how to capture M6?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: how to capture M6?

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:26

mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 17:44

cant buy it, i cant buy anything, i have to find one and board it

its one of the rules of this save
Don't worry. Sooner or later you'll see pirates flying one. I captured six from Pirates. Put satellites in Pirate border sectors and you can keep an eye on when choice targets appear. It surprising what you can find Pirates flying in FL.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 01:54

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:26
mediacenter wrote:

Don't worry. Sooner or later you'll see pirates flying one. I captured six from Pirates. Put satellites in Pirate border sectors and you can keep an eye on when choice targets appear. It surprising what you can find Pirates flying in FL.
Indeed, I've seen them flying M7s from other races. Which makes a certain amount of sense when you consider they're one of just two factions that make the IBL so of course they're going to favour ships that can mount them.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 08:43

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:26
mediacenter wrote:

i know i know

in another save i found one first try in split fire, now im i bit unlucky but thats ok, i captured some tl in the meantime

now im planning the next part of the boarding operation

cap an m7m

my plan is to cargo bay hacker every missile and then procede to board the toothless ship
i think i need boarding pods tho, capturing a tl with spacewalk was so tedious, marine spawn like 100 km away from the target sometimes and need hours to reach even an unmoving ship

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 14:29

Board a Yaki M7M they seem to have only Mosquitoes installed, and have only Missiles, that's quite toothless.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Wed, 29. Dec 21, 15:17

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 14:29
Board a Yaki M7M they seem to have only Mosquitoes installed, and have only Missiles, that's quite toothless.
i just boarded this ship :D
it wasnt planned at all, i only wanted to scan the yaki sector for find theyr docking bay and trading station, for my agent to build up rep with them

but the sector senator something was full of ships and my centaur was so slow....... in short i destroyed like 40 m3/m4 before spotting the senshi all alone, so i started the boarding operation becouse why not and i surprisnigly capped the ship with 10 marines losing only 3 of them
then i procede to escape as fast as i can becouse 2 akuma 1 hoshi and a ton of akurei spotted me

result, i barely made it alive but the ship is mine

my centaur survived with 28% hull integrity :lol:

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Tue, 30. Jan 24, 22:35

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Sun, 26. Dec 21, 00:40
Ion-disruptor is a Noob-trap for boarding, stop thinking about it now!(It takes time and grills shield speeding up their reg making everything MORE difficult)
you need:
1 a skilled boarding team, 8 marines with 3stars mechanics 2 with 3 stars hacking, all should have at least 2 stars in combat, prefer Teladi Marines for space walk operations(as most factions ignore them).
2 a TM is a good training target for boarding and a good tank for the m6 boarding so board a TM first.
3 if the enemy has too deadly turrets or annoying shield reg, combat drones are cheap and help a loot and they are much quicker to deploy and use than a Iond ship.
4 choose the right target, a centaur is not really a good combat ship and has many turret to shoot at you and your marines and your TP. choose something with much frontal but less turret firepower that helps in further boarding operations.
A Split Acinonyx Prototype may have 3 turrets but they are toothless PAC's, shield can be brought down quickly and it can field boarding pods.
5 some equipment like transporter salvage insurances or a cargo hacker to clear firestorms from blue targets cargo (or spare weapons and of cause ammunitions).
6 3 ships a Tank a dmg dealer(any m3 with hept's works Aamon is probably the best option) a troop transporter(should be quick >200m/s).

The plan:
the TP stands aside ~4km the TM draws some fire together with the combat drones the M3 kills the shields in you personal control.
Once shields are down quickly teleport to TP enter an almost collision course and drop the marines directly in front of the target.
Teleport back to the M3 and keep the shields down for the hull cutting part.
Than retreat all your ships.

Try your tactic on a few TM first, Yaki are good training targets for TM boarding.
I always acquire my first M6 this way.
actually you need only TP and ~70 Drones Mk1
1). launch all drones and let them chew the shield of m6
2) when shield 0% recall all drones to you with a hotkey
3) when they dock, launch back 15 drones and attack m6, they'll make the shield 0% and do a little damage to hull
4*) if you need some equipment on m6 to be destroyed, like hull polarizer, wait here and sometimes launch a few drones if some were killed. there must be around 15 drones in air and attacking.
5) align your tp with m6's course, and hit full throttle, when you go past him wait for a few seconds (~600m ahead him) then press "Launch all marines" hotkey
6) recall all drones by hotkey when marines passed hull breach stage.

congrats, you're in the m6 now...Meow..

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”