Bug with retrieving astronauts

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Bug with retrieving astronauts

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 17:04

This used to be fine up to 1.2, but now there's a problem in 1.3. Before 1.3, it used to be possible to eject an astronaut you picked up and retrieve them again to reset their intended destination. This is very useful to get the reward for delivering them to a more convenient station.

In 1.3, if I eject and retrieve an astronaut, their status remains "In space" and their intended destination doesn't change from what it originally was when they first bailed. Even if I transfer them to another ship, the status remains "in space". Even if I eject them then have another ship pick them up after they've been compromised this way, their status remains "in space".

This is not good.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Bug with retrieving astronauts

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 02:57

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 17:04
This used to be fine up to 1.2, but now there's a problem in 1.3. Before 1.3, it used to be possible to eject an astronaut you picked up and retrieve them again to reset their intended destination. This is very useful to get the reward for delivering them to a more convenient station.

In 1.3, if I eject and retrieve an astronaut, their status remains "In space" and their intended destination doesn't change from what it originally was when they first bailed. Even if I transfer them to another ship, the status remains "in space". Even if I eject them then have another ship pick them up after they've been compromised this way, their status remains "in space".

This is not good.
To send them to there requested destination, you can always "transfer" them to another ship and command it to take them where they want. It's a work-around solution that won't require you to change what your doing. As for any astronauts you pick up in a no station sector, it seems to work fine for me to eject and pick them up again. And I have only encountered this issue once where the pilot wouldn't change destination. However, I managed to pick up Bolo Wa (whatever his name was) from the start zone. He was floating in The Void eta and when I took him to Aladna Hill, he actually docked like he was a ship, and shows up in the docked ships list. Kinda funny. :roll: :gruebel: :mrgreen:

Fortunately, he docked at the Military Installation. So he didn't take an external dock. Sharing this cause I get a kick out of it.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 07:26

The problem is I can't dock at Pirate stations. So I need to reset their destinations to let me send them to a station that I can dock at.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 10:24

If you need to dock at an enemy station, you can use diplomacy to hack the station

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 12:26

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 10:24
If you need to dock at an enemy station, you can use diplomacy to hack the station
Doesn't work when my Pirate rep is red. And not worth the bother for the pittance of most individual pilots.

I just hope you guys are working on the next patch.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 13:09

it shouldn't make a difference.

when you hack a station, it gives you temporary docking rights regardless of your rep

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 18:06

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 13:09
when you hack a station, it gives you temporary docking rights regardless of your rep
How temporary is temporary? Also, I recall reading the description for the Hack Station action and it said "allow you to dock if you are not hostile to the faction" Which was why I haven't tried hacking stations yet.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 19:09

The description was based on the old hack missions, but its function was changed later in development.

it should be unlocked for 5minutes. It does reset the enemy status as well, so will turn the station friendly if you have good enough rep

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 19:53

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 19:09
The description was based on the old hack missions, but its function was changed later in development.
You should rethink your decision not to revise in game text. What use are all these extra features if you never tell anyone about them?
it should be unlocked for 5minutes. It does reset the enemy status as well, so will turn the station friendly if you have good enough rep
Well, I don't have a good enough rep. And this wouldn't be a problem if resetting the astronaut's destination didn't get broken in 1.3.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:40

Unless that pilot is offering a large sum of credits, I'd just eject him and forget him. Let him pilot is suit to his destination. He will eventually. Or enslave or turn him into a mercenary.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”