Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Andrea92

Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

Post by Andrea92 » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 21:48

As title says. Is there any difference in the total cost you need to sustain or resources that you need to put in the hq to build stations of different races? They all have different prices when you buy stations, so I wondered if there's a noticeable difference (long term) in preferring a certain race

fireanddream
xr

Re: Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 23:53

If a factory requires food it would be food from that race, if not they are mostly interchangeable. Teladi mines and Boron sola r+ food loops are the cheapest, for example.

Andrea92

Re: Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

Post by Andrea92 » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 10:33

fireanddream wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 23:53
If a factory requires food it would be food from that race, if not they are mostly interchangeable. Teladi mines and Boron sola r+ food loops are the cheapest, for example.
yeah yeah when buying, sure. But when you make them in the hq, do they have different resources requirements?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 21:20

Pretty sure production resources needed are proportionate to station's purchase price. Boron tech stations are generally cheaper than other races so I usually go with their stations. They're missing some key factories (Lasertower, 2GJ etc) and I think Argons are the cheapest for those.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 22:54

Easy answer solution: When choosing a preference, I'd base this off where I intend to build it. You want food sources to be close by after all. Other than that, it is up to personal preference. Who do you plan to be at war with, and who do you plan to be friendly with. :)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 23:22

Another question, are there stations that are exclusive to a certain race? Please do not consider food stations nor variations of the same stations due to different food inputs

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 06:10

Andrea92 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 23:22
Another question, are there stations that are exclusive to a certain race? Please do not consider food stations nor variations of the same stations due to different food inputs
Yes, different races have stations unique to them.

For example most of the Ion type weapons are exclusive to the Boron, some projectile and flak weaopns are Teladi, and most races have their own specific missiles.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 10:55

most of the weapon and shield factories are not available by all races, although they are generally available from about 2-3 so not unique to one race

Majaglit is only available from Paranid (used for all Satellite factories)
some Drone factories are only available from Boron/Atreus
The Beam weapons and marine training barracks from Strong Arms

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 06:06

Massom (for Drone Mk1) is the split equivalent to Majaglit, and Cloth Rimes (too many uses) the Argon equivalent.

Gauss Weapons - Teladi
Ion (Disruptor, Generator, Cannon) - Boron
Phased Shockwave Generator - Paranid
Teladianium - Teladi
Pulsed Beam Emitter and Ionshard Railgun are Split (Xenon seem to use PBE's a lot and drop them frequently)
Phased Repeater Gun - Argon
Terran's have there own line of weapons entirely across the board.
Plasma Burst Generator - Pirates
Incendiary Bomb Launcher - Pirates
Pirates Side-arm - Pirates
Disruptor Fab - Yaki
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 11:40

thank you all

also, while looking in a boron shipyard catalogue I see that one of the ships has the name in yellow with a * at the end of it. what does it mean?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 12:09

the ships that are highlighted in yellow are the ones that have been made available via Diplomacy (Special Ships)

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:24

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 12:09
the ships that are highlighted in yellow are the ones that have been made available via Diplomacy (Special Ships)
is it possible that after 4 attemptes my diplomatic couldn't get a single ship blueprint? I'm sure I sent him to the argon and there's not a single special ship in any of their shipyards

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 18:58

There's a bug where one of the special ships is available from one of the Boron yards even without using an agent. In some other yards, once special ships have been unlocked by agents, they aren't properly removed by the game and remain available indefinitely. I got special ships at Ianamus Zura Alpha and Heaven's Assertion and they remained available ever since. Saves a lot of time when I want to buy more Ariadnes.

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 19:13

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 18:58
There's a bug where one of the special ships is available from one of the Boron yards even without using an agent. In some other yards, once special ships have been unlocked by agents, they aren't properly removed by the game and remain available indefinitely. I got special ships at Ianamus Zura Alpha and Heaven's Assertion and they remained available ever since. Saves a lot of time when I want to buy more Ariadnes.
why should they be removed? didn't you unlock them to be bought?

also, si there any way to acquire sirokos without buying it? or an equivalent ship for boarding

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:44

also, I noticed that after getting the blueprint I have to pay quite the price before being able to manufacture it. is it possible to reverse engineer a station? I think it would be quite cheaper

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:48

Andrea92 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:24
Cycrow wrote:
is it possible that after 4 attemptes my diplomatic couldn't get a single ship blueprint? I'm sure I sent him to the argon and there's not a single special ship in any of their shipyards
Blueprints and special ships are separate things. The special ships task just makes some new ships available to buy. These ships are only available temporarily. Once the agent return, they remain on sale for about 1 hour (you can leave the agent at the shipyard to keep them available for as long as you need).

Blueprints cant take multiple attempts before they have been acquired. The higher you notoriety the more likely for success.

when stealing, it generally takes more attempts.

however, after each attempt, the success chance increases, so if you keep sending the agent, they will eventually get it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:49

Andrea92 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:44
also, I noticed that after getting the blueprint I have to pay quite the price before being able to manufacture it. is it possible to reverse engineer a station? I think it would be quite cheaper
The price for the blueprint is twice the buy price. You cant reverse engineer a station. You can however steal the plans. The success chance is lowered, but its free when you succeed (and its not limited to good notoriety)

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 21:08

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:48
Andrea92 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:24
Cycrow wrote:
Blueprints and special ships are separate things. The special ships task just makes some new ships available to buy. These ships are only available temporarily. Once the agent return, they remain on sale for about 1 hour (you can leave the agent at the shipyard to keep them available for as long as you need).

Blueprints cant take multiple attempts before they have been acquired. The higher you notoriety the more likely for success.

when stealing, it generally takes more attempts.

however, after each attempt, the success chance increases, so if you keep sending the agent, they will eventually get it
damn I wasted 4 tasks of an agent to acquire ships that I didn't buy. I didn't know they were time limited after unlocking. thx

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 20:10

I found the ships I used the diplomat for, unlocked in a shipyard I didn't check yet. They're still there after days, they didn't disappear.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 20:23

Which yard was it?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”