New Game

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

popeye2
x3tc

New Game

Post by popeye2 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 09:22

Just started a new game, same plot start as previous games. Now dukes Armoured Freighters will not bail, only two out of twenty odd any help would be welcome

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: New Game

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 10:56

The rules regarding bails don't change from game to game. The speed of the shields dropping and hitting hull are big factors. There is a hidden stat for morale, that affects it.

Being in a bigger ship affects it. Other ships targeting it also affects it. And then sometimes its just luck of the draw, and bad luck. You can go a stretch of nothing, then all of a sudden get a whole bunch to bail. The point is to target the ship like you intend to kill it. It seems to me the chance is higher for a bail if you do that. It also helps to comm and ask for surrender too sometimes.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

popeye2
x3tc

Post by popeye2 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:09

Ship used is Nemesis, Same weapons for previous 3 games same character for all starts 2 ships bailed at zero hull and shields 23 died without surrender, commed each one numerous times. Even their normal transports will not bail

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 08:24

popeye2 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:09
Ship used is Nemesis, Same weapons for previous 3 games same character for all starts 2 ships bailed at zero hull and shields 23 died without surrender, commed each one numerous times. Even their normal transports will not bail
You could employ some light fighters with attack shields of, or let the shields recharge to about 25% then attack again. The key is quick drop for the shields then hull damage. Someone posted the threshold in one of the older forums, I think it's about 85% hull damage for the first bail check.

I too use the Nemesis. My weapons loadout is
3 Concussion Impulse Generator
3 Ionshard Railgun
2 Plasma Burst Generator.

I have a greater bail rate when I am simply trying to pop them. I tend to catch the bail comm at about 15% hull followed by the death scream. For that I purposely let some of my shots miss.

I've had a few rare instances where a ship was being attacked by a faction military ship, and it bailed from a mosquito missile I shot at it for fun. It was already in hull at the time. It calculates the bail from your first shot, to speed of shield depletion and hull damage. There is also a hidden state called Morale that plays a key factor. But this is hidden unless you turn on the Script Editor.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”