Not sure if it's the game or my pc

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

deaths hand

Not sure if it's the game or my pc

Post by deaths hand » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 13:51

I think i already know the answers to this and i doubt there's anything anyone can do but ill post this anyway.

First off, my pc is no slouch. I have a ryzen 3700x cpu, 32gb of ddr4 3200mhz ram, an rtx 2060. Also the game is installed on an ssd. I'm running the game with max settings at 1440p, 144hz.

The problem is when i use seta. I noticed that the game gets very juddery and i get a ton of input lag. So i fired up msi afterburner and riva statistics. While flying around a sector in normal time i get the 144fps im after. However as soon as i run seta, the frame rate tanks hard down to 30fps. I noticed that when it's like this the frame timings are all over the place. And like i said, by this point the input lag boarderlines on being unsuable.

The thing i'm trying to figure out is, is this normal for the game or is there something wrong with my setup?

Deathifier
xr

Re: Not sure if it's the game or my pc

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 17:58

Depends on what you have SETA set to, if it is 10x I'd say that's consistent with my experience - the game has a *lot* to calculate.

I can even see the effect as it ramps up in SETA factor - at 3x, 4x, no problem, going to 6x I see a bit of impact, then it gets more obvious until it hits 10x.

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 07:05

Same CPU, try 6x AA and limit FPS on 75Hz, work ok for me.
Wargasm

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:46

Try going through a gate in max seta in a very fast ship. I miss the event horizon all the time. :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”