Collect Wares in Sector - idling bug?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Collect Wares in Sector - idling bug?

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 06:40

In 1.3, ships running the 'collect wares in sector' command sometimes get stuck idling. Their info panel shows that they are targeting a floating ware, but their action is 'idling' until the ware times out. Don't remember this happening in 1.2, but I did customize the collection parameters in this playthrough so it may be caused by that.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Collect Wares in Sector - idling bug?

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 18:48

I have seen this before in 1.2. I ordered a TS to get a crate of missiles and it just idled in front of them, while a hostile was closing in. I had to abort and send it to a nearby station for shelter. Couldn't get rid of the hostile before the crate vanished. Total waste of time.

Was the only time I can recall, though.

The idling is standard behavior if the ship is full, but that TS was nearly empty, there was no reason for it to stop.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 20:27

Now that you mention it, I do recall that happening in earlier versions but I think I saw it with 'Collect Ware' IS and not 'Collect all Wares in Sector' OOS.

I can order the ship to collect wares individually and it works fine so I know there is sufficient cargo size/space. It's happened about 5 times out of about 200 so it's not that common. If it happens again, I'll try to figure out what is causing it.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 20:53

Just had it happen again, this time with OOS "Collect Ware" just like you mentioned Jimmy C.
Issuing the "Collect all Wares" got the ship out of idle status and it collected the item. This has happened twice in the Xenon hub that I can recall, but no clue if that's related to the problem.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 09:48

It happens to me as well. It actually happens with both of the collect ware options, and I've seen it happen to drones. They hold at about 1km from the ware to pick up. And they will sit there long past the ware to be picked up self-destructing. If you initially started with collect specific ware, switching to collect all wares instead, this will at most times correct it. And vice versa. Or switch to standby and re-issue the command. You just have to stay on top of it.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”