How can convert the passanger to marine?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

genecode
x4

How can convert the passanger to marine?

Post by genecode » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 18:24

Hi. I picked up the astronaut from captured ship. Is it possible to make a marine out of him? Without mods.
Last edited by genecode on Sun, 9. Jan 22, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Nagittchi
x4

Re: How can convert the passanger to marine?

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 20:30

Only way I figured out is to build your own marine rehabilitation

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 05:29

You need to get a barracks from Strong Arms in Rhonkar's Trial. Once it's deployed, you can add passengers to the build queue of the barracks. Then, provided the station has adequate resources, it'll turn them into marines over time. These marines can be put to use immediately or returned to the barracks for additional training.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 05:50

Picked up astronauts have 2 uses. If you show information on them, they will list a destination they want and offer you credits to take them there. That amount is shown with the destination. You will not get a notification when you dock. But the credit will show up in your account transactions.

As for training marines, Split Strong Arms has the marine barracks. You will also need Rastar Oil and Disintegrater Rifles. All factories can be stolen via diplomate from either Split or Strong Arms if you don't possess the rep to purchase directly. Rastar Oil needs both a Chelt Aquarium and Rastar Refinery. You can also get both items from merchants found randomly at stations. The Rifles are marked as illegal everywhere so be aware of that.

As for the destination of that pilot / passenger.

Either take the pilot to there destination, or to your Marine Training Barracks. (Only yours). You will have an option to trade them to the station. This trade incurrs a negative rep drop across the board. But adds them to the training as you are essentially enslaving them. (You can also take them to a pirate base to turn into a slave first. Slaves are illegal though.)

Slaves - These can be purchased randomly from the black market's at Trading Stations. Just remember they are illegal so if you get caught, expect police to become upset with you. I purchase them remotely via TP, then dock the TP with an Ozias. Prevents police from discovering them. Then fly the Ozias (Goner TL) to your Training Barracks (OOS), and send the TP from the TL to the station. Then the same as with a passenger, trade with the Training Barracks. It will begin training automatically. There is no rep loss for sending slaves to your barracks this way.

Upgrading the Marine Training Barracks..... Each upgrade up to 3 will add one of the 3 skills to the training. When training at your own training barracks, the lowest stat they should ever get is 40. Provided that stat is being trained.

I tried to anticipate any other questions and hope this proves helpful to you.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 05:54

Tubman Award:
Spoiler
Show
If your interested in this achievement on steam, buy the required slaves and sendem to the Goner Temple. Slaves are not illegal in Goner Space. The option to release becomes available when a ship with slaves docks there. The required amount is listed with the achievements.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 06:33

Isn't it possible to convert picked-up-pilots, passengers or slaves into "mercenaries" at the Pirate-Rehab-stations?
I'm fairly sure that was an option with slaves in earlier games (similar to freeing them).
Or is it gone?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 08:01

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 06:33
Isn't it possible to convert picked-up-pilots, passengers or slaves into "mercenaries" at the Pirate-Rehab-stations?
I'm fairly sure that was an option with slaves in earlier games (similar to freeing them).
Or is it gone?
I've never docked at one, so I don't actually know. But I know for certain that the Marine Barracks of the Factions, you cannot do that with. I tried taking slaves and passengers to it, never had an option to do anything with either.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 10:43

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 06:33
Or is it gone?
I have enslaved passengers at pirate bases, freed slaves at the Goner Temple but never turned someone directly into a merc myself.
And according to this it was never possible, all pretense.
... and I fell into the trap of wishfull thinking. :doh:
Shame on me!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 11:30

you can take them to the rehab facility, enslaved them, then sell the slaves to the station. This will then result in the station creating new marines.

so it indirectly trains them to marines, this is how it worked in TC/AP, and is still available in FL.
You dont get access to the marine once its trained though, you have to buy it back, so it acts more like a normal factory where you sell it resources (slaves) and buy its products (mercenaries).

you own training brackets will train pilot/passengers directly without needing to convert them to slaves first (so they even keep their names/races)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 22:24

Is there a better way to create them than converting pilots of bailed ships? I did three that way so I could get the first upgrade, seems like a slow & inefficient way of doing it though.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 23:00

Buy slaves on the Black Market. And you can turn them into marines directly.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:12

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 22:24
Is there a better way to create them than converting pilots of bailed ships? I did three that way so I could get the first upgrade, seems like a slow & inefficient way of doing it though.
You'll find slaves numbering in the thousands through the Black Market.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:33

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:12
Sovereign01 wrote:
Does the black market account for the race who the trading station belongs to, or will any trading dock do?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:40

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:33
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
Does the black market account for the race who the trading station belongs to, or will any trading dock do?
It either cycles through the races, or it's random.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:04

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 06:40
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I found some at the third or fourth Teladi trading station, brought a large TS so I could get them all at once. Got an 800K smuggling fine and the "jail time" achievement when I got them! :lol: 100 lucky ones will go to the Goners for their freedom, the rest... I'm gonna need to add a disintegrator rifle fab to one of my complexes I think! :twisted:

EDIT: And two Ore mines.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 07:29

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:04
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

I found some at the third or fourth Teladi trading station, brought a large TS so I could get them all at once. Got an 800K smuggling fine and the "jail time" achievement when I got them! :lol: 100 lucky ones will go to the Goners for their freedom, the rest... I'm gonna need to add a disintegrator rifle fab to one of my complexes I think! :twisted:

I got that achievement too. Seems to only happen when you buy too many "prisoner's with jobs." :lol:

Don't forget those rifles need Rastar Oil. As do the "prisoner's with jobs."

I begun adding Yaki recruits to my training queues as well. Though I do sometimes drop the fish off at some destinations. "I will remember you, Boron, now stay living."
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 19:03

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 07:29
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:04
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I got that achievement too. Seems to only happen when you buy too many "prisoner's with jobs." :lol:

Don't forget those rifles need Rastar Oil. As do the "prisoner's with jobs."

I begun adding Yaki recruits to my training queues as well. Though I do sometimes drop the fish off at some destinations. "I will remember you, Boron, now stay living."
I got that covered, the complex produced shipbuilding materials as end products (as well as some fuel & weed), one of which is Rastar Oil which goes from end product to intermediate. Because the barracks can't be complexed I put it in the Xenon Hub sector along with the HQ and will have a spare TS ferry materials as needed.

EDIT: When I sent the TS to the Goner Temple I accidentally released all the slaves. Since that got me the "release 100" achievement I just reloaded. Not that I ever plan on needing that many, I'm training the bare minimum necessary to fully upgrade the barracks, seems it does train faster than NPC ones, at least for engineering so far.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”