Station manager stops taking control of my ships

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Station manager stops taking control of my ships

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 17:42

I have station manager set in the station commands.

All trade ships set on trade duty.

I also have about 3 million on both the station and my personal account.

Those ships do not have the little M icon next to their names, even though all are home based properly. They just sit at home doing nothing.

I can even issue direct commands on them, even though I shouldn't be able to.

They also show up in the station manager restriction page, which is why I know they technically should still be under station manager's command.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Station manager stops taking control of my ships

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:27

The Station Manager only takes over ships when it issues them commands.

its possible that it has nothing to do, and therefore has no commands to issue.

Do they have Nav MK1 and Trade Command Software installed? (im assuming they do if they are in the restrictions menu)
Do they have jumpdrives, or are their paths being blocked by the blacklist?
Is there any wares the station needs to buy/sell, and are they available within range?

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 19:44

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:27

Do they have Nav MK1 and Trade Command Software installed? (im assuming they do if they are in the restrictions menu)
Is there any wares the station needs to buy/sell, and are they available within range?
They have all of those, and was sitting at the xenon hub where they were apparently comfortable just a moment ago. The problem kinda fixed itself after a couple of hours, when I sold a few ships to get to 66m personal worth, as well as changing the a few enemy settings so I have no idea what happened but they probably got scared of all the red freighters passing through the xenon hub.

I have another question though, if you don't mind.

Right now I have the global friend/foe setting at friends with everyone except the xenon, pirate and yaki. My hub's friend/foe is the same. I have the global blacklist on auto to stop my ships going into hostile sectors. My satellite network will report on capital ships and is enabled on everyone. And finally my station manager restriction is set on Satellite Network(enemies) enable.

Will it achieve the following effect?

Do not visit any split, paranid, xenon, pirate or yaki sectors under any circumstances.
Do not visit a sector where there is an hostile capital ship sighting.
Ignore any hostile non-capital ships that are mostly just freighters minding their own business.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 21:20

For the global blacklist, you have 2 settings, one is auto and one is global friend-foe. The Auto settings does it based on your current notoriety level, whereas the global friend-foe option will so it based on what you have set for it. If they are both actual enemies and set as enemy in your global friend-foe list then either option should work fine

If the satellite network is set to just capital ships, then yes it should ignore freighters (except for TL's).
However, if any ship gets attacked (ie from a turret of a freighter) then that sector is temporarily blocked too (but this only applies to actual damage to your ships)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 08:09

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:27

I also had a similar issue with a Gauss Cannon Forge in Seizewell Alpha. It never once issued a command to the only ship it had homebased to it. It ignored the Sun Oil Refinery within range. So I manually ordered it to jump to it then shut off the station manager. That caused the ship to immediate change it's command to return to home base. Kind of really irritating. So despite having the food factory 2 sectors away, this was entirely within the buy range set for the station, it never sent the ship to buy from it. And never started production. I only noticed this because I was looking for another ship and stumbled upon it.

But also on that note, there is a pathing issue in those systems. Anytime I issue a jump to command to any ship, to send it to Seizewell Alpha, it defaults to the North Gate in Seizewell Gamma. This is despite both the South Gate "and Jump Beacon" in Delta being closer. I also have a Jonferco Mineral Transport sitting pretty in my PHQ in Greef Reef Alpha. It's been there for at least 15 in game days and won't leave.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it can't find a "valid route to destination" to take it home. But thats obviously an opinion since i can't see how the commands it uses work. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 13:30

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 21:20
For the global blacklist, you have 2 settings, one is auto and one is global friend-foe. The Auto settings does it based on your current notoriety level, whereas the global friend-foe option will so it based on what you have set for it. If they are both actual enemies and set as enemy in your global friend-foe list then either option should work fine

If the satellite network is set to just capital ships, then yes it should ignore freighters (except for TL's).
However, if any ship gets attacked (ie from a turret of a freighter) then that sector is temporarily blocked too (but this only applies to actual damage to your ships)
Hi Cycrow, after some testing I found that having cloth rimes as a tradeable item in the station leads to this problem.

Just now I noticed all of my freighters sitting there doing nothing again. One of them loaded 1700ish cloth rimes onto its cargo bay. I put it back to the station, it loaded again.

I took a guess that failing to sell this particular batch of cloth rimes was what blocked the station manager's other commands. I ejected the cloth rimes, remove it as a ware, and what do you know, all the ships start to function normally again.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”