Question about the update

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Question about the update

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:20

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:51
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:28
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 19. Nov 21, 02:38

So really, quantum processors aren't the problem, focus crystals are- there needs to be at least twice (ideally thrice) as many as what are available.
I know the M6's spawn from
Spoiler
Show
Unknown Enemy Sector.
And if there spawn rate is anything like there counterparts in the Xenon one, then it's doable. I spent 3 hours beating up on the Xenon to grab the Aran safely. As soon as I personally jumped out, the whole sector respawned instantly, capitals and all.

Have you tried taking any via boarding? I haven't personally, but I want to try boarding one to see if we can capture it's equipment. That would definitely be a way to get Kha'ak weapons. If you can afford one, get a Minotaur or equivalent and try. I'm going to. At some point.
I'm still at the point in the Terran plot where I have to trigger the argon/boron invasion so I haven't encountered the Khaak yet.
They should appear shortly after the TOA is built to the adjoining sector they are in.

HSAP is at either
Spoiler
Show
Light Water or Maelstrom
As soon as I motivate myself, I'll let you know if I successfully took one. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 11:33

Deathifier wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 13:46
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:31
focus crystals and quantum processers are limited for a reason...
...As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.
I think with this you can circumvent these limitations if you have atleast one item left.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:07

DanKara wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 11:33
Deathifier wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:31
focus crystals and quantum processers are limited for a reason...
...As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.
I think with this you can circumvent these limitations if you have atleast one item left.
Hablas Enlish? Translation? lol.... I have German and Scotch in my dna history, but I only speak "apparently broken - as I gotta spell check myself often" English and Igpay Atinlay. And I can sign a few rude gestures as well. lol :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:31

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:07
DanKara wrote:
Deathifier wrote:

Hablas Enlish? Translation? lol.... I have German and Scotch in my dna history, but I only speak "apparently broken - as I gotta spell check myself often" English and Igpay Atinlay. And I can sign a few rude gestures as well. lol :lol:
I wasn't sufficiently convinced by the Google Translate version to give it a try either. Or I'd definitely use it to get more focus crystals. The Khaak fighter I REd did come with 3 Beta Kyons so I could arm the Corvette and still have a few crystals left.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 23:32

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:31
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
DanKara wrote:

I wasn't sufficiently convinced by the Google Translate version to give it a try either. Or I'd definitely use it to get more focus crystals. The Khaak fighter I REd did come with 3 Beta Kyons so I could arm the Corvette and still have a few crystals left.
I'm thankful for those. You can build them without the Quantum Processors too. So you can make as many as you want. Just need Nividium. I understand the limited ship making, but the weapons seems kinda silly as well to limit. I mean if you don't have cargo bay shielding, they can get destroyed during combat. But I have yet to see what there drop rate is in Khaak Space. The Xenon have a decent enough weapon drop rate, so I'd imagine the Khaak will too.

On a happier note, I finally broke the billion credit mark naturally. Of course I shot back down below after purchasing both a Megalodon and Kraken. Happy days for me. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 01:29

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 23:32
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:31
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I'm thankful for those. You can build them without the Quantum Processors too. So you can make as many as you want. Just need Nividium. I understand the limited ship making, but the weapons seems kinda silly as well to limit. I mean if you don't have cargo bay shielding, they can get destroyed during combat. But I have yet to see what there drop rate is in Khaak Space. The Xenon have a decent enough weapon drop rate, so I'd imagine the Khaak will too.

On a happier note, I finally broke the billion credit mark naturally. Of course I shot back down below after purchasing both a Megalodon and Kraken. Happy days for me. :D
Have you been to any Khaak sectors yet? If there is a way to get more Kyons then I know what I'll be making with my focus crystals :D I would have broken that mark myself had I not spent a bunch of Nividium profits on my first complex.

EDIT: Just saw Khaak spawn in Maelstrom, let's see how this pans out. Also found them in Maelstrom Beta, this will make scanning the roids there more interesting.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 05:47

If you're wondering can you get more Kyon Emitters without making them yourself the answer (at least in v1.2) is yes - the Kha'ak M5, M4 and M3's can bail and when they do their weapons may survive for you to collect after you claim the ship.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 07:54

DanKara wrote:
Deathifier wrote:

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I am doing here. Proceed at own risk and with extreme caution!
I did it but once, deleted the manipulated savefile and the programm Cheat Engine afterwards. To far gone into the “Dark Side of the Force” and far to tempting to keep around…

In that cited German thread the author showed how to “memory hack” X3FL and stay vanilla.
He showed
- how to increase credits. I used this to increase the number of JumpBeacons I had at hand
- how to increase ship stats (speed, turning, freight) on a not yet upgraded ship (basically the same)
- how to increase ship stats on a ship that was already maxed out
He also stated that manipulating a faction rank this way is impossible. Nevertheless, I think, he is wrong in that case, because an absolute number, that isn’t shown in vanilla, represents every rank (faction, trade, fight). How to get this current number repeatedly (without SE / without reload) I have no clue. I suspect it is written in the save file, but I can’t read/understand that…

I will recap the essentials for the first part to increase my number of JumpBeacons from 6 to 60 in the following spoiler.

1. Preparation
Show
1.1 Start X3FL
-- Backup your savefile (and/or gamefiles)
-- Stop “run game in background” in ingame-options
-- Some WareTransfers are needed, so dock on your HQ/TL or have one ship docked at your ship
-- Have the Ware to multiply with you. I started with 6 JB on a Hyperion with a M3 docked.
1.2 Start Cheat Engine
-- in “Settings” tick of / disable “fast scan by default” (upper section in pic1, marked red)
-- in the main CE-Window: set [Scan Type] to “Exact Value (background upper right section of pic1)
-- in the main CE-window set [Value Type] to “4 Bytes” (background upper right section of pic1)
https://abload.de/img/1x0klg.jpg
2. Scanning
Show
--Select X3FL as application to be scanned (pic2, upper section, red marked with follow ups)
-- Enter the number you have into searchfield ("3" in pic1+2 upper right). I started with “6”.
-- Beware higher numbers are 1000 (not 1.000 nor 1,000) and maybe limited to 2 billion /milliarden
-- Do a [NEW Scan] in main CE window upper right
-- You will get a (high) number of results listed in the middle left section of the main CE window
-- Transfer one/some items. I now had “5” JB
-- Enter the new number (“5”) into the seachfield and do a [NEXT scan]
-- This will reduce the number of results
-- Proceed with decreasing/indreasing your item-number, followed by another [NEXT scan]
-- You are good, if only 1 result remains. I had this result after 3 rounds with 3 JB still on board
-- (I had to close the still open WareTransfer-menu in X3FL to reduce results from 2 to 1)
3. Manipulation
Show
-- Mark the remaining one result from Scanning (pic3, marked red, upper left)
-- Klick on the “Red Arrow”-Button (pic3, marked red, middle middle)
-- The remaining result gets moved to the lower section
-- There click on the value (“3” for me, “13” in the pic3 marked red lower middle)
-- You will get a context-menu to change the value (for me to “60”) and confirm
With that I had 60 JB instead of the remaining 3 from Scanning
https://abload.de/img/5y6j46.png
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 9. Dec 21, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 23:09

Deathifier wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 05:47
If you're wondering can you get more Kyon Emitters without making them yourself the answer (at least in v1.2) is yes - the Kha'ak M5, M4 and M3's can bail and when they do their weapons may survive for you to collect after you claim the ship.
They wouldn't have changed this without putting it in the notes. So it should still be a resounding yes in v1.3. As this is a normal game function present in previous games, I doubt they will change it in any further updates. Also, everybody watch out for rep drops in Maelstrom. You'll game pirate rep, but drop everywhere else.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 23:39

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 23:09
Deathifier wrote:
They wouldn't have changed this without putting it in the notes. So it should still be a resounding yes in v1.3. As this is a normal game function present in previous games, I doubt they will change it in any further updates. Also, everybody watch out for rep drops in Maelstrom. You'll game pirate rep, but drop everywhere else.
I'll have to look out for that. I discovered a lot of high-yield (4 Ore and 4 Silicon > 100) roids in my Maelstrom Beta (system claimed by pirates) so that sector has promise. Also has a small Nividium (yield = 3) roid that I'll send my fleet after once they finish up in Perpetual Sin.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 07:43

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 23:39
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Deathifier wrote:
I'll have to look out for that. I discovered a lot of high-yield (4 Ore and 4 Silicon > 100) roids in my Maelstrom Beta (system claimed by pirates) so that sector has promise. Also has a small Nividium (yield = 3) roid that I'll send my fleet after once they finish up in Perpetual Sin.
Ummm... I'd leave that system be. Lot's of Khaak to attack you there.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 19:21

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 11. Dec 21, 07:43
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

So I noticed- I took my Astraeus to clear out the Khaak that had come through the gate. Turns out that ship is actually very good at wiping out swarms of Khaak and can handle their corvettes if there's only one or two of them.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 12:43

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 11. Dec 21, 19:21
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

So I noticed- I took my Astraeus to clear out the Khaak that had come through the gate. Turns out that ship is actually very good at wiping out swarms of Khaak and can handle their corvettes if there's only one or two of them.
Watch out if there is like 6 corvettes grouped together. They almost popped my Springblossom in seconds.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 17:53

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 14. Dec 21, 12:43
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

Watch out if there is like 6 corvettes grouped together. They almost popped my Springblossom in seconds.
More than once I've had to GTFO from the sector above Maelstrom Beta when that happened, I might have to go with all CIGs up front instead of 6 CIG + 2 CFA. My Astraeus always ends up ramming them before they blow up, which works but depletes my shields :D I might have to kit out my Tern and see how I do.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:25

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 14. Dec 21, 17:53
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

More than once I've had to GTFO from the sector above Maelstrom Beta when that happened, I might have to go with all CIGs up front instead of 6 CIG + 2 CFA. My Astraeus always ends up ramming them before they blow up, which works but depletes my shields :D I might have to kit out my Tern and see how I do.
:sigh: Denizens of Presidents End know this pain all too well. I am soo glad those buggers are at least contained, and got stuck in there eastern most location instead of Boron space. So I have to wonder, why did they add the BP for the Gamma Kyon when it cannot be used? I haven't seen a single Kha'ak capital.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:49

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:25
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

:sigh: Denizens of Presidents End know this pain all too well. I am soo glad those buggers are at least contained, and got stuck in there eastern most location instead of Boron space. So I have to wonder, why did they add the BP for the Gamma Kyon when it cannot be used? I haven't seen a single Kha'ak capital.
And only give you enough focus crystals to make 10 when the Khaak M2 could use 18, and the #deca M1 could equip 32 of them.

Turns out the Aquilo is even better at fighting Khaak than the Astraeus, firing Flails distracted the Corvette's turrets enough for the Hammers to get through. I only had to return to the HQ when missiles ran low. Still had enough Hammers left to take out a Xenon K that had somehow got in to the Hub.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 02:43

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:49
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

And only give you enough focus crystals to make 10 when the Khaak M2 could use 18, and the #deca M1 could equip 32 of them.

Turns out the Aquilo is even better at fighting Khaak than the Astraeus, firing Flails distracted the Corvette's turrets enough for the Hammers to get through. I only had to return to the HQ when missiles ran low. Still had enough Hammers left to take out a Xenon K that had somehow got in to the Hub.
A bomber will make short work of a K OOS. The Tomahawks just about insta-hit and cannot be dodged or shot down. Flip side, if the K fires a hornet at the bomber, you might lose it. My method is to jump the bomber in, then have it move in the opposite direction. Since the missile barrage is a secondary command it doesn't affect the movement. Doesn't rely on the combat menu. :mrgreen:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 03:43

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 02:43
Sovereign01 wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

A bomber will make short work of a K OOS. The Tomahawks just about insta-hit and cannot be dodged or shot down. Flip side, if the K fires a hornet at the bomber, you might lose it. My method is to jump the bomber in, then have it move in the opposite direction. Since the missile barrage is a secondary command it doesn't affect the movement. Doesn't rely on the combat menu. :mrgreen:
Now I know what kind of missiles I want my next complex to make, already planning on having it produce weapons! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 08:30

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 03:43
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

Now I know what kind of missiles I want my next complex to make, already planning on having it produce weapons! :lol:
Do the flail barrage missile and hammer heavy torpedo's too if you plan to use the missile frigates.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 18:34

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 08:30
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 03:43
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

Do the flail barrage missile and hammer heavy torpedo's too if you plan to use the missile frigates.
I'm already making those at my first complex, my Aquilo has reaped the benefits. I need to use it to clear the Xenon away from the entrance to Sanctuary of Darkness, the Aran is in the sector and those guys are in the way! :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”