Rented TLs can't transfer TOAs?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nagittchi
x4

Rented TLs can't transfer TOAs?

Post by Nagittchi » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 19:22

Going through the Terran Spy playthrough and ready to prep and head back to Terran space with their warm welcome of hating me for mingling with the Commonwealth. Finally picked up all the Microchips needed to build a TOA but don't have the option to transfer it to the docked TL in my HQ.
TOA's, despite being ST size, has no option to be transferred to the TL. Tested it out with other ST blueprints and they have the option up top to be transferred.

https://i.imgur.com/kZJgTwG.png

Is this a bug or am I required to buy my own TL to place my own TOA?
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 4. Jan 22, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

DanKara
x4

Re: Rented TLs can't transfer TOAs?

Post by DanKara » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 20:03

AFAIK the dialog to place a TOA is only reached from the Freight-list (Cargo Hold) of the ship that transports the TOA-kit to its destination. It is different from the way you place a station (via Comms-Dialog on rented TL's, or Ship-Commands on owned TL's). I don't think you have access to that Cargo Hold on rented TL's. So it might be good thing that you can't transfer the TOA-kit to a rented TL.

Maybe the Devs couldn't imagine a player capable of building a TOA but not able to build/buy/board his own TL? :mrgreen:
"Terran Spy" starts with you and your HQ in Gunnes Crusade right? Judging from my games this sector is / stays fairly peaceful (though Pirate owned). Lucky you...

(During the Terran Plot your reputation with Terrans/ATF will be reset to low positiv.)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Rented TLs can't transfer TOAs?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 03:16

Due to how the building process works it's not possible for
a rented TL to deploy it.

Transferring a TOA to a rented TL was delibratley removed because of this, to prevent you from losing it

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”