TC/AP veterans, how is your early game different in FL

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: TC/AP veterans, how is your early game different in FL

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 12:23

You can still manipulate the stock exchange, you just can't do it instantly.

The price of the wares is now the average price over time rather than the current.

So bring in lots of wares to the area will effect the price eventually

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 18:29

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 5. Jan 22, 12:23
The price of the wares is now the average price over time rather than the current.
Good middle-ground between instant cheat and chaotically random. So maybe build a factory in a sector to flood the market with a ware and drive down the stock, then later move the station to bring prices up.
...or the pirate version: buy cheap stock for a ware that is produced in the sector, then take a "Station Defense" mission for the factory that produces the ware and let the hostiles blow it up. :P

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 23:27

100 hours in, looking back we actually have access to some unholy powerful tools to skip through a lot of the grind. A shame that mapping the universe is pretty much as much a chore as it was in AP, however (I wish we can use explorer guild points to unlock info about sectors)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 05:33

fireanddream wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 23:27
100 hours in, looking back we actually have access to some unholy powerful tools to skip through a lot of the grind. A shame that mapping the universe is pretty much as much a chore as it was in AP, however (I wish we can use explorer guild points to unlock info about sectors)
When you purchase sector maps, that should include all current data for those listed. Including any new stations.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 22:21

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 05:33
fireanddream wrote:
When you purchase sector maps, that should include all current data for those listed. Including any new stations.
I keep seeing those for sale even after I've explored said sectors, all they do is tell you the locations of the sectors and not what's in them.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:22

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 22:21
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
fireanddream wrote:
I keep seeing those for sale even after I've explored said sectors, all they do is tell you the locations of the sectors and not what's in them.
For me they will sometimes fill out the station list. Stations can vanish, but the AI can still build new ones. At least it could in AP. So unless this was changed in FL, buying a map will update the sector to the most current information.

Stations can disappear, but unless you visit it, the list of stations (and asteroids "wink"; ie. Unclaimed Sector, Perpetual Sin) will not update to show it if one appears or respawns.

A good example are the stations in the Void. I've seen the Silicon and Ore Mine's get destroyed before. Then when I went back they were suddenly back. Same thing with the Bio Gas factory, even with the Plankton Farm in Epsilon. They eventually returned. But the sector map will not display them in you have not visited the sector or bought a new updated map.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 02:24

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:22
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 22:21
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

For me they will sometimes fill out the station list. Stations can vanish, but the AI can still build new ones. At least it could in AP. So unless this was changed in FL, buying a map will update the sector to the most current information.

Stations can disappear, but unless you visit it, the list of stations (and asteroids "wink"; ie. Unclaimed Sector, Perpetual Sin) will not update to show it if one appears or respawns.

A good example are the stations in the Void. I've seen the Silicon and Ore Mine's get destroyed before. Then when I went back they were suddenly back. Same thing with the Bio Gas factory, even with the Plankton Farm in Epsilon. They eventually returned. But the sector map will not display them in you have not visited the sector or bought a new updated map.
I leave Adv. Satellites in most sectors so I usually have the most recent data unless something happens beyond the sat scanner range. I would prefer if such missions would only appear if something has changed in that sector, to make it worth buying.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 06:08

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 02:24

I leave Adv. Satellites in most sectors so I usually have the most recent data unless something happens beyond the sat scanner range. I would prefer if such missions would only appear if something has changed in that sector, to make it worth buying.
They will never scam you. This mission will guarantee you some info that was missing from your database if you buy all sector info, Coupled with the fact that it's dirt cheap, I buy them every time.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”