Fusion Beam Cannon Forge complex bug

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Fusion Beam Cannon Forge complex bug

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 02:57

[EDIT: It appears this is caused by including a Fusion Beam factory in a complex. They cause factories to drop at insane distances from center.]

Ran into what appears to be a bug when moving a complex while adding a few new factories. I noticed it was taking forever so I checked and the TL is flying between 2000km and -2000km on the z axis while 'preparing complex plan: flying to position'. Some 33/125 have been moved already, but I'm not sure if the TL is still working or just flying around.

Has anyone else had similar happen? Any work around?
I should have known better than to hire a Teladi TL pilot and pay him by the hour!!! :lol:
Last edited by Hwitvlf on Mon, 3. Jan 22, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Hwitvlf

Re: TL 'wandering' bug when expanding complex

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 11:02

Tried stopping and resuming the complex building and the TL bought a Silicon Mine (which wasn't in the plan) and went into permanent idle.
Made a new plan adding all the existing stations one by one and the TL just started flying way off map again.
Made a new complex adding a few of the old stations and the TL moved some stations then started flying way off the map again.
This started when I added some Terran stations to the complex, not sure if that's the issue.

Don't really want to pack up everything and start again.... Shame, third save breaking bug I've run into in FL. :(

EDIT: I see that when I made a new complex, it dropped some stations way off map and connected them by conduit. This solar plant is about 1200km from center and the conduit leading down from it ends at a Terran station at about 1335,1335,1335. Maybe there's a bug in the complex spacing for some Terran stations?
Image Image

Hwitvlf

Re: TL 'wandering' bug when expanding complex

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 07:21

The pictured Terran factory (which was dropped 1300km off center) is a Fusion Beam Forge. I suspect it's the issue. Has anyone successfully joined one to a complex? There's another post saying its output is incorrect and the model was changed so maybe there's a bug in its files.

The TL probably appeared to be flying back and forth because it was placing stations at insane coordinates. I spent all day re-assembling some 50 of the stations which were in the complex before I started having this issue and the complex completed without issue. Going to try to rejoin the rest of the commonwealth factories to the complex and see how it goes.

Hwitvlf

Re: Fusion Beam Cannon Forge complex bug

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:06

It appears that this is caused by a bug in the Fusion Beam Cannon Forge which makes factories in the complex be placed at extreme distances from sector center.

I fixed it by removing the FBCF from the complex and manually added each individual factory to a new plan. It took a full day (real time) for my TL to reassemble the complex which had been scattered across the sector, but it's working now, so save is not broken, yay!

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 23:44

My god I would have just not visited this sector for the rest of the game and be done with it.

dion_b
x3tc

Post by dion_b » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 02:13

Not sure this behaviour is inevitable. I have a big Terran weapons complex based around a pair of juicy asteroids. It produces all Terran weapons and ammo, so includes an FBC forge. The forge looks like an odd fragment of a Terran station, but otherwise fits neatly in next to the other parts of the complex. I built it in 1.2, so maybe something changed in 1.3.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 08:54

fireanddream wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 23:44
for the rest of the game and be done with it.
Ha, with ~150 factories in the sector, I was a little motivated to recover if possible.
dion_b wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 02:13
Not sure this behaviour is inevitable. I have a big Terran weapons complex based around a pair of juicy asteroids. It produces all Terran weapons and ammo, so includes an FBC forge. The forge looks like an odd fragment of a Terran station, but otherwise fits neatly in next to the other parts of the complex. I built it in 1.2, so maybe something changed in 1.3.
Good to know this. No idea what the variable is. I did start this game in 1.3.
I tried three different complex builds with the FBCF and they all turned out wonky and two complexes without it and they turned out fine. I'm just running it as a separate factory for now.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 09:53

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 08:54
I tried three different complex builds with the FBCF and they all turned out wonky and two complexes without it and they turned out fine. I'm just running it as a separate factory for now.
Did you build you complexes with the complex planer (HephCorp or Build-Mk3) or have you tried to place/connect the FBCF manually?
If this weirdness relates to the FL-unique "collicison avoidance" on station placement: can you circumvent this restriction by towing the FBCF in place (with tractor beam)? I think, I did something like that, whenn adding another Si-Mine to an existing complex (manually).

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:14

Just a question tho, how do you plan you complex?

The complex planner is great in the way that it is integrated into the game, but I struggle to use it to make a proper self-sustaining complex. Old AP calculation tools still work of course, but I have to figure out how fast an XXL version of a station produce compared to their vanilla version, which is a huge chore either way.

Also, for the three beam weapons that could not be acquired, how are FBC, TBC and PBC? How you tried using any of these on a capital ship?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 11:15

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 09:53
Did you build you complexes with the complex planer (HephCorp or Build-Mk3) or have you tried to place/connect the FBCF manually?
If this weirdness relates to the FL-unique "collicison avoidance" on station placement: can you circumvent this restriction by towing the FBCF in place (with tractor beam)?
I used my own TL with build MK3 to add the FBCF to an existing complex. I bet it would work to place the factory close to the existing complex and manually connect it with a link, but if I ever add more factories to the complex, I think it would get bugged again. I might save and give it a try though.
fireanddream wrote: Just a question tho, how do you plan you complex?
The complex planner is great in the way that it is integrated into the game, but I struggle to use it to make a proper self-sustaining complex. Old AP calculation tools still work of course, but I have to figure out how fast an XXL version of a station produce compared to their vanilla version, which is a huge chore either way.
The complex planer is great and rock solid so far as of v1.3 so I would highly recommend it. First step is to make a complex plan. Red = insufficient notoriety to buy, Green = you have blueprint, White = you have enough notoriety to buy. The tool gives you three choices.
1. Add Station: Pick any known station from a list.
2. Add station for product: Choose the product you want to build, and which race to buy it from.
3. Add existing factory or complex: pick an existing factory or complex which will be moved and added to the new complex.

When you have added a station, it shows you resources the factory needs in red and resources produced by the complex in green. If you want a self-sustaining complex, add
factories that produce wares in red until the numbers turn green.

You can change the number of factories in the plan by clicking on it. Also, can change the upgrade level, but that wont change the factory size in the initial build. It's just a tool for planning future factory upgrades. So, if you want a self sustaining complex initially, leave "Upgrade level" at "Default"
If you have a complex already, just use 'add existing' and it will show you what's needed to make it self sustaining.
Also, for the three beam weapons that could not be acquired, how are FBC, TBC and PBC? How you tried using any of these on a capital ship?
The PBC is the deadliest, and great against capitals and missiles. The TBC and FBC seem pretty similar- great against missiles, mediocre against everything else. The benefit of all of them is that they usually hit large targets.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”