Exploration points

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sorkvild
x3tc

Exploration points

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 21:32

What determines amounts of exploration points a player gets during gameplay? Is there a price list regarding discoveries? Is it normal that during challenging sandbox after one hour of flight I have 250k of exploration points?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Exploration points

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 03:24

At the start you will get a lot of points since you uncover new systems and new entries in encyclopaedia. You will note though that this wont be like that for too long and that 250k points is not that much really. :)

MFG

Ketraar

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 11:26

Your discovery points come from many different sources. Some of them are a fixed amount per game, and others are more random.

unlocking anything in the encyclopedia (ware/ship info, etc), finding new sectors/races, scanning asteroids

you will also get points for all the things you find via the LFL, these are always available to find

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 15:50

So that is how it works. What about "discovery information" reward? What is this, a floating ware of some sort, perhaps an abandoned ship? Is discovery information useful to me if I don't have the lfl yet?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:27

The discovery information just gives you a sector of one of the current discovery items which you then find with your LFL

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 05:05

Discoveries and Special Discoveries also respawn over time in new random locations.
Discovery: 10k points (instant)
Special Discovery: 100k points (you have to turn these in as they go in your cargo - vol. of 3 needed per).
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”