Terran Plot Start

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Baggins46

Terran Plot Start

Post by Baggins46 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 15:52

I am confused about the start of the Terran Plot. One source says you have to build a TAO then find the 250000 discovery. Another says find the 250000 discovery first. Does this mean visiting every Trading Station until you find it or is it in a fixed place?.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Terran Plot Start

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 16:39

You need to claim one of the HSAP sectors first, then build a TOA to enable regular access to it. Only then will the Special Discovery become available from the Explorer's Guild. But it's availability is random, just like anything from the Guild. It also costs 250,000 DP, so keep that much around for it.
Decide well which sector you want to claim. You won't be allowed to claim another until you've built a TOA on the first claim. Future claims cost an additional 50 million credits each. The other factions will also start claiming sectors once you put down the TOA. If you don't choose the sector you want the most first, you will likely not be able to claim it.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 17:08

Great thanks for that....er how do I claim a sector? I activated a HSAP in a sector and paid the Explorers Guild 1,000,000 Cr to build a TAO there.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:46

You already claimed the sector when you paid the Guild that 1 million credits. You have to build the TOA yourself. The plans are now in your HQ. Gather the necessary materials and order its construction. I hope you like the sector. If you prefer another sector, I suggest you start gathering the 50 million credits while gathering the materials you need to build that TOA.
A piece of advice, do not simply claim the first HSAP you come across. Decide whether it's actually worth claiming first.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”