on default, which I assume means the station manager will stop any trade ships from going into a sector if there are enemies detected by a satellite there.

However, with my global satellite network profile (the only profile I have) set up like this https://imgur.com/a/kqJ4rGs I saw one of my ships, on a sell E-cell command, charged into a Xenon J in the middle of Akeela's Beacon as if that's its everyday business.

And another question. In the global blacklist setting there's a tab called "command" where I can configure a command link for a blacklist profile. No idea what it does or what it is for.

A third question for the devs and everyone: is SEWN wing still a thing any more? I don't think I know how to set up a security force to jump in and eradicate enemies detected by a satellite.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Am I supposed to put Satellite Network (enemies) on YES or NO?

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 11:35

fireanddream wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 09:26
It's on YES on default, which I assume means the station manager will stop any trade ships from going into a sector if there are enemies detected by a satellite there.

However, with my global satellite network profile (the only profile I have) set up like this https://imgur.com/a/kqJ4rGs I saw one of my ships, on a sell E-cell command, charged into a Xenon J in the middle of Akeela's Beacon as if that's its everyday business.
yes, you set it to on to avoid enemies in sectors.

however, the satellites will only detect enemies that are visible (in range of your assests), and the station manager only checks when it picks the destination. So the sector could have been clear when it decided to go there, then the enemies appeared later.
fireanddream wrote:
And another question. In the global blacklist setting there's a tab called "command" where I can configure a command link for a blacklist profile. No idea what it does or what it is for.
This allows you to link a profile directly to a ship command. So for example, you can create a profile and like it to the Universe Trade command, therefore any ships running as UT will use that profile instead of the global one.

fireanddream wrote:
A third question for the devs and everyone: is SEWN wing still a thing any more? I don't think I know how to set up a security force to jump in and eradicate enemies detected by a satellite.
No, there are no SEWN wings

fireanddream
xr

Re: Am I supposed to put Satellite Network (enemies) on YES or NO?

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 21:33

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 11:35

This allows you to link a profile directly to a ship command. So for example, you can create a profile and like it to the Universe Trade command, therefore any ships running as UT will use that profile instead of the global one.

No, there are no SEWN wings
Hi Cycrow, thanks for the reply. Super helpful. I have another dilemma though. I homebased all my combat ships to the HQ because in that case I get a very convenient "jump home" command without having to navigate the command console, but then I can't run a station manager on the HQ because all my combat ships will be stripped of E-cells upon landing (they will take enough E-cells with them when they undock, but I can't tell them to jump somewhere else when they are docked, because they have 0 E-cells on them), even if the ships are set to duty = none in the station manager restriction menu. They even store all the mosquitos back to the HQ and do not take any when they undock. As a result I just gave up running a station manager command on my HQ. Is there an alternative/workaround for this?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”