Set sector trader range and best selling price locator bug?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Andrea92

Set sector trader range and best selling price locator bug?

Post by Andrea92 » Wed, 29. Dec 21, 22:29

In a post on reddit and in a post here I read that you can set sector traders to actually move within a range from a base sector. How do you do that? I can't find a guide or a command for that. Is a software required?

Also, when using the best selling price locator, it doesn't find any place to sell my stuff. I tried it in the SW part of the map, full of bofu and bogas factories, and after buying bogas it doesn't find anybody to sell it to. If I jump in the sector with the possible buyers it finds them. it's like the first item in the list can only see your current sectors even if you change the settings

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Set sector trader range and best selling price locator bug?

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 01:17

To use a local trader you need to level up the pilot first. Then run the command again and you will get an input to select the sector range. It will then use the selected sector as the centre.

For the best buy/sell it will only show you sectors that you are in or have sateliites in. So you need to deploy a satellite network in the local area

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 05:39

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 01:17
So you need to deploy a satellite network in the local area
Really?
I still use Manualy Operated Remote Traders for most of my trading. Every MORT is fitted with both locators ... and they read local prices just fine? No satellite deployed.
(Though my games freeze from time to time, wich I blame on the use of the locators, not sure.)

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 09:13

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 05:39

I still use Manualy Operated Remote Traders for most of my trading. Every MORT is fitted with both locators ... and they read local prices just fine? No satellite deployed.
(Though my games freeze from time to time, wich I blame on the use of the locators, not sure.)
The Best Buy/Sell locators can now search beyond the sector the ship or satellite is in. On the top right of the window is an indicator that lets you select the range to search. Provided you have satellites in those sectors as well, it seems.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 09:46

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 09:13

The Best Buy/Sell locators can now search beyond the sector the ship or satellite is in. On the top right of the window is an indicator that lets you select the range to search. Provided you have satellites in those sectors as well, it seems.
OMG ... I really get old (and blind). 900h in this game and not seeing this feature. (Or did I already forget about?). :gruebel:

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 13:49

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 01:17
To use a local trader you need to level up the pilot first. Then run the command again and you will get an input to select the sector range. It will then use the selected sector as the centre.

For the best buy/sell it will only show you sectors that you are in or have sateliites in. So you need to deploy a satellite network in the local area
Thank you! I couldn't find instructions for that.

And thank you also for the mod, I love it, even if the dynamic relations are hard to manage.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 14:47

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 09:46

OMG ... I really get old (and blind). 900h in this game and not seeing this feature. (Or did I already forget about?). :gruebel:
I don't use it much myself. Other than energy cells, ore and silicon, I'd use best buy/sell on a sector because I know that's the sector that has/wants that good.
And did you know the best buy/sell window now has two more tabs for barter and black market merchants?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 16:31

Andrea92 wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 13:49
Thank you! I couldn't find instructions for that.

And thank you also for the mod, I love it, even if the dynamic relations are hard to manage.
For additional informations on MK3-Traders (Sector/Local/Universe Trader) you might want to read this Guide or this .

... and there is a way to play X3FL without Dynamic Reputations for the main Commonwealth Races. See the end of this thread .

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”