Question about the update

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Question about the update

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 17:18

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 16:02

I'll have to try again and only send the experienced ones.
You need maxed marines for this job to minimize damage. I don't know what the critical threshold is, but I'm sure someone here does. Patch up the hull to 3 above that number, then throw maxed marines at it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 19:46

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 17:18
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 16:02

I'll have to try again and only send the experienced ones.
You need maxed marines for this job to minimize damage. I don't know what the critical threshold is, but I'm sure someone here does. Patch up the hull to 3 above that number, then throw maxed marines at it.
My 9 guys were maxed in all but combat, I sent them in without the 5 grunts and they took the Aran without breaking a sweat. One more finished his training while I was en route to the Aran and another finished soon after so now I have 11 :D I sent the Aran to the hub to get fixed up by my fully-loaded Guppy which due to its high hull density took a long time even with a dozen repair drones. Still only got me a third of the way to the cheapskate achievement though.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 03:45

Repair? Just RE it and build another. Build several.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 04:16

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 23. Dec 21, 03:45
Repair? Just RE it and build another. Build several.
I was actually going for the achievement, I can RE and make more now that they've reduced the cycle time from a week to 11 hours that's actually feasible. I've started building Atmospheric Lifters, a dozen marines with everything but combat maxed still cannot take one and in fact struggle to board if the thing has the hull polariser installed even with pods and 100 mechanical skill.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 04:48

Yeah. Hull Polarizer on Terran large caps make them impossible to breach. Hopefully, they don't have CBS as well to prevent you from zapping them with Ion Ds to kill the HP. If you're boarding with less than 20 marines, take out the Internal Lasers as well.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 15:47

Apparently the Sirokos can mount a pair of those in its other turret, I'll need to check the firing arc to see if it's facing in the right direction as it's the back turret. Technically I don't need to board a second as I've already REd one and now building my own but it would save on those microchips and give my marines more combat stars.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 16:51

If you're trying to board Atmo Lifters, and you have the Kogarasu, it can fit IDs in the main mounts too. 12 are enough to cap a Lifter.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Dec 21, 00:45

I did recently acquire that ship and fully armed it so I could give it a shot, its slower speed might pose more of a problem if the Terrans give chase. First lifter that I built just rolled off the assembly line. I'll dock it at the HQ for the special equipment I spent all those agents acquiring, give it some ecells and send it on to Getsu Fune for all the other stuff.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 05:05

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 24. Dec 21, 00:45
I did recently acquire that ship and fully armed it so I could give it a shot, its slower speed might pose more of a problem if the Terrans give chase. First lifter that I built just rolled off the assembly line. I'll dock it at the HQ for the special equipment I spent all those agents acquiring, give it some ecells and send it on to Getsu Fune for all the other stuff.
I turned my HQ and docks into a one stop shop for just about everything. lol... In fact I almost got the influential achievement for the first time.

Hatikvah's Faith is a great place to train combat for your marines. I may have lost it already "combat probably" but the pirates were sporting a Teladi Condor there. Seems like easy pickings even though it's at 1/3 it's hull strength "last I checked". It was floating near a pirate M2 last so I let it be. But I'm gonna take it eventually. Probably pop the M2 remotely with a bomber first. Then get that Condor alone and do my thing.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”