FL-specific encyclopedia entries

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Vanguard3000
x4

FL-specific encyclopedia entries

Post by Vanguard3000 » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 05:04

Hi, all,

I posted links to a few collections I threw together containing in-game encyclopedia entries for the games here. I put them together before Farnham's Legacy came out, and I'd love to update it with the new info, but I don't have the time to actually play the game anymore, much less root through game files for text. Roguey has some of it on his site, but I'm not sure what sectors, stations, etc are new. I'd also need better cut-out images of the ships and new stations.

Anyway, I'm putting out a call for any assistance you fine folks can provide in this matter. And please take some time to check out what I've got so far and let me know what you think!

DanKara
x4

Re: FL-specific encyclopedia entries

Post by DanKara » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 14:44

Very impressiv! Nice epub! Thank you for sharing.

I am not sure how I could contribute to your project though.
There are only two new "systems" ("The Void" and "Holy Vision") and two new ship-classes (M7D and Armored-TS) and one unique M6. The descryptions of the ships are already at Roguys' site. In your lorebook the pictures of stations and ships seem to not come from ingame?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:37

There are also some cut out systems. And don't forget the HSAP and TOA systems count as new sector's as well. Roguey has an updated map for FL that you can use. The PHQ is completely redesigned and Boron also have a new Equipment Dock unique from the rest. It's more in line with the old Terran PHQ, just without the ability to dock more than 2 capital ships.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 11:42

The Boron Equipment Dock has been able to dock an unlimited number of medium-class ships since AP and perhaps even TC. This Dock has been central to my logistics since AP.

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 22:31

DanKara wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 14:44
Very impressiv! Nice epub! Thank you for sharing...
Thanks! The pictures for X2 and the X3 games are taken (usually) from the X3 Model viewer. The BTF pictures are screenshots I cut out, or taken from various sites like Argonopedia (I didn't put credits in because the document was originally for my own use).

What you've provided is already a big help. I'll check those ships and sectors. I'll probably have to dust off the modding tools to get photos again.
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:37
There are also some cut out systems. And don't forget the HSAP and TOA systems count as new sector's as well.
Sorry, it's been a while - What are HSAP and TOA? WOuld you mind listing those sectors and the cut ones by name so I can search them a bit easier? How was the PHQ redesigned? DOes it have a new look and description? If so, is there a good screenshot of it somewhere? Ditto the Terran PHQ - I don't remember that. Ditto the Boron Equipment Dock - from what I remember there weren't any unique equipment docks, and only the super shipyards and trade stations were themed to the factions.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 07:49

Vanguard3000 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 22:31

Sorry, it's been a while - What are ...
Timewise X3FL takes place between X3AP and XR/X4 while the shutdown of jumpgates is still ongoing. Therefore many sectors (star systems) from past games are already missing. The only ingame-gate-shutdown lets the player become stranded in the Start-Plot (no further ingame-shutdowns AFAIK).

To make up in numbers most of the former core sectors are now split up into seperate regions, wich on the universe map are represented with their own „sector“. E.g. „Argon Prime“ became 4 seperate sectors (AP-alpha to AP-delta). Generally these share their description between them, thats why I hadn‘t mention them before. To traverse between these intra-star system-regions Trans-Orbital-Accellerators (TOA) are used, just like in the SOL, ALDRIN and ALBION (in former games).
New game mechanics focus on exploration and expanding the universe. Through the means of the „Low Frequency Locator“ (LFL, graphic proximity scanner) you can find different objects in game. In some sectors you can now find “Hyper Speed Access Points” (HSAP) that once activated takes you to a “far distant region” within the same star system. These “Remote Sector Location” (RSL, on forums mostly “HSAP-sector” or “Beta-sector”) are also represented by their own sector on the universe map. AFAIK only “Nathan’s Voyage-beta” has a slightly different description.
After the activation of the HSAP only the player can enter the RSL (and some random Xenon spawns). You can build a TOA there to open that RSL to other ships. The location of HSAP you have access to varies between games. You can always find 9 (you can claim), 2 (you can’t) and 2 plot-related.

On the number of "new star systems" I have to correct myself. In addition to the already named "The Void" and "Holy Vision" there are now "Sanctuary of Darkness" and the "Unknown Enemy Sector".

The following (german) sector list I made for myself for the Traveller-Achievement:
German Sector List
Show

Code: Select all

gesamt	HSAP
Achtzehn Milliarden	
Aguilars Gürtel	
Akeelas Leuchtfeuer	
Akeelas Leuchtfeuer-beta	x
Aktionärsgewinn	
Aladnas Hügel	
Andauernde Rachsucht	
Andauernde Rachsucht-beta	X
Argon Prime – alpha	
Argon Prime – beta	
Argon Prime – delta	
Argon Prime – gamma	
Asteriodengürtel	
Bala Gis Freude	
Blauer Profit	
Blauer Rüssel	
Breiter Graben	
Brennans Triumph – alpha	
Brennans Triumph – beta	
Brennans Triumph – delta	
Brennans Triumph – gamma	
Ceos Buckzoid	
Ceos Geist	
Chos Niederlage – alpha	
Chos Niederlage – beta	
Chos Niederlage – delta	
Chos Niederlage – epsilon	
Chos Niederlage – gamma	
Dannas Chance	
Die dritte Erlösung	
Die Kammer – alpha	
Die Kammer – beta	
Die Kammer – delta	
Die Kammer – epsilon	
Die Kammer – eta	
Die Kammer – gama	
Die Kammer – theta	
Die Kammer – zeta	
Die Untiefen	
Drei Welten	
Dreieinigkeit – alpha	
Dreieinigkeit – beta	
Dreieinigkeit – delta	
Dreieinigkeit – epsilon	
Dreieinigkeit – gamma	
Dunkle Wasser	
Dunkle Wasser – beta	x
Elenas Glück – alpha	
Elenas Glück – beta	
Elende Himmel	
Elysium des Lichts	
Ende der Verdammnis	
Energiezirkulum	
Entweihte Himmel	
Erde	
Erzgürtel	
Ewige Predigt	
Familie Njy – alpha	
Familie Njy – beta	
Familie Njy – delta	
Familie Njy – gamma	
Familie Rhonkar	
Familie Rhonkar – beta	X
Familie Rhy	
Familie Tkr	
Familie Whi	
Familie Zein	
Familenstolz – alpha	
Familenstolz – beta	
Familenstolz – delta	
Familenstolz – epsilon	
Familenstolz – gamma	
Farnhams Legende – alpha	
Farnhams Legende – beta	
Firmenstolz	
Fortwährende Sünde	
Friars Rückzug	
Gaias Stern	
Gaias Stern – beta	x
Gesegnetes Feuer	
Gesegnetes Feuer – beta	X
Getsu Fune	
Gewinnleere	
Gewinnverwahrung	
Ghinns Flucht	
Glaubensquell	
Glücksplaneten – alpha	
Glücksplaneten – beta	
Glücksplaneten – gamma	
Grausamer Vorstoß	
Grosser Profit	
Grosses Riff – alpha	
Grosses Riff – beta	
Grosses Riff – delta	
Grosses Riff – gamma	
Grüne Schuppe	
Gunnes Kreuzzug	
Hafen der Ruhe	
Handelshafen	
Harmonische Ewigkeit	
Harmonische Ewigkeit – beta	x
Hatikvahs Glaube	
Heilige Vision – alpha	
Heilige Vision – beta	
Heilige Vision – delta	
Heilige Vision – epsilon	
Heilige Vision – gamma	
Heilige Vision – zeta	
Heiliges Relikt	
Heiligtum der Nächte	
Heiligtum der Nächte	
Heim des Patriachen	
Heimat der Legende	
Heimat des Glücks	
Heimat des Lichts – alpha	
Heimat des Lichts – beta	
Heimat des Lichts – delta	
Heimat des Lichts – gamma	
Herrons Nebel	
Herzenlicht	
Herzogs Vision	
Hilas Freude	
Himmlische Offenbarung	
Ianamus Zura – alpha	
Ianamus Zura – beta	
Ianamus Zura – delta	
Ianamus Zura – gamma	
Imperators Graben	
Imperialer Grenzbereich	
Jupiter	
Jupiter – beta	
Jupiter – gamma	
Karge Küste	
Ketzers Untergang	
Kuipergürtel	
Königenhügel	
Königstal – alpha	
Königstal – beta	
Königstal – delta	
Königstal – gamma	
Leichtes Wasser	
Leichtes Wasser – beta	
Linie der Energie	
LooManckStrats Vermächtnis	
Mahlstrom	
Mahlstrom – beta	x
Mars	
Meer der Fantasie – alpha	
Meer der Fantasie – beta	
Meer der Fantasie – delta	
Meer der Fantasie – gamma	
Menelaus Grenze	
Menelaus Paradies	
Menelaus Paradies – beta	
Merkur	
Mi Tons Zuflucht	
Minen des Imperators	
Mond	
Montalaar	
Moo-Kyes Rache	
Nathans Reise	
Nathans Reise – beta	X
Nebel des Elysiums	
Neptun	
Neuer Verdienst	
Nopileos Memorial	
Nyanas Unterschlupf	
Ocracokes Sturm	
Olmacketslats Vertrag	
Omikron Lyrae – alpha	
Omikron Lyrae – beta	
Omikron Lyrae – delta	
Omikron Lyrae – gamma	
Oortsche Wolke	
Paranid Prime – alpha	
Paranid Prime – beta	
Paranid Prime – delta	
Paranid Prime – epsilon	
Paranid Prime – gamma	
Pluto	
Polarstern	
Polarstern – beta	X
Predigers Einsamkeit	
Predigers Zuflucht	
Predigers Zuflucht – beta	x
Priesteringe	
Priesters Gnade	
Priesters Schutzort	
Profit-Center Alpha	
Profit-Center Alpha B	x
Profitabler Handel – alpha	
Profitabler Handel – beta	
Profitabler Handel – delta	
Profitabler Handel – epsilon	
Profitabler Handel – gamma	
Profitbrunnen – alpha	
Profitbrunnen – beta	
Profitbrunnen – delta	
Profitbrunnen – gamma	
Profitminen	
PTNI Hauptquartier – alpha	
PTNI Hauptquartier – beta	
PTNI Hauptquartier – delta	
PTNI Hauptquartier – epsilon	
PTNI Hauptquartier – gamma	
Raumkrautplantage	
Raumkrautplantage – beta	
Reich des Kardinals – alpha	
Reich des Kardinals – beta	
Reich des Kardinals – delta	
Reich des Kardinals – epsilon	
Reich des Kardinals – gamma	
Reich des Pontifex	
Rhonkars Feuer	
Rhonkars Prüfung	
Rhonkars Prüfung – beta	X
Rhonkars Wolken	
Rhys Begierde	
Rhys Kreuzzug	
Rolks Los	
Rolks Reich	
Rolks Vermächtnis	
Rotes HQ	
Ruhe des Pontifex	
Saturn	
Saturn – beta	
Saturn – gamma	
Schatzkammer	
Schimmernde Ströme	
Schimmernde Ströme – beta	X
Schwarze Sonne	
Senators Ödland	
Split Feuer	
Stahlkammer	
Stiller Strom	
Stiller Strom – beta	X
Stolz des Imperiums	
Strand der Ewigkeit	
Sturm der Weber	
Teladi Profit	
Tharkas Stern	
Thuruks Bart	
Thuruks Stolz	
Thyns Abgrund	
Tiefen der Stille	
Tiefen der Stille – beta	x
Titan	
Tkrs Enteignung	
Trantor	
Tränen des Verlangens	
Tränen des Verlangens – beta	x
Turm der Finanzen	
unbeanspruchter Sektor	
unbeanspruchter Sektor	
unbeanspruchter Sektor – alpha	
unbeanspruchter Sektor – beta	
unbeanspruchter Sektor – beta	
unbekannter Feindlicher Sektor	
unbekannter Feindlicher Sektor	
unbekannter Sektor	
Unheilige Herkunft	
Uranus	
Uranus – beta	
Uranus – gamma	
Venus	
Verborgene Herrschaft	
Verborgene Herrschaft – beta	X
Vergebliches Geheiß	
Vergebliches Geheiß – beta	x
Vorhof der Schöpfung	
Weg zur Freiheit	
Weisheit des Imperators	
Wolken der Atreus	
Wolkenbasis NW	
Wolkenbasis SO	
Wolkenbasis SW	
Xenon 101	
Xenon 347	
Xenon 472	
Xenon 534	
Xenon 596	
Xenon 597	
Xenon 598	
Xenon 627	
Xenon 695	
Xenon HUB	
Zentraler Xenon 023	
Zentrum der Arbeit	
Zerwürfnis der Söldner	
Zitadelle des Herzogs	
Zitadelle des Herzogs – beta	x
Zwei Riesen	
Zwei Welten	
Zweifel des CEOs	
Zweifelhafte Forderung	
 Zyarths letzter Widerstand	
Zyarths Machtbereich	
Ödland	

There is no “Player HQ” in X3FL. But early in the Start-Plot the player gets access to the HQ to the hitherto unknown Boron(?) corporation “Spacelab”. On STEAM there is atleast this picture of the Spacelab-HQ.

The Terran-version of the PHQ in X3AP is seen here in the background.

If I remember correctly faction-specific shipyards and equipement docks were first introduced with the XTM-mod for X3R. These models of shipyards replaced first in vanilla- X3TC some shipyards (now often named "mega" or "super"-shipyard). The new modeled EqDocks were introduced in vanilla- X3AP. Surf the net for pictures. This is new Boron EqDock.
Last edited by DanKara on Tue, 21. Dec 21, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 23:07

Vanguard3000 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 22:31
DanKara wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 14:44
Very impressiv! Nice epub! Thank you for sharing...
Thanks! The pictures for X2 and the X3 games are taken (usually) from the X3 Model viewer. The BTF pictures are screenshots I cut out, or taken from various sites like Argonopedia (I didn't put credits in because the document was originally for my own use).

What you've provided is already a big help. I'll check those ships and sectors. I'll probably have to dust off the modding tools to get photos again.
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:37
There are also some cut out systems. And don't forget the HSAP and TOA systems count as new sector's as well.
Sorry, it's been a while - What are HSAP and TOA? WOuld you mind listing those sectors and the cut ones by name so I can search them a bit easier? How was the PHQ redesigned? DOes it have a new look and description? If so, is there a good screenshot of it somewhere? Ditto the Terran PHQ - I don't remember that. Ditto the Boron Equipment Dock - from what I remember there weren't any unique equipment docks, and only the super shipyards and trade stations were themed to the factions.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!
HSAP - Hyperspeed Access Points (Used to place TOA's after you construct one, or the AI makes one.)
TOA - Trans Orbital Accelerators (Gates like in Terran Sectors)

Yes, Player HQ is completely redesigned with a new description. it kind of resembles the Voyager from Star Trek in some ways. Personal observation. It is a lot smaller. You can also produce some wares at it now, including stations.

There are a lot of new sectors. Probably easiest to use Roguey's map to see them all. The HSAP allow you to add some new sectors, but the game limits how many are available in each game. These systems all have multiple sector's now connected by TOA. Argon Prime, Home of Light; Omicron Lyrae, Kingdoms End, Lucky Planets, Great Reef, Ocean of Fantasy, Ianamus Zura, PTNI Headquarters, Seizewell, Grand Exchange, Family Pride, Cho's Defeat, Family NJY, Paranid Prime, Trinity Sanctum and Cardinals Domain, Brennan's Triumph; (Holy Vision and The Void - separated in () as this is the start area.) https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/universe/

You'll find these sector's broken in to a combination of Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Epsilon, Theta, Eta and Zeta.

Cut Sector's
Ringo Moon, Red Light, Duke's Domain, Avarice, Enduring Light, Argon Sector M148, Albion(Entirely), Spires of Elusion, CEO's Welspring, Guiding Star, Cathedral of Xaar, Twisted Skies, Bright Profit, Company Strength, Sanctity of Corruption, Queens Retribution, Hollow Infinity, Queen's Harbour, Meneleus Oasis, Faded Dreams, Veil of Delusion, Contorted Dominion, Thyn's Excavation, Patriarchs Conclusion, Aldrin, and everything between is and Neptune(sorry Roguey's map is goofed up at this moment. Just check in game.); (and some unknown sectors.) https://roguey.co.uk/x3ap/universe/

Some of the Unknown Sector's have new names. You can see these on Roguey's maps. And the HSAP/TOA added sectors become beta versions of others. Also new is Sanctuary of Darkness and Unknown Enemy Sector.
Spoiler
Show
Unknown Enemy Sector is Kha'ak and Sanctuary of Darkness is Xenon. And both factions will constantly respawn at high rates in both sectors.
The HSAP sectors have to be located through the new search system. Once discovered they can be claimed. The FL map will show where they will be created. But which ones will be randomly generated at game start. And the game limits there number. The 2 spoiler ones will always be created in 1 of there 2 spots. The others will always have a blueprint of some kind that you can use to build a unique ship. And the devs have made it so you have to "choose" which one you want the most as they severely limited our ability with a finite amount of Focus Crystals (for weapons) and Quantum Processors (for the ships). You can basically either build a few small ones, or 1 to 2 max M6s.

This is best I can do for you. Hope it helps.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 11:41

This is really massive publication more than a thousand pages about X, who would have known.. Anyways thanks for putting this together and preserving in Archive.org
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Fri, 24. Dec 21, 21:38

Thanks, folks! After the holidays I'll have to get cracking updating things. I may have additional questions when that happens, but I've got a lot to work with for now.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”