Unclaimed sectors, how do they work

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Unclaimed sectors, how do they work

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:22

My understanding is that:

1) Not all segregated unclaimed sector will be available in each playthrough. My LFL give me no signal in a few sectors that supposedly have a HSAP.

2) Once I drop 3 relay beacons, I will get the option to build a highway, and then a trading dock to claim it.

3) Once I done no.2, the NPC will claim the next unclaimed sector I discover.

I have discovered about 9 HSAP but hesitant to drop relay beacons, afraid that the NPCs will beat me to some of the best ones.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Unclaimed sectors, how do they work

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:43

only some of the HSAP are activate each day, these are randomly selected at the start of the game.

Once you deploy the beacons, you then have to use the IPDS (Interplanetary Drive System) to visit the sector. Once you have visited, you can then buy the rights to claim the sector from the Explorers Guild. This then allows you to build a TOA to replace the HSAP so all your ships can access the sector. Once this is done, then you can build a trade station to claim the sector itself.

The building of the TOA is what triggers the NPC's to start claiming. This is only triggered once, for the first TOA. After that, they will start to claim other sectors on a timer, regardless of how many you have claimed yourself. The more you claim, the fast the NPC's will start to claim. You are guaranteed at least 1 sector for yourself, and can get about half of the available ones.

The building of your first TOA is also tied to other events, like the unlocking of the next plot.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 16:30

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:43
only some of the HSAP are activate each day, these are randomly selected at the start of the game.
So if I know dead sure a sector has a HSAP, I need to visit it every in-game day until my LFL picks up a signal?
Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:43
This then allows you to build a TOA to replace the HSAP so all your ships can access the sector.
Will they use player's jump beacon in all those commands that involve jumping? If they opt to travel all the way from the south gate of harmony of perpetuity...

Also want to report that the guild answered as if I haven't found a HSAP when I asked them to let me build a TOA. I'm guessing that's their answer if you have any unvisited HSAP in your mission list. Just a minor thing in case you are still making an update.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 16:35

Sorry I meant each game, not each day.

The LFL will always pick up a HSAP, so if its not picking anything up then it's not active, and won't become active later

Once you have built the TOA your ships will use it as a normal sector, however before thay, only the player ships can get there. Like the unfocused sectors from AP.

The guild will only show valid sectors for you to claim, this requires you to visit the sector at least once, not just deploy the beacons, also there are 2 sectors that are reserved and you can't claim, so if you only have unlocked one of those the list will be empty.

The 2 sectors will be the ones that have a gate inside them

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 16:46

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 16:35
Sorry I meant each game, not each day.

The LFL will always pick up a HSAP, so if its not picking anything up then it's not active, and won't become active later

Once you have built the TOA your ships will use it as a normal sector, however before thay, only the player ships can get there. Like the unfocused sectors from AP.

The guild will only show valid sectors for you to claim, this requires you to visit the sector at least once, not just deploy the beacons, also there are 2 sectors that are reserved and you can't claim, so if you only have unlocked one of those the list will be empty.

The 2 sectors will be the ones that have a gate inside them
OK thanks. Yes the first HASP I found led to unknown enemy sector. I visited it, found it dope and strangely peaceful. I was like "hey would be real cool if I homebase here". But then it's starting to feel like what a teen character in a horror movie will do... :roll:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 07:13

fireanddream wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 16:46

OK thanks. Yes the first HASP I found led to unknown enemy sector. I visited it, found it dope and strangely peaceful. I was like "hey would be real cool if I homebase here". But then it's starting to feel like what a teen character in a horror movie will do... :roll:
Yea, never build anything there, or in Sanctuary of Darkness when you find it. lol you'll see why eventually.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”