[1.3]weird boron rep and other stuff

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

[1.3]weird boron rep and other stuff

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 18:55

I've noticed the boron rep behaving in a weird way in two scenarios.

At the end of the plot, choosing to route the gate to boron sectors nets me LESS rep with the boron than choosing the paranid option.

On two occasions forcing pilots (one boron arrow, one argon phantom) to bail in boron sectors granted me a thank you from the announcer and 500 bucks.

As for the questions.

When I set a good to [tradeable] in station manager menu, I see 3 numbers. In the case of E-cell, they are 16 16 1. I get the option to change the middle number to between 12 and 20, which I assume is the minimal sales price. And the third number is likely to be the number of jumps. Can I not set a minimal buying price?

Back in AP, abducting marines by forcing OOS M7Ms to fire boarding pods at me was no doubt my favorite way to cheat through the early grind. Now it's easier than ever! Before I kinda needed an answer to M7Ms missiles, now I just steal them via hacking and bypass yet another step! :lol:

DanKara
x4

Re: [1.3]weird boron rep and other stuff

Post by DanKara » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 06:13

fireanddream wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 18:55
Back in AP, abducting marines by forcing OOS M7Ms to fire boarding pods at me...
Every day I (still) learn something new! Just love it.

Regarding your police rewards on bails (Arrow, Phantom): I would assume these were Pirates / Yaki / Dukes undercover. A freight scan not always breaks their cover (in my games). But I admit, I got those "Thanks" and bounties a few times when killing/bailing HephCorp-M4's too (no way these were criminals).

Regarding HQ-settings: I think the first number is the normal price (only info), the second number you can change (buy lower than that, sell higher than that; it's not seperate as in X4), the third number indicates the number of jumps where this trade is possible according to your price-setting (just like settings in ordinary stations). To max out profits (/trade rank) your method of 2 stations/complex (one to buy at min, one to sell at max) might be better.

Regarding End of Start-Plot: I think the "Rep Reward" for each selection is pre-defined (absolut). In my very first game I was at max rank with Boron (+7 98%) after the plot my rank was somewhat reduced. Since then I always choose the Dukes (Maelstrom) with no (recognizable) impact on the other ranks (and +2 with Dukes).

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 08:26

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 06:13

Every day I (still) learn something new! Just love it.
Give it a try! In concept basically you exhaust an RRF M7Ms' offensive missiles, then drop your shield and continue to poke it until it fires mosquitos and boarding pods at you. Intercept the pods and you should be able to get 16-20 highly trained marines.

In practice it's a bit more complicated, since the M7M will "cheat jump" straight to one of their shipyard to renew their missiles, you have to chase it there. Once it's in a sector with a shipyard, however, it can do nothing but slowly crawl towards the shipyard, and you can abuse things like collusion avoidance AI to prevent it from docking.

In FL it's even easier to pull off as you don't need an answer to hammer torpedoes any more (before I needed to hide behind a station or use another M7M to counter missile). It's great fun.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 13:18

fireanddream wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 08:26
... then drop your shield ...
Oh ... there is the hook. Flying unshielded ?!
I think I am not brave enough for this adventure. :oops:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 05:00

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 13:18
fireanddream wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 08:26
... then drop your shield ...
Good thing we don't need to drop shields anymore to pick up loot.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 10:14

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 05:00
DanKara wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 13:18
Good thing we don't need to drop shields anymore to pick up loot.
So it might seem, but actually this little feature I do miss. It was a bit more "realistic" with out beeing as annoying as in E:D.
(But gosh ... how many times I forgot to lower the shields (boom) - or raise them afterwards (bigger boom). :doh: )

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”