Bug in Fighter Drone ejection

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Bug in Fighter Drone ejection

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 16:13

Just saw this in 1.3. OOS, if you command a ship with no hangar bay to eject drones, the drones would appear at the 0,0,0 coordinates of the sector the ship is in. If the ship has hangars, the drones would appear on top of the ship, as they should. This happened with several ships and in several sectors.

Haven't tested what happens if in-sector yet.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Bug in Fighter Drone ejection

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 20:45

I've found what looks like a bug with mining drones, when I tell my Cormorant to drone mine, sometimes the command ends and the drones return to the ship all by themselves and stop despite there being more rocks that they could collect. Sometimes it's one drone, sometimes it's all of them. And this is just with the 4 drones it starts with,

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 21:27

Are you sure that isn't because the Cormorant was filled up already? I've seen that they just dock and wait if the ship is full. Once there's enough room for them to offload, they resume mining.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 23:55

It couldn't be, my Cormorant had exactly one unit of Nividum on board, the only cargo in the hold was the bare minimum of energy cells needed to jump back to the hub where the HQ is located.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 01:27

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 23:55
It couldn't be, my Cormorant had exactly one unit of Nividum on board, the only cargo in the hold was the bare minimum of energy cells needed to jump back to the hub where the HQ is located.
Mining or scanning with drones is one area I gave up on. I got them to scan 1 asteroid once, but they will launch and redock if I try to use the command. And the drones definitely had all the required software upgrades to perform the task.

Is there an actual mining drone? I only know of 3 M4 size drones. Or was it included with the Teladi drone carrier?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:09

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 01:27
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mining or scanning with drones is one area I gave up on. I got them to scan 1 asteroid once, but they will launch and redock if I try to use the command. And the drones definitely had all the required software upgrades to perform the task.

Is there an actual mining drone? I only know of 3 M4 size drones. Or was it included with the Teladi drone carrier?
The ones the Cormorant comes with, named "drone miner", with 280 speed and 500 cargo space when they work they work very well. The only problem is you cannot tell them which mineral to mine so if there are already rocks in the sector they will happily scoop up everything, and since Silicon takes up so much space the Cormorant fills up fast.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:27

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:09
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

The ones the Cormorant comes with, named "drone miner", with 280 speed and 500 cargo space when they work they work very well. The only problem is you cannot tell them which mineral to mine so if there are already rocks in the sector they will happily scoop up everything, and since Silicon takes up so much space the Cormorant fills up fast.
I know when you use an automated miner, you have to set yes to each ore type. Shame they don't have that selection. As for what they mine up, it's likely the least yield first. That's how the automated work. I'm adding the Cormorant to my fleet next. Gotta get my 2 diplomats first to unlock all the specials and reduce the prices. Funny thing, the blue prints for those drones, they are added to PHQ as part of the cost of the ship. At least they did for me.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:12

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:27
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:09
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I know when you use an automated miner, you have to set yes to each ore type. Shame they don't have that selection. As for what they mine up, it's likely the least yield first. That's how the automated work. I'm adding the Cormorant to my fleet next. Gotta get my 2 diplomats first to unlock all the specials and reduce the prices. Funny thing, the blue prints for those drones, they are added to PHQ as part of the cost of the ship. At least they did for me.
Yes, I heard about that feature too. Once I can afford to expend the chips I'll make the remaining 8 drones for my Cormorant and Guppy. So far I've only bought the special ships from two races.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”