Notoriety gain/loss from kills question

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

HoboHat

Notoriety gain/loss from kills question

Post by HoboHat » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 19:29

Are the player's race notoriety gains/losses due to destroying ships adjustable in any way? For example, if I destroy a random Boron ship in Paranid space I will gain x number of notoriety points with the Paranid (and lose some with the Boron). Is this gain/loss hardcoded or can it be edited through a script, setting, etc.

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Notoriety gain/loss from kills question

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 23:10

HoboHat

Post by HoboHat » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 01:08

Thanks, but I'm not trying to change the dynamic relations system. My question is in regards to changing the amount of base notoriety points you gain/lose when you attack and destroy a ship.

If I destroy a Boron ship in Paranid space the game gives me +X notoriety points with the Paranid and subtracts -Y points with the Boron. I know the final point amount is probably adjusted by race ranks, type of ship destroyed, etc, but at it's core there has to be a base value... destroying an M5 class ship might equal a base of 10 while destroying an M3 is 40. I have no idea what they are, but is there a way to find out and edit them or is this logic hardcoded.

Thanks

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:33

HoboHat wrote:
Sun, 31. Oct 21, 01:08
Thanks, but I'm not trying to change the dynamic relations system. My question is in regards to changing the amount of base notoriety points you gain/lose when you attack and destroy a ship.

If I destroy a Boron ship in Paranid space the game gives me +X notoriety points with the Paranid and subtracts -Y points with the Boron. I know the final point amount is probably adjusted by race ranks, type of ship destroyed, etc, but at it's core there has to be a base value... destroying an M5 class ship might equal a base of 10 while destroying an M3 is 40. I have no idea what they are, but is there a way to find out and edit them or is this logic hardcoded.

Thanks
Pretty sure it is hard coded into the dynamic relations now. Your referring to, if I am correct, to the way it was prior with AP and before. Paranid loved it if you popped an enemy, and so on. You'll have to follow the link Cycrow posted to make the adjustments you want for FL. To make the dynamic system work properly, they would have to have tied it all together.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”