Question about the update

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Realspace
x4

Question about the update

Post by Realspace » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 09:27

Hope this is the right section to post. Since with steam I have no control over the files that are installed by the coming 1.3, will it be possibile to know which files are changed/added in 1.3? I am in the middle of making a mod based on the 1.2
Thank you!

alexalsp
x4

Re: Question about the update

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 10:09

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 12. Nov 21, 09:27
Hope this is the right section to post. Since with steam I have no control over the files that are installed by the coming 1.3, will it be possibile to know which files are changed/added in 1.3? I am in the middle of making a mod based on the 1.2
Thank you!

Code: Select all

x3fl.exe
addon2\01.cat
addon2\03.cat
addon2\03.dat
addon2\04.cat
addon2\04.dat
addon2\05.cat
addon2\05.dat
addon2\x3files.xml
addon2\scripts\!agent.cmd.rep.pck
addon2\scripts\!carrier.drone.pck
addon2\scripts\!carrier.fight.pck
addon2\scripts\!carrier.move.repair.pck
addon2\scripts\!carrier.recall.pck
addon2\scripts\!carrier.repair.pck
addon2\scripts\!fight.attack.enemiesrange.land.pck
addon2\scripts\!fight.attack.object.carrier.pck
addon2\scripts\!fight.attack.object.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!init.ship.globalscriptmap.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!job.collect.marines.pck
addon2\scripts\!job.dukes.boarding.pck
addon2\scripts\!job.trade.docktrader.pck
addon2\scripts\!job.trade.freetrader.pck
addon2\scripts\!job.trade.supplytrader.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.carrier.isshipbusy.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.distribute.getwares.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.drone.checkreturn.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.freight.dropoff.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.freight.fetch.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.launch.safely.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.move.resupply.energy.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.packstation.dropped.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.player.saferoute.pck
addon2\scripts\!lib.trade.home.refuel.pck
addon2\scripts\!move.buildcomplex.pck
addon2\scripts\!move.follow.template.pck
addon2\scripts\!move.movetosector.pck
addon2\scripts\!move.resupply.self.pck
addon2\scripts\!move.returntocarrier.pck
addon2\scripts\!patch.pck
addon2\scripts\!plugin.acp.fight.attack.object.pck
addon2\scripts\!setup.x3fl.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.carrier.recall.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.freightfetch.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.freightfetch.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.repairship.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.repairships.drone.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.repairstation.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.returnhome.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.trade.deliver.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.trade.dist.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.trade.dist.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.cmd.trade.fetch.std.pck
addon2\scripts\!ship.signal.dronecmdnone.pck
addon2\scripts\!station.cmd.profittransfer.pl.pck
addon2\scripts\!station.cmd.stationmgr.rmenu.pck
addon2\scripts\!station.event.hq.pck
addon2\scripts\!trade.sellwarebest.pck
addon2\scripts\lib.complexplan.complete.pck
addon2\scripts\lib.complexplan.getdata.pck
addon2\scripts\lib.player.trade.finddest.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.autotrade.getroute.long.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.autotrade.run.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.blacklist.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.complexplan.deployment.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.complexplan.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.expguild.comm.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.expguild.npcclaim.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.expguild.rewards.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.expguild.run.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.hotkey.launchdrone.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.networth.compute.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.shipbrowser.columise.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.st.ex.comp.menu.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.stationmgr.finddest.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.stationmgr.findupgrade.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.stationmgr.getships.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.stationmgr.run.pck
addon2\scripts\plugin.transactions.menu.pck
addon2\t\0002-l007.pck
addon2\t\0002-l033.pck
addon2\t\0002-l034.pck
addon2\t\0002-l039.pck
addon2\t\0002-l044.pck
addon2\t\0002-l048.pck
addon2\t\0002-l049.pck
addon2\t\0002-l081.pck

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 16:46

So basically everything? :lol:
I was looking for more details. Are they touching the TShips, missiles, bullets and most important...the galaxy map? I am doing a huge expansion on the map, it takes weeks to do so the only big issue would be if they change the x3_universe.xml. the other things I can redo

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 18:10

Both TShips and the map have been adjusted

But it's mostly minor changes, the map only included a few changes to adding ware at some stations. Mostly done via WareTemplate

Some ware files have been adjusted too include missile and lasers, this was mainly adjusting the relval to adjust the production count per cycle

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 21:10

Another question, since there doesn't seem to be any thread dedicated to the update, is the Pirate Ship going to be changed to regular TS from its current Pirate TS category?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 21:16

Thank you Cycrow, I'm doing large modifications to the map but looking for keeping it compatible with vanilla and plot. I simply followed the same philosophy (that I had already implemented in a similar mod for AP that was never released, but want to release this) of having close orbital sectors and a more solar system logic. Added some sectors, changed other into orbital ones, changed the 749 to resemble a galaxy of clusters each having one or more solar systems. Also the gates will be limited to the system to system connections, all others being accelerators or hyperdrives. Btw do you think you'd be interested in looking at the stuff and maybe use it for the next update? I do it for free, out of my free time and love for the old X serie :) Started a topic here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=442966
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 12. Nov 21, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 23:10

so i checked the changes in files.

x3_universe.xml - 0 changes
WareTemplate - 3 changes (removing advanced baracuda from initial shipyard, adding jumpdrive to pirate anarchy port, added masson powder as secondary resource)
TShips - 4 changes (Yaki Kariudo, Pirate ship class, Yaki Washi docking slots, Guppy Turrets)
TMissiles - 7 changes (relval on 7 missiles, SS_MISSILE_F, SS_MISSILE_HTSK, SS_MISSILE_PROX, SS_MISSILE_SYN, SS_MISSILE_SPECTRE, SS_MISSILE_BOMBER, SS_MISSILE_USC_BOMBER)
TFactories - 2 changes (Connection Tube Volume, Teladi Complex Kit price/noto)
TLaser - 3 changes (Relval: SS_LASER_ESR, SS_LASER_PD, SS_LASER_EMP_1)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 23:26

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 12. Nov 21, 23:10
so i checked the changes in files.

x3_universe.xml - 0 changes
WareTemplate - 3 changes (removing advanced baracuda from initial shipyard, adding jumpdrive to pirate anarchy port, added masson powder as secondary resource)
TShips - 4 changes (Yaki Kariudo, Pirate ship class, Yaki Washi docking slots, Guppy Turrets)
TMissiles - 7 changes (relval on 7 missiles, SS_MISSILE_F, SS_MISSILE_HTSK, SS_MISSILE_PROX, SS_MISSILE_SYN, SS_MISSILE_SPECTRE, SS_MISSILE_BOMBER, SS_MISSILE_USC_BOMBER)
TFactories - 2 changes (Connection Tube Volume, Teladi Complex Kit price/noto)
TLaser - 3 changes (Relval: SS_LASER_ESR, SS_LASER_PD, SS_LASER_EMP_1)
Thank you! I was worried for the X3_universe.xml but it is luckly untouched. All the rest (ships and missiles/lasers) I can update quickly

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 04:03

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 12. Nov 21, 18:10
Both TShips and the map have been adjusted

But it's mostly minor changes, the map only included a few changes to adding ware at some stations. Mostly done via WareTemplate

Some ware files have been adjusted too include missile and lasers, this was mainly adjusting the relval to adjust the production count per cycle
Did you guys make any changes to the Guppy? Mine got changed somehow at some point. Posted some screenshots on the Discord. The weapons config is what got changed. Nvm, just saw your notes. You removed some.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:00

I hope the update includes a means of getting more of the limited items like focus crystals and quantum processors. Maybe the black market?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:31

focus crystals and quantum processers are limited for a reason.

The are designed to allow the player to get access to certain ships for their personal use, without being able to make a fleet of them.
This wont change in an update. If you want more, you will need to mod the game

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 13:46

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:31

The are designed to allow the player to get access to certain ships for their personal use, without being able to make a fleet of them.
What would be nice is if when a ship made with those limited resources is recycled that the limited resources are returned in full.

That way if people make a ship and then find the don't like it they can recycle it and try again.

As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 02:38

Deathifier wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 13:46
Cycrow wrote:

What would be nice is if when a ship made with those limited resources is recycled that the limited resources are returned in full.

That way if people make a ship and then find the don't like it they can recycle it and try again.

As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.
According to the encyclopedia they are refunded in full when those ships are recycled. As I've never built one of those ships to recycle I don't know if it actually works.

I can't decide either, they're going to remain in my HQ for now. I'll probably end up building a Khaak corvette with Beta Kyons if I'm not going to have anything to mount the gammas on. Building the Springblossom is far less tempting in FL- having its cargo bay nerfed by 40% has basically removed one of its biggest advantages, now the only thing it has going for it is its speed.

There are three ships in my encyclopedia that each need 10 processors, the Khaak Corvette, the Springclossom and the Spitfyre so in theory I could have one of each. The real problem stems from the fact that while it's possible to build one of each ship, it's not possible to arm all three. A full set of Beta Kyons will consume every focus crystal you get.

The Springblossom has it worse, a full load of MAMLs costs 28 crystals, though you'd more likely swap a couple for SSCs, which again uses all 30. The only way you'd be able to mount any more SSCs than that is downgrading MAMLs into the inferior EMPCs.

Which leave the Spitfyre, the only ship that you can arm more than one of, to arm two you can either have 6 MAMLs and 3 EMPCs and have one mount empty, or 5 of each.

So really, quantum processors aren't the problem, focus crystals are- there needs to be at least twice (ideally thrice) as many as what are available.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:28

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 19. Nov 21, 02:38

So really, quantum processors aren't the problem, focus crystals are- there needs to be at least twice (ideally thrice) as many as what are available.
I know the M6's spawn from
Spoiler
Show
Unknown Enemy Sector.
And if there spawn rate is anything like there counterparts in the Xenon one, then it's doable. I spent 3 hours beating up on the Xenon to grab the Aran safely. As soon as I personally jumped out, the whole sector respawned instantly, capitals and all.

Have you tried taking any via boarding? I haven't personally, but I want to try boarding one to see if we can capture it's equipment. That would definitely be a way to get Kha'ak weapons. If you can afford one, get a Minotaur or equivalent and try. I'm going to. At some point.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:51

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:28
Sovereign01 wrote:

Spoiler
Show
Unknown Enemy Sector.
And if there spawn rate is anything like there counterparts in the Xenon one, then it's doable. I spent 3 hours beating up on the Xenon to grab the Aran safely. As soon as I personally jumped out, the whole sector respawned instantly, capitals and all.

Have you tried taking any via boarding? I haven't personally, but I want to try boarding one to see if we can capture it's equipment. That would definitely be a way to get Kha'ak weapons. If you can afford one, get a Minotaur or equivalent and try. I'm going to. At some point.
I'm still at the point in the Terran plot where I have to trigger the argon/boron invasion so I haven't encountered the Khaak yet.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:20

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:51
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:28
Sovereign01 wrote:

Spoiler
Show
Unknown Enemy Sector.

I'm still at the point in the Terran plot where I have to trigger the argon/boron invasion so I haven't encountered the Khaak yet.
They should appear shortly after the TOA is built to the adjoining sector they are in.

HSAP is at either
Spoiler
Show
Light Water or Maelstrom
As soon as I motivate myself, I'll let you know if I successfully took one. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 11:33

Deathifier wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
focus crystals and quantum processers are limited for a reason...
...As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.
I think with this you can circumvent these limitations if you have atleast one item left.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:07

DanKara wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 11:33
Deathifier wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
focus crystals and quantum processers are limited for a reason...
...As it is these special resources in my game sit in a storage ship because I can't decide which ships I want.
I think with this you can circumvent these limitations if you have atleast one item left.
Hablas Enlish? Translation? lol.... I have German and Scotch in my dna history, but I only speak "apparently broken - as I gotta spell check myself often" English and Igpay Atinlay. And I can sign a few rude gestures as well. lol :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:31

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:07
DanKara wrote:
Deathifier wrote:

Hablas Enlish? Translation? lol.... I have German and Scotch in my dna history, but I only speak "apparently broken - as I gotta spell check myself often" English and Igpay Atinlay. And I can sign a few rude gestures as well. lol :lol:
I wasn't sufficiently convinced by the Google Translate version to give it a try either. Or I'd definitely use it to get more focus crystals. The Khaak fighter I REd did come with 3 Beta Kyons so I could arm the Corvette and still have a few crystals left.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 23:32

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:31
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:07
DanKara wrote:

I wasn't sufficiently convinced by the Google Translate version to give it a try either. Or I'd definitely use it to get more focus crystals. The Khaak fighter I REd did come with 3 Beta Kyons so I could arm the Corvette and still have a few crystals left.
I'm thankful for those. You can build them without the Quantum Processors too. So you can make as many as you want. Just need Nividium. I understand the limited ship making, but the weapons seems kinda silly as well to limit. I mean if you don't have cargo bay shielding, they can get destroyed during combat. But I have yet to see what there drop rate is in Khaak Space. The Xenon have a decent enough weapon drop rate, so I'd imagine the Khaak will too.

On a happier note, I finally broke the billion credit mark naturally. Of course I shot back down below after purchasing both a Megalodon and Kraken. Happy days for me. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”