Warning: One of your ships is under attack in [BLOCKED SECTOR]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

D8alus
x4

Warning: One of your ships is under attack in [BLOCKED SECTOR]

Post by D8alus » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 19:20

So I’ve lost multiple mk3 traders in sectors they shouldn’t even be in.

They appear to be ignoring race blacklist profiles. And they are not set to Ignore Blacklist.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Warning: One of your ships is under attack in [BLOCKED SECTOR]

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 20:11

are they using the global profile, or is it a separate profile?

also, is the race set to automatic or manual

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 22:09

Also, was it block or avoid that instructs ships not to enter a certain sector at all?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:33

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 20:11

I'm actually having it happen too. Sometimes they follow it, sometimes they ignore it.

Using Menelaus Paradise as an example. I have it blocked out. As I am sure everybody is aware the Xenon flood there and Getsu Fune between those sectors. And I have a Boron Bio Gas Factory in Bluish Snout. I set those sector's specifically to Block, and occasionally my ships will still visit them to sell to them. I do have a separate profile for the blacklist labelled as Supplier. I have it set to manual, and the ships in that area are set to use it. I use it to block several sectors. And sometimes like I said they do stay out of them.

I am finding the same thing happening in Black Hole Sun to which I have block listed from a discovered sector I claimed 2 gates away. So far my Rime Fact is obeying it and avoiding Grand Exchange as instructed. I do double check the ships to make certain they are using the correct profile.

One more thing to report on this, the Station Manager ignores the max range set for "jumps away" for both selling and buying. Example: Had a factory in Ianamus Zura gamma. Factory was set to max sectors away for both buying and selling to 2. I would frequently find it's ships in both Eighteen Billion (3 sectors) and Acquisition Repository (also 3 jumps and pirate sector).

Fortunately I keep the Pirates near neutral to me. I frequently see similar from other factories where they have a station manager active. It's like your settings are just a suggestion. Kinda like you can't direct managed ships away from Hostile fleets because the manager keeps a dictatorship control over them. It ignores and shadow overrides your settings.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

D8alus
x4

Post by D8alus » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:49

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 20:11

Separate profile. Automatic.

They appear to only go into border sectors, though. Or they’re using gates instead of jumpdrives and not making it past borders.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:07

its an issue with the separate blacklist profile, when setting race to auto its not correctly adjusting the settings. It should work if you use the global profile or manually set the race

D8alus
x4

Post by D8alus » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:53

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:07
its an issue with the separate blacklist profile, when setting race to auto its not correctly adjusting the settings. It should work if you use the global profile or manually set the race
Groovy. Will do. Thanks!

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 11:05

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:07
SO..... I pay attention half way to my notifications, my emergency signals. But I make a habit of looking for certain sectors in particular. I have a Rimes Fact in Midnight Star. I got a notification for Nathan's Voyage so I decided to look. Demeter there traveling through a group of Split Strong Arms. Thankfully they don't attack OSS transport ships. But wondering where it was going, I opened it's info screen and caught it, one of the transports controlled by a Station Manager sending it to Black Hole Sun. It was following my Supplier profile, which is set to block for that system. "Or so I thought." I create separate profiles for ease of tracking different regions. I discovered that the Block for Black Hole Sun somehow changed itself to a null value. I have no clue what caused it to change, but thought this would be worth noting and mentioning.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 12:07

Just to confirm, this was a custom profile where you added a specific sector to the block list ?

Have you noticed it happening to any other sectors?

It's not an issue I have seen but will look into it

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 20:10

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 12:07
Just to confirm, this was a custom profile where you added a specific sector to the block list ?

Custom profile yes. So far it is a one off thing happening. I will definitely check it periodically to see if it happens again. I'll screenshot if it does happen again.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 10:45

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 12:07

Hate to ask this, but would you look into the station manager as well? It's sending ships 2 sector's beyond the limits I set on a few station's. And from what I can tell, it almost looks like it's adding the Buy and Sell range together to get it's actual range. I currently have a Chip Plant in Great Reef Alpha, Buy set to 4 and sell set to 2. For some reason it's sending it's transport to Ministry of Finance (6 jumps). That's how I got my theory. I also had similar happen on another game save. Station was in Ianamus Zura Gamma. Buy set to 2, sell set to 1. It was constantly sending the sell ship to Acquisition Repository. (3 jumps). Unless of course this was by design.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 11:27

do you have a save game where this is happening

D8alus
x4

Post by D8alus » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 19:06

I saw the null value thing happen once, but I wasn’t paying enough attention to note potential causes. I just changed it back to block and forgot about it.

I do wish there was an easier way to stop ships from painting themselves into a corner by jumping to a sector behind blocked sectors and not having the fuel to jump out, so they just sit there forever until you notice. But that’s a different issue.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 19:26

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 11:27
do you have a save game where this is happening
I do have the save I was last playing. I re-applied the block for my blacklist to Black Hole Sun, and as for my Chip plant, I always like to move to get these ships away from there danger areas as soon as I find them. But I can definitely upload the save if you tell me where to. It might behave that way in front of you.

You know, "thank god" for the account transaction reports. Both of my saves are available. They show the transaction's and haven't been overwritten yet.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 19:45

D8alus wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 19:06
I saw the null value thing happen once, but I wasn’t paying enough attention to note potential causes. I just changed it back to block and forgot about it.

I do wish there was an easier way to stop ships from painting themselves into a corner by jumping to a sector behind blocked sectors and not having the fuel to jump out, so they just sit there forever until you notice. But that’s a different issue.
Honestly, I only block out sector's frequently visited by Xenon. Any 0 docking rights are usually not a problem as I set all my factories to only buy and sell within a specific range. I don't let them go 9 jumps to get energy cells for example. I have a SPP in Wastelands. There is a Crystal Fab in Nathan's Voyage and one in Grand Exchange. The Grand Exchange is black listed due to heavy Xenon activity. Done after one of my freighters got popped by a PX. When the SPP needs crystals, I usually fly some in with a manual freighter. The SPP has a range of Buy 2, Sell 1. Black Hole Sun is black listed due to frequent Q's. I even fly in Meatsteak Cahoona's manually to my stations that need it in my own sector.

I know this would be a coding thing request, but I kinda wish there was a notification "audible" for a ship that sits idle in space too long. Kind of like hooking up the emergency signal to it, to say hey! I need input/instructions. And have a toggle for it in the ships command console. Maybe that can be an adjustment in version 1.4 :D

Keep yourself a "fuel tanker" on standby for those situations. My best advice.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 16:27

So the issue with the jump range appears to be the ships are finding stations within range of thier current position rather than being in range of the homebase

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 22:24

This should be fixed in 1.3

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 03:58

This also happens to my miners who are set to the mine and trade within 10 sectors. They always go way beyond set limits.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 02:27

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 9. Nov 21, 22:24
This should be fixed in 1.3
So a fix patch will come out, cool. I am compiling a list of things that I have encountered that don't seem to function properly. When I finish it, can I send it to you on here?
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 09:58

The patch is already out and available in beta

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”